Transfer Rumour Jerry Yates (4 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Probably not ....though didn't sillett say we are buying at Harrods not Woolworths anymore, signed speedie (one of my all time favourite players)....and then I think we went back to the pic n mix! 🙂

As Woolworths is not around any more, where are we shopping now, Poundland maybe. 🥴

fatso

No way for £4m
We ain't getting out of this league by buying average strikers like Jerry Yates.

Unless getting out of this league means league 1

Seriously, if Matty Godden isn't considered good enough to be our main striker, then Jerry fucking Yates definitely isn't.

And there's no way MR is spunking 4 million on a sub.
Can we just put this to bed now pls

San Francisco

We ain't getting out of this league by buying average strikers like Jerry Yates.

Seriously, if Matty Godden isn't considered good enough to be our main striker, then Jerry fucking Yates definitely isn't.

Then who exactly is good enough and what price will the club be willing to pay?

If Yates came in as a 2nd striker for £3m I’d take that so long as we get a proper Yok replacement which won’t come cheap.

PVA

What are the strengths and weaknesses of Yates and what makes you so sure that signing him consigns us to relegation?

fatso

Then who exactly is good enough and what price will the club be willing to pay?

If Yates came in as a 2nd striker for £3m I’d take that so long as we get a proper Yok replacement which won’t come cheap.
Forget it, it ain't happening.
If Vik stays we will go down the loan route or pick up a free transfers from a premier league teams released list.

If Vik goes, we buy a replacement for 6 million +
Yates isn't the answer to either synario.

Tommo1993

If you woke up to the sudden news, without rumour. that we’d signed Yates for £3m+, I think the general consensus would be a negative one. Silly money.

skyblueelephant76

If you woke up to the sudden news, without rumour. that we’d signed Yates for £3m+, I think the general consensus would be a negative one. Silly money.
If people think Vik is worth £20m plus then £3m for Yates isn't silly money. He's 26 and scored 15 goals last season, it's about the going rate.

Silly money is Watford agreeing to sign Keinan Davis for £15m if they got promoted last season.

Nuskyblue

If people think Vik is worth £20m plus then £3m for Yates isn't silly money. He's 26 and scored 15 goals last season, it's about the going rate.

Silly money is Watford agreeing to sign Keinan Davis for £15m if they got promoted last season.
Now we know why they bottled it...

In fairness, if he replicated what he did at Forest this season that would have been a bargain.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we got Keinan Davis in, I'd be happy. I think MR might get a tune out of him.

fatso

What are the strengths and weaknesses of Yates and what makes you so sure that signing him consigns us to relegation?
23 championship goals, in 109 championship appearances doesn't fill me with confidence, the rest of his football has been at a lower level, and he has at least 1 relegation to his name. His record is way worse than Godden, and there's no funking way we are releasing Walker to pay 4 million for this guy. Wake the fuck up, it ain't happening.

And he'll be 27 this year, if he ain't achieved top flight football by now, it's very unlikely to happen.

TomRad85

23 championship goals, in 109 championship appearances doesn't fill me with confidence, the rest of his football has been at a lower level, and he has at least 1 relegation to his name. His record is way worse than Godden, and there's no funking way we are releasing Walker to pay 4 million for this guy. Wake the fuck up, it ain't happening.

And he'll be 27 this year, if he ain't achieved top flight football by now, it's very unlikely to happen.
Godden was at Stevenage when he was 26 wasn't he?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

PVA

14 goals in a rubbish relegated team is impressive.

I love Godden and think he's underrated by many, but he isn't capable of goals like the second one in this clip

fatso

Godden was at Stevenage when he was 26 wasn't he?

And he's always had a better record than Yates, there's no comparison.

Even Walker has a better record than Yates, and we've just shown him the door.

TomRad85

And he's always had a better record than Yates, there's no comparison.

Even Walker has a better record than Yates, and we've just shown him the door.
Whats the most amount of goals Godden or Walker have scored in a Championship season?

TomRad85

14 goals in a rubbish relegated team is impressive.

I love Godden and think he's underrated by many, but he isn't capable of goals like the second one in this clip

We'd want that if we were selling a player that had just done that tbh. He looks like an obvious upgrade on Godden to me, quicker and stronger, exactly the kind of player you need up top in this league.

TomRad85

Feel like I'm going out my way to defend this player, no idea why as he's probably not even coming here. But how many of these players do you think you could get for less than 3 million?
a01ac53142f7ad2cfde424912958ae85.jpg

Nuskyblue

Feel like I'm going out my way to defend this player, no idea why as he's probably not even coming here. But how many of these players do you think you could get for less than 3 million?
a01ac53142f7ad2cfde424912958ae85.jpg

Estupinan but that is because he is shite. The fact he scored 4 pass us beggars belief

Users who are viewing this thread