James Collins (1 Viewer)

steve82

Once skipper, he's done that once

Yeah which why I'm not handing James Collins the keys to the City

He's hit over 12 goals or more in every season in league one or two
In the 4 seasons he's played over 40 games he's scored 14 league goals or more.

That's 6 out of 7 seasons since leaving villa he's hit that. With only his year in the SPL he didn't hit a good return.

He's worth his price tag and a place in any side wanting promotion from league two.
Why do you think Luton a play off finishing side want him.

Im not being funny but I'm not sure why for some reason you don't seem keen on him, why, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

So it appears after all this CCFC never followed up their interest with a bid for the player.

Reports suggest the Sky Blues offered Crawley a six-figure bid for the striker, who signed a three-year deal with League Two rivals Luton.

But Collins told Luton Today: “I spoke to Coventry, but in the end, they didn’t put a bid in so it was just one of those things where they didn’t.

“For whatever reason I don’t know, as I did speak to them on the phone and they were interested, but it’s football."

James Collins reveals he spoke to CCFC and why he opted for Luton

RoboCCFC90

he is shit. move on

60 career goals in League 2, across 2 clubs? Hardly terrible for someone at the age of 26, but if Robins didn't want him then I believe he has alternatives.

covcity4life

im sure hes more than effective at league 2 level. but the love in for him is a lil weird. in a perverse way im kinda happy he didnt sign

believe in robins! league 2 is shit and he will steer us out of it

Si80

60 career goals in League 2, across 2 clubs? Hardly terrible for someone at the age of 26, but if Robins didn't want him then I believe he has alternatives.
Not strictly true that... across 5 clubs and across 5/6 seasons.

He's definitely not the guaranteed 20+ a season goal scorer some are making him out to be though.

RoboCCFC90

You're stat of 60 career goals at 26 years old doesn't really mean anything does it

It shows that at this level he is prolific in front of goal, with arguably his best years in him.

I'm happy that MR is looking elsewhere, however players who can stick the ball in the back of the net consistently are a diamond within the rough.

RoboCCFC90

Not strictly true that... across 5 clubs and across 5/6 seasons.

He's definitely not the guaranteed 20+ a season goal scorer some are making him out to be though.

5 Clubs in League 2? I count three at the most (one loan club in Northampton and two permnament clubs, Shrewsbury x2 and Crawley)

70 goals in 200 appearances across the Clubs in League 2 - a decent record in my view.

Skybluefaz

Told you he wanted to sign.

giphy.gif

robbiekeane

It shows that at this level he is prolific in front of goal, with arguably his best years in him.

I'm happy that MR is looking elsewhere, however players who can stick the ball in the back of the net consistently are a diamond within the rough.
No it doesn't. You gave no indications of games played or time span

Si80

5 Clubs in League 2? I count three at the most (one loan club in Northampton and two permnament clubs, Shrewsbury x2 and Crawley)

70 goals in 200 appearances across the Clubs in League 2 - a decent record in my view.
Darlington - Loan
Burton Albion - Loan
Shrewsbury
Northampton - Loan
Crawley

I'm picking hairs as the first two were whilst he was a kid and so he didn't turn out too many appearances for either, but I stand by the opinion that he's not a guaranteed 20+ a year forward when he's only done it once in his career.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't have minded him here, he is guaranteed to score against us and kiss the badge or something though this season so I'll be having a bet on that.

I'm not mega gutted he isn't here though.

Liquid Gold

His average, if you take out last season, is 12-14. I'd be pissed off if we spent £300k on him and he only got that many goals.

covcity4life

you right again ?. In League one team of year
Lol the lengths ppl go too. I knew fucj all sbout him. If messi turned us down id call him shit too. I get defensive of my sky blues. Weird i know

Notice i also said glsd we didnt get him in a perverse way due to love in he gets every season from cov fans. Nothing to do with his talent

1 year after my post we got peomoted so my predicition of robins will sort league 2 without him came true

Users who are viewing this thread