James Collins (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Being linked with us again by HITC from Crawley. Would be perfect for what we need next season.

ccfchoi87

Surely Crawley would want a sizeable fee for him, being a proven goal scorer in the lower leagues?

I could be wrong but I think they're struggling with owners and money. I think they need the money to make additions elsewhere in the squad. 200k would probably be more than enough. They could struggle this year

Bob Latchford

Would be a very decent striker in LG2 . would be a very good signing imho .

Cavan O'Doherty

With McNulty and Collins up front I would really fancy our chances next year. It's just whether we would fork out or not

steve82

Surely Crawley would want a sizeable fee for him, being a proven goal scorer in the lower leagues?

James Collins of Crawley I hope not James Collins of West Ham....

200/250k should be more than enough to sign a league two striker who is likely a league one striker at very best.
I really really hope we're seriously in for this target man. Just the type of player that would really kickstart out league two ambitions!! A focal point, with goals!
20 goals in league two last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cavan O'Doherty

James Collins of Crawley I hope not James Collins of West Ham....

200/250k should be more than enough to sign a league two striker who is likely a league one striker at very best.
I really really hope we're seriously in for this target man. Just the type of player that would really kickstart out league two ambitions!! A focal point, with goals!
20 goals in league two last season

In a fairly average Crawley side as well!

steve82

With McNulty and Collins up front I would really fancy our chances next year. It's just whether we would fork out or not

Cash in on Jordan Willis.... or would a tribunal fee for George Thomas be enough to buy James Collins

Liquid Gold

I would willingly give up Thomas or Willis to sign him. I do like Thomas but he could easily be replaced, a 20+ goal striker on the other hand is hard to come by.
I disagree. I think Thomas would get 15 goals a season from the wing and his value is only likely to increase. I'd happily sell Willis for Collins and a League 2 defender or 2.

ccfchoi87

I would willingly give up Thomas or Willis to sign him. I do like Thomas but he could easily be replaced, a 20+ goal striker on the other hand is hard to come by.

Sell Willis to sign Collins. Use bigis wages to double Thomas' contract offer and league 2 champions here we come. If only it was that simple

steve82

I'd sooner get George Thomas on a 2 year deal with James Collins too, potentially 30+ goals in them two alone

Jordan Willis if you keep him he will likely be off next summer so rebuild the back line and squad on 2 year deals now to kick on with a element of stability to the side to put foundations in place

Pete in Portugal

Cash in on Jordan Willis.... or would a tribunal fee for George Thomas be enough to buy James Collins

I don't think we will need to transfer Willis or Thomas. Aren't we suposed to be getting £250,000 compensation from Stoke for Chris Camwell?

steve82

I don't think we will need to transfer Willis or Thomas. Aren't we suposed to be getting £250,000 compensation from Stoke for Chris Camwell?

Thought that was paper talk currently?

Few ways to find the fee tho....
1) George Thomas compensation fee
2) sell Jordan Willis
3) Chris Camwell compensation fee
4) can Jordan Turnbull walk for free or sensible fee if he triggers his release clause?
5) sell Stevenson for a squad sizeable fee
6) sell Cian Harries for a sizeable fee.

Cavan O'Doherty

Wasn't HITC the one that linked us with McNulty? If so hopefully this ones true as well. The question is would he rather go to Luton? The only hope I've got with this one is that he is from Cov so hopefully he would pick us over them

Pete in Portugal

Thought that was paper talk currently?

Few ways to find the fee tho....
1) George Thomas compensation fee
2) sell Jordan Willis
3) Chris Camwell compensation fee
4) can Jordan Turnbull walk for free or sensible fee if he triggers his release clause?
5) sell Stevenson for a squad sizeable fee
6) sell Cian Harries for a sizeable fee.

Yes you're right, there are a few options, though I think Turnbull and Beavon can go for free, if they opt to trigger their release clause

steve82

Yes you're right, there are a few options, though I think Turnbull and Beavon can go for free, if they opt to trigger their release clause

If it's true then it's crazy and makes no sense to a cash strapped club that a player who we payed a undisclosed fee for can walk away from a three year deal for nothing.

Especially as Turnbull was mainly awful and the back, slow and lightweight and responsible with the squad for relegation

SkyBlueCRJ

If CCFC were serious about attempting to gain promotion I think the signing of Collins would be imperative in getting the ball rolling. Whilst it is only the opinion of a few, some Pompey fans have said that McNulty does not work well unless he's alongside someone capable up top. Whilst I'm not convinced that a 'big man up top' will solve all our problems I think Collins' quality would compliment McNulty.

Think Crawley would command a fee of around 200-250K. So realistically we obviously need a few bodies out before we can get more quality in. (Willis, Harries, Stevenson). Just hope funds gained from player sales are regurgitated back into the playing budget this season.

steve82

He's the difference to promotion or no promotion in my eyes. He gets goals and sets goals.

If he gets 15+ himself and offers goals to McNulty and George Thomas if he stays they could potentially get a combined 45+ goals between them in a 4231 system.

Has to be the number 1 summer target a real coup if we can sign him

hill83

He's the difference to promotion or no promotion in my eyes. He gets goals and sets goals.

If he gets 15+ himself and offers goals to McNulty and George Thomas if he stays they could potentially get a combined 45+ goals between them in a 4231 system.

Has to be the number 1 summer target a real coup if we can sign him

Settle down Jose.

steve82

Settle down Jose.

Your not calling me "the special one" are you?

In all seriousness he could certainly be the pick of the summer business we could do, and be a huge part of the jigsaw for getting the goals needed.

Users who are viewing this thread