It's confirmed 10 points (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

The Football League can confirm that Coventry City Football Club have been deducted*10 points, in accordance with its rules and regulations.This Sporting Sanction has been implemented with immediate effect. Coventry City have*seven days in which to appeal.The League has now begun discussions with the administrator aimed at achieving a sustainable future for the club within The Football League.

Grendel

So much for all the conspiracy theories.

SkyBlueMania

Is this good or bad in the long run? Is that an a question that even has an answer?

Sorry for the utter lack of knowledge on the topic but I'm currently spending every waking hour smashing out a dirty great dissertation which I, as usual, left to the very last minute and haven't a clue what has happened in the last few weeks!

Wm65

That's this season sorted but there could be another deduction next season depending on the situation at the club regarding administration - it's up to the administrator to sort it a situation whereby everyone is happy now.

ajsccfc

Thing is, is that the full deduction or is there still the scaremongers favourite, that they could bring the hammer down further over all this subsidiary bullshit?

Mucca Mad Boys

So we actually in administration, now then PH4, where are you?

Knowing CCFC, for all the excitement amongst a section of the support, it'll only get worse because no one will come in to save us.

hutch1972

Considering the time it took and ending up with only -10, it shows how close we came to either getting away with it or being totally hammered.
On the plus side with no pressure and nothing to play for maybe we can put a spanner into the works of a few teams .

Last edited:

Grendel

Thing is, is that the full deduction or is there still the scaremongers favourite, that they could bring the hammer down further over all this subsidiary bullshit?

Very unlikely. Ultimately it's smoke and mirrors. The club is in administration and the administrators run the club. Sisu have effectively gone.

rupert_bear

Under the circumstances that's good news and the statement "in accordance with our rules and regulations" is important, it may well be that this fiasco with the Golden Share and swopping it from here to there isn't covered by any rules so the FL hopefully can't act on it, lets hope so.

Stafford_SkBlue

Has sisu accepted the club is in admin.
This morning statement from ccfc clearly states (holdings) which is not.
I think we far from out of it

Baginton

10 Notts County 58
11 Crawley 56
12 MK Dons 54
13 Crewe 54
14 Coventry 50
15 Stevenage 49
16 Preston 47
17 Carlisle 46
18 Shrewsbury 44
19 Colchester 43

hutch1972

Very unlikely. Ultimately it's smoke and mirrors. The club is in administration and the administrators run the club. Sisu have effectively gone.

Do you expect them to just curl up and die or fight to the death ? the latter for me.

Brighton Sky Blue

You'd think with that being the case, if PH4 is serious about his supposed intentions, it's only a matter of time before he comes in. The club's answers to the Trust's questions effectively stating that SISU will not fund the club beyond this season show their number to be up.

ccfcway

Giving me league one on tour t-shirt a quick iron, the good news is, unlike the playing kit, the league one on your tshirt might be current for a fair few years yet.

Wonder how my 2 start of the season bets are getting on...

Cody McDonald to be top scorer
Portsmouth to win the league

torchomatic

Ah well. Worse things happen at sea.

MatthewWallis

So is this the end of SISU then? Or will it drag on and on, I'm so confused by all this, can somebody buy the golden share and control the club but not have the players??

ccfcway

SISU are still here. One of their 200 companies are in administration, the others are not and at least one of them has fingers in the CCFC pie

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would guess the FL will consider the report from the administrator before deciding next actions. That could mean no penalties or more penalties depending on what is found.

10 points is the least we all expected

warwickcccfc

Don't you get 10 points when you enter administration and 10 points when you exit, like Pompey.

Or are their circumstances different to ours thus triggering this double whammy?

procdoc

so what is the next stage in this process? Are other parties now able to make a move towards owning the club or do SISU still have a say in that?

Brighton Sky Blue

so what is the next stage in this process? Are other parties now able to make a move towards owning the club or do SISU still have a say in that?

SISU can decide to reject any proposed CVA coming from a prospective buyer-if that happens and the club were to exit administration it would leave us facing an extra points deduction.

Users who are viewing this thread