Italy v Uruguay (1 Viewer)

Otis

Don't care how brilliant a player he is, Suarez should be banned from the game. 12 months minimum, starting next game.

dancers lance

Bitten on the cock? Fuck me! That's low! :)

Bitten on the cock is a totally different matter (depending on who's doing it) bitten by a cock however, is a completely different thing.

bringbackrattles

Don't care how brilliant a player he is, Suarez should be banned from the game. 12 months minimum, starting next game.
Otis he should be thrown out of the game as he's had too many chances.
But where he's from they see nowt wrong with his behaviour as Poyet has said recently.

Otis

I did say minimum.

As was said on TV, children watch these matches. If we don't totally nail this, this is going to start being replicated on school playing fields.

Marty

Hes a horrible c**t, this is the 3rd time now, needs to be banned from football for life, that or a serious injury that ends his career.

Johnnythespider

I did say minimum.

As was said on TV, children watch these matches. If we don't totally nail this, this is going to start being replicated on school playing fields.
Nail it Otis, I think crucifying him is going a bit far.

dancers lance

I did say minimum.

I have 3 children all involved in sport. To say that they would copy this man is a disgrace. They hate this little turd, they hate what he does,they hate what he stands for and hate how he treats his fellow players. All of my children cried when we lost to Uruguay, not because we lost, because he scored.

Otis

I have 3 children all involved in sport. To say that they would copy this man is a disgrace. They hate this little turd, they hate what he does,they hate what he stands for and hate how he treats his fellow players. All of my children cried when we lost to Uruguay, not because we lost, because he scored.

Glad your kids feel that way, but there will be children who most certainly will follow if he's allowed to get away with it.

Marty

Surely he won't get away with it Otis. Hes a danger to other players, I'm surprised neither Ivanovic or Chiellini smashed his teeth down his throat.

Otis

I will be gobsmacked if he gets anything less than at least a 10 game international ban, but hey, it's FIFA, so he'll probably be given a medal or something.

HAS to be banned and banned for a long, long time. We cannot allow this sort of thing to happen.

turlykerd

I am truly very sorry about the incident with Branislav Ivanovic. I hope all the people who I have offended last Sunday at Anfield will grant me forgiveness and I again repeat my personal apology to Branislav," Suarez said.

"I know that all the things that are happening to me in England will help me to improve my conduct on the field. Right now, I just want to focus on becoming a better footballer on and off the field.

"I would like to explain to everybody that I decided to accept the ban whilst ten games is clearly greater than those bans given in past cases where players have actually been seriously injured, I acknowledge that my actions were not acceptable on the football pitch so I do not want to give the wrong impression to people by making an appeal.

"I really want to learn from what has happened in the last two-and-a-half years, many things have been said and written about me, I just tried to do my best on the field. I hope to come back early to play."

Luis Suarez

Your full of shit !

Covstu

I will be gobsmacked if he gets anything less than at least a 10 game international ban, but hey, it's FIFA, so he'll probably be given a medal or something.

HAS to be banned and banned for a long, long time. We cannot allow this sort of thing to happen.

I think this would be the issue, if it is just an international ban. He should be banned from football fullstop for a longer period of time than the last incident. He clearly isn't getting it and has a serious anger management issue! It would be ironic that he gets banned for 10 international games but then gets a £70M transfer to Madrid for the great world cup, no justice!!

AngryAnt

Ugly John Travolta...

He's clearly not learnt his lesson, I think FIFA should even go as far as to consider kicking Uruguay out of the contest. Suarez needs to be banned from international and domestic football for a very very long time.

Otis

I think this would be the issue, if it is just an international ban. He should be banned from football fullstop for a longer period of time than the last incident. He clearly isn't getting it and has a serious anger management issue! It would be ironic that he gets banned for 10 international games but then gets a £70M transfer to Madrid for the great world cup, no justice!!

Surely FIFA won't have the authority to ban him from club football will they?

Otis

Have to say, THIS is almost just as disgraceful!

Uruguay manager Oscar Tabarez and his players as they left the stadium.
A heated exchange with Tabarez in his news conference ended with him claiming this was nothing more than a conspiracy against Suarez led by the British media. One Uruguayan journalist actually stood up and applauded Tabarez's answer.

The message from the players was no different. Uruguay captain Diego Lugano said: "You couldn't have seen it because nothing happened. The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. As a man, he disappointed me totally."

Absolute disgrace. Ban the team.

Will be a total travesty if Uruguay now go on to win the competition.

"The British media is very bad to Luis Suarez. Bad. Bad. Bad. You attack, attack, attack. You don't see the goals, only bad things ” Leonardo Goyen Sena La Tribune newspaper.

:facepalm:

Otis

And it's bad enough being a diver, cheat, sneak and a biter, without being a great big dirty liar too.

Post match interview Suárez denied he had bitten Chiellini. “These situations happen on the field,” he said. “I had contact with his shoulder, chest against shoulder and I got a knock to the eye – nothing more.”

Covstu

I would assume that FIFA have overall authority to ban him totally if he brought the game into disrepute. I cannot believe what the manager is coming out with, shocking!!!

Otis

It's unbelievable.

And when you read on it just gets worse. Talk about being in denial.

Uruguay jumped to Suárez’s defence, with the non-playing captain Diego Lugano sensing conspiracy and accusing Chiellini of being a cry baby. He also suggested that the apparent bite mark on the Italian’s shoulder was an existing scar.

“Did you see it [the bite] today or did you see what happened in other years?” Lugano said. “You couldn’t have seen it today because nothing happened. The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. It doesn’t correspond with Italian football, crying and appealing against a rival. As a man he disappointed me totally. I had him as a reference point. You have to be stupid to think that mark on Chiellini is from today.”

Words fail me.

Otis

FIFA can't be weak here, they just can't.

Got to be minimum 12 month ban and if I were Liverpool I would try and palm him off here and now.

Otis

It's not as if he even came out and made a immediate apology or anything. Not that it would made much of difference, but to carry out the act in front of an audience of millions and then lie about it and totally deny he's done it, shows him up to be the coniving, cheating little shit he is.

Now he's denied even doing it, there will surely be no sincerity in any future apology now whatsoever I would thought. People surely just won't buy it.

At least have the balls to come up with some excuses for doing it, rather than just pretending you didn't do it at all!!!

Otis

The Luis Suárez “biting” incident has been explained away by a Uruguayan TV station as a conspiracy by the English – just like the 1966 World Cup final.

A report on the Tenfield station’s website said Suárez’s face made contact with Giorgio Chiellini’s shoulder but only became an issue about biting when British reporters repeatedly asked questions in the post-match press conference. The report adds that Geoff Hurst’s second goal in the 1966 final did not cross the line.

It says: “In the TV replay, as viewed in the press area, it appears that Luisito’s face comes in contact with Chiellini without it being clear whether he bites him as was claimed by those – especially the English – who were keen to play down Uruguay’s victory.

“In our view the TV picture is not clear as to whether or not Suárez bites the shoulder of the Italian defender. Note how Suárez stumbles after jumping for the ball and how his face hits the shoulder of the Italian player.

“British reporters, in the press conference, asked Óscar Tabárez three times about the incident, saying that: ‘Suárez bit Chiellini.’ Their intention was Fifa should expel Luisito. It would be good if these Englishmen remember how they won the World Cup in 1966 with a ball which was not a goal.”

Yeah, they're right. The picture isn't clear at all. :facepalm:

And stupid argument about 1966. Conspiracy? Really.

We do remember the goal in 1966, but also remember Maradona's hand of God and Lampard's goal that wasn't and the fact that Godin should have clearly been sent off against us!!

Last edited:

Otis

Other press reaction in Uruguay included coverage of the response on social media and overseas, and the sense that all may not have been as it seemed – El Observador pointing to a lack of definitive photo evidence.

“There was no single picture to prove there was a bite. Two images were circulating: one, of Chiellini with his shirt up for the referee, appeared to show he had been visited by a vampire. In the other there was nothing. Was it Photoshop?

Últimas Noticias saw both sides, reporting: “The photos spread over social networks. But nobody talks about how Suárez was injured in the jaw and the eye. Suárez said ‘these things happen on the pitch’ and played down his swollen face.”

El País also covered the UK reaction: “The assumption that Suárez bit [Chellini] flew around the world, even before the game ended. The main English newspapers were tough with the Liverpool player. It is worth remembering that most of the English press harassed the Uruguayan after the bite that he gave Branislav Ivanovic.”

Sounds like a whole country in denial.

:facepalm:

duffer

It's unbelievable.

And when you read on it just gets worse. Talk about being in denial.

Uruguay jumped to Suárez’s defence, with the non-playing captain Diego Lugano sensing conspiracy and accusing Chiellini of being a cry baby. He also suggested that the apparent bite mark on the Italian’s shoulder was an existing scar.

“Did you see it [the bite] today or did you see what happened in other years?” Lugano said. “You couldn’t have seen it today because nothing happened. The worst of everything is the attitude of Chiellini. It doesn’t correspond with Italian football, crying and appealing against a rival. As a man he disappointed me totally. I had him as a reference point. You have to be stupid to think that mark on Chiellini is from today.”

Words fail me.

It's almost laughable, isn't it. Presumably Chiellini had someone bite him on various parts of his body so that he could engineer a contact with Suarez's mouth at a key point in the game, and then show the ref a scar.

It's fairly well established that Suarez is a cheat, and clearly this was either an attempt to provoke a reaction, or a complete loss of self control. Neither is acceptable. What staggers me is that rather than condemning his behaviour, or at least just keeping quiet, his team's captain attempts to suggest that the victim is a liar.

If that's the official Uruguay response, then I hope they're bounced out of the competion forthwith. Won't happen mind - but at the very least I'd like a long suspension for Suarez and an absolute kicking (in a football sense) for his team against Columbia.

Otis

Think they should throw the whole team out. That's both the captain and manager totally denying it even happened.

They had better be really quick with a retraction and apology I would have thought.

If Uruguay do continue, which they surely will, I will be rooting for every other team they come up against right till the end of the competition.

Users who are viewing this thread