Increasing the scope of var (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Nick

Administrator
They need to focus on getting the existing processes correct before any idea of expanding comes up. Time to mike up the VAR and the referee like they do in cricket and other sports.

Exactly, they still can't get the basics right without about 15 replays so imagine that happening for throw ins and corners.

David O'Day

VAR isn't going anywhere, people need to face that fact. It's just a case of trying to make it as good as possible

It does work well sometimes, despite what Dyche may say the VAR worked well in the Everton vs. United game, the on field ref made an awful decision when he booked Martial for a dive when he was clearly fouled and VSR corrected him.

Covkid1968#

Just fook it off, looks like it's being readied for more sponsorship to me! And adverts.
American football here we come….really hope The Championship reject it if it proposed to extend down the divisions

Travs

VAR isn't going anywhere, people need to face that fact. It's just a case of trying to make it as good as possible

It does work well sometimes, despite what Dyche may say the VAR worked well in the Everton vs. United game, the on field ref made an awful decision when he booked Martial for a dive when he was clearly fouled and VSR corrected him.

Rule changes in football should be able to be implemented at any level, from Sunday leagues up to champions league.

Therefore, back pass rule change early 90's fine. Handball changes, (grudgingly) fair enough.

VAR can't even be implemented everywhere at a professional level, let alone anywhere else, so it should be gone.... as should offside rules which can't be figured out without the (dubious) use of VAR and six pairs of eyes.

*i fully realise VAR won't go anywhere, and will more likely become more widespread. Doesn't mean it isn't a sack of shit..... seems to be a defensive attitude amongst lots of football fans who won't accept criticism of the game.... see diving and gamesmanship being described as "the modern game" and "game management"

wingy

3minutes to come to a decision,players going to the side for a drink and tactical talk,fook of David, football is about the immediate nature of sport!

Tommo1993

I think what might bug me the most about it is “VAR officials” checking over something that happened several minutes before while the game is being played.

Think Gary O’Neil needs to get over himself a little bit too.

David O'Day

Rule changes in football should be able to be implemented at any level, from Sunday leagues up to champions league.

Therefore, back pass rule change early 90's fine. Handball changes, (grudgingly) fair enough.

VAR can't even be implemented everywhere at a professional level, let alone anywhere else, so it should be gone.... as should offside rules which can't be figured out without the (dubious) use of VAR and six pairs of eyes.

*i fully realise VAR won't go anywhere, and will more likely become more widespread. Doesn't mean it isn't a sack of shit..... seems to be a defensive attitude amongst lots of football fans who won't accept criticism of the game.... see diving and gamesmanship being described as "the modern game" and "game management"
it's nothing apart from being realistic, you can think whatever you like about VAR but all you can do try and improve as much as you can

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I think what might bug me the most about it is “VAR officials” checking over something that happened several minutes before while the game is being played.

Think Gary O’Neil needs to get over himself a little bit too.
IMO said before considering the wrong decisions that have gone against his team he has conducted himself very well.Not a Wolves fan but can't remember 1 wrong 1 going for them this season.
Agree with your 1st point.

skyblue1991

VAR should have a time limit of about 1 min (maybe even 30 seconds) to keep the game moving. If you can't find a clear and obvious error in that time then it's not clear and obvious

Some of these decisions that are taking 3-4 mins because of a toe nail are insane!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Needs to switch to a review type system I think. Put it in the hands of the manager or captain to appeal and if they’re wrong enough times they lose their reviews.

duffer

Why not?

I am of the thinking that when players are deliberately bringing down opponents to stop a counter should be sin binned for example.

I'm thinking if you make it a red card offence then it stops it happening entirely.

What difference does having a player off for ten minutes actually make?

The obvious thing that will happen is that the team that goes down to ten, will now start time wasting for the next ten minutes. This will not improve the game as a spectacle.

I've got a radical idea: The sport at all levels needs to get over the fact that refs aren't perfect, and just get on with the feckin game.

Mostly the better teams will still win, but sometimes you'll just have shit luck with a bad decision, a bit like shit luck with an unfortunate deflection. Sometimes, of course, it'll go your way.

We used to be able to cope with this before the ceaseless bleating by pundits using words like "disgraceful" to describe honest mistakes that could often only be spotted by endless slow motion replays.

duffer

Sorry @Ian1779 , not having a go at you personally mate, this VAR stuff obviously gets under my skin a bit, as does the endless focus on referees. I'm getting old and cranky, obviously. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread