iFollow and supporting from abroad (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

Whats the point in buying iFollow for the year when most the games aint even on ifollow, think its time i invest in a good totally "legal" way to watch the city. so HMU

shmmeee

Got to say, I don’t agree with dodgy feeds cos it’s denying cash to the club, but I’ve cancelled my iFollow season pass for the first time in three years because it was beyond a joke at points last year. I’ll just buy the games I can and then stream anything on Sky or whatever cos fuck it the club have already got the cash at that point.

chiefdave

Got to say, I don’t agree with dodgy feeds cos it’s denying cash to the club, but I’ve cancelled my iFollow season pass for the first time in three years because it was beyond a joke at points last year. I’ll just buy the games I can and then stream anything on Sky or whatever cos fuck it the club have already got the cash at that point.
same here, I had more hassle with the service I'd paid for than dodgy streams. if the authorities are going to give us a shit system that barely works and isn't even available half the time people will look elsewhere.

stupid really as they are just denying themselves a revenue stream. I can't imagine anyone who could actually get to a match is choosing to watch that standard of coverage with an out of sync Clive giving the commentary.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Anyone living in Canada know how they're gonna watch the Sunderland game? It's not on iFollow which last year meant it would be on DAZN, but I can't find anything on DAZN about it. Can't seem to find anything about who has the EFL rights next season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Does the price change in different countries? I'm not talking about currency either, before some bright spark starts! It was showing as something like 168 euros for me in The Netherlands.

I won't make many games so do want to watch, but the fiasco last season was a joke, and I am therefore not going to renew as things stand. If the club can give some transparency about how many matches will be shown, or even provide some kind of statement regarding it all I might consider it, because I don't want to cut my nose off. They need to do better or provide some effort before I make a move though.

shmmeee

Does the price change in different countries? I'm not talking about currency either, before some bright spark starts! It was showing as something like 168 euros for me in The Netherlands.

I won't make many games so do want to watch, but the fiasco last season was a joke, and I am therefore not going to renew as things stand. If the club can give some transparency about how many matches will be shown, or even provide some kind of statement regarding it all I might consider it, because I don't want to cut my nose off. They need to do better or provide some effort before I make a move though.

Yeah I think it does, I seem to recall match passes being cheaper in the US but I may have dreamed that.

Legia Sky Blue

It's not in the clubs hands though! What we do know is that any game live on sky (apart from the red button ones) won't be shown on Ifollow. Last season there were also about 3 games that were just made solely available for foreign TV viewing if I remember right. It is therefore Sky and the EFL who dictate the number of games on ifollow, not CCFC. Nevertheless last season there must have been over 30 games that were shown on ifollow and at a cost of £140 I'm more than happy to pay that.

CanadianCCFC

I bought the intl season pass again, the streams have almost always been good for me, it’s just annoying when the games are not available because of sky

robbiekeane

Anyone living in Canada know how they're gonna watch the Sunderland game? It's not on iFollow which last year meant it would be on DAZN, but I can't find anything on DAZN about it. Can't seem to find anything about who has the EFL rights next season.
Wait it’s not on iFollow the Sunderland game? For fuck sake

Nick

Administrator
It's more down to the rights with Sky, you would think that iFollow would have something in place with Sky so that they still got some rights for their subscribers rather than just "we can't show it".

Was never an issue in Leagues 1 and 2 but now on Sky a lot it takes the piss, paying fans shouldn't need to have to find a dodgy stream.

Sick Boy

It's more down to the rights with Sky, you would think that iFollow would have something in place with Sky so that they still got some rights for their subscribers rather than just "we can't show it".

Was never an issue in Leagues 1 and 2 but now on Sky a lot it takes the piss, paying fans shouldn't need to have to find a dodgy stream.
It also happens when a single country is showing a game, so it ends up not being shown in all overseas countries.
I feel like a mug for buying season pass again.

Kieranp96

Especially when we can’t get sky outside of the uk, I can’t even use the app 😂

Kieranp96

It also happens when a single country is showing a game, so it ends up not being shown in all overseas countries.
I feel like a mug for buying season pass again.
Glad I held off tbh. Think I will support club by buying the 3 shirts like always they won’t miss my £300 for season pass , instead someone will get £40 of me for iptv when I find one

NJSkyBlue

Had IFollow season pass in the US since it’s inception. Quality of coverage has improved but quantity has definitely dropped off in terms of number of games available - was ok last year as ESPN+ had the UK Sky games that were not shown on iFollow. Not the Sunderland game this weekend though - no sign of it on ESPN+. Beyond frustrating that they can’t offer a reliable and secure product to those of us who want to financially and emotionally support the club from overseas. While I’m at it - they need to make an app available for smart TVs (Roku etc) to avoid setting up laptops, cables and screen casting etc at 7am on a Saturday morning!

Johhny Blue

Good chance of being on hesgoal.com
I’ve never missed an opening game for as long as I can remember but will be driving all day Saturday and Sunday so will (patiently) wait for ifollow replay. Usually shows up about 8 hrs after the game

Blake

Had IFollow season pass in the US since it’s inception. Quality of coverage has improved but quantity has definitely dropped off in terms of number of games available - was ok last year as ESPN+ had the UK Sky games that were not shown on iFollow. Not the Sunderland game this weekend though - no sign of it on ESPN+. Beyond frustrating that they can’t offer a reliable and secure product to those of us who want to financially and emotionally support the club from overseas. While I’m at it - they need to make an app available for smart TVs (Roku etc) to avoid setting up laptops, cables and screen casting etc at 7am on a Saturday morning!
It's on ESPN+.

NJSkyBlue

Hope it is on ESPN+ as the only games I see listed this weekend are Burnley v Huddersfield on Friday and then Watford v Sheff Utd on Monday. Not listed on livesoccer.tv either. Where you seeing it scheduled? Thanks.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Good chance of being on hesgoal.com
I’ve never missed an opening game for as long as I can remember but will be driving all day Saturday and Sunday so will (patiently) wait for ifollow replay. Usually shows up about 8 hrs after the game
Do they show the replay on iFollow even if they haven't shown it live? I couldn't remember that from last season.

Blake

Hope it is on ESPN+ as the only games I see listed this weekend are Burnley v Huddersfield on Friday and then Watford v Sheff Utd on Monday. Not listed on livesoccer.tv either. Where you seeing it scheduled? Thanks.
On espn.com, if you click on the game, it says the game is on ESPN+.

CoventryUSA

In the US, I didn't seem to have much trouble with iFollow last season. Stream quality was usually decent and certainly easier than messing with dodgy sites that I have used in the past. I already have ESPN+ anyway, so having some matches on there wasn't a big issue at all.

The one thing that I absolutely hate is that the iFollow app recognizes if you try to plug your tablet up to your TV and refuses to play. I can still chromecast from a browser, but chromecast can make things a bit choppy.

Kieranp96

In the US, I didn't seem to have much trouble with iFollow last season. Stream quality was usually decent and certainly easier than messing with dodgy sites that I have used in the past. I already have ESPN+ anyway, so having some matches on there wasn't a big issue at all.

The one thing that I absolutely hate is that the iFollow app recognizes if you try to plug your tablet up to your TV and refuses to play. I can still chromecast from a browser, but chromecast can make things a bit choppy.
I have no issue with the service, quality or what ever I have a issue with the quantity I can receive in Central Europe, I can’t get espn+ and I’m not going through a vpn pissing around. Just more effort than needed 😂

robbiekeane

Two solutions that work for me assuming you have an iPad.

- Apple TV. You have to watch it on safari and then cast it to your TV by dragging down from the top right, clicking the icon that looks like two circles with a triangle at the bottom, and select your Apple TV that way. Sometimes takes 2/3 refreshes to get it to work but 100% success rate so far.
- Get a USB C (or lightening depending on your iPad) to HDMI adaptor. This annoyingly doesn’t go full screen for me and I get a black border but it’s 90% there.

Let me know if any questions

tskezz

Two solutions that work for me assuming you have an iPad.

- Apple TV. You have to watch it on safari and then cast it to your TV by dragging down from the top right, clicking the icon that looks like two circles with a triangle at the bottom, and select your Apple TV that way. Sometimes takes 2/3 refreshes to get it to work but 100% success rate so far.
- Get a USB C (or lightening depending on your iPad) to HDMI adaptor. This annoyingly doesn’t go full screen for me and I get a black border but it’s 90% there.

Let me know if any questions
He said chromecast so im assuming he isn't using an iPad.

I had the same issues as you. I managed to side load the Coventry app on to my android box a year or so ago and had it playing straight from there, the ui went a bit mental but once you full screened it was okay.

i know it's now a new efl app now so can't comment on that one but sure it's possible.

if they want this to be a serious solution for users they need to release a version for tvs/android tv boxes/apple tvs etc. They can't expect people to pay hundreds to watch on a mobile device.

tskezz

Another option you could try to get around chromecast issue. Use something like vysor or anydesk (both free) and you get the same results.

chiefdave

I haven't tried this for a while but does that work now? I'd always just get a black screen.

The only way I've ever managed to get it working on the TV is to mirror my MacBook which is annoying as hell as its laggy and makes being on here difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread