iFollow and supporting from abroad (4 Viewers)

robbiekeane

I haven't tried this for a while but does that work now? I'd always just get a black screen.

The only way I've ever managed to get it working on the TV is to mirror my MacBook which is annoying as hell as its laggy and makes being on here difficult.
So long as you don’t use the app, and you don’t “screen mirror” prior to playing the video, but instead start the match on your iPad and then drag down from top right and tap the button to play the media through a device and select your Apple TV. Here’s a screenshot (instead of saying “not playing” it will say “Doris..something or other”)

FCAE9A12-4BCF-4DB6-8FDE-C1CB592F3FE2.jpeg

chiefdave

using the app must be where I'm going wrong. why on earth they make it so difficult to watch something you've paid for is beyond me

biggymania

I've paid for it the last 3 years since moving to Portugal. It was 166 EUR this year - so no increase over last which is good.

That said - I did find plenty of games not available on iFollow - does anyone know how to figure this out for Portugal? If I visit Subscribe - Coventry City while logged in I see this:

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 12.56.24.png

Is that specific to the location I am in? It looks like the Bristol City game is radio only.

The iFollow FAQ for CCFC fans overseas - 2021/22 - Coventry City references this page for international broadcasters and it's not filled out yet:

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 12.58.37.png

The EFL also have this page:

And it shows this:

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 13.00.02.png

In this case, it only lists the games that are unavailable and again no indication if this is specific to my country or whatever. Also, we know this list is not comprehensive for the entire season because of course these things aren't decided up front... is there a specific schedule when they reveal which games are blocked?

Overall I'm happy with iFollow when I can actually watch the game but discovering whether I will be able to and with enough notice is painful, the lack of actually using it easily on your TV is annoying and in addition to this, the club get a pretty meagre cut, which sucks.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

DAZN in Canada is now showing the Huddersfield game on their schedule for tomorrow. Our game on Sunday isn't on there yet but I'm guessing this means they have the Championship rights again and they will be showing it.

pipkin73

If you look on the EFL site it says they are still sorting out the tv rights and will update. I remember a few years ago, it was almost Christmas before they agreed everywhere. beIN Sports not even confirmed yet as of 2 days ago.

chiefdave

why don't they only blackout the games in countries where its being shown? that would still be annoying but at least makes some sort of sense.

the platform behind ifollow is the same one the NHL uses and that's how they work, I don't get games blacked out here because they're being played in Germany. Although they do often blackout the wrong games but that's more down to Premier Sports, the rights holder here, being useless and sending them the wrong information.

Sick Boy

why don't they only blackout the games in countries where its being shown? that would still be annoying but at least makes some sort of sense.

the platform behind ifollow is the same one the NHL uses and that's how they work, I don't get games blacked out here because they're being played in Germany. Although they do often blackout the wrong games but that's more down to Premier Sports, the rights holder here, being useless and sending them the wrong information.
Yeah it makes zero sense whatsoever and just pushes people towards illegal streams.

Kieranp96

Tbh where I live hardly any games are shown if I recall only 1 was in tv here last season @tisza fan confirm if I’m correct or not I guess

Sick Boy

Tbh where I live hardly any games are shown if I recall only 1 was in tv here last season @tisza fan confirm if I’m correct or not I guess
Same in Italy, I think there were none last season and 2 or 3 the season before. As I said, people have to resort to steaming it illegally just because it’s being shown randomly elsewhere - it makes zero sense.

tisza

No interest in Championship here. I use an app to watch UK games. But patchy on ifollow but sky no problems. Or sports bars will show sky games except last year one clashed with rugby from memory.

SIR ERNIE

Hope it is on ESPN+ as the only games I see listed this weekend are Burnley v Huddersfield on Friday and then Watford v Sheff Utd on Monday. Not listed on livesoccer.tv either. Where you seeing it scheduled? Thanks.

Just checked, it's scheduled on ESPN+ from 6.55am.

Kieranp96

No interest in Championship here. I use an app to watch UK games. But patchy on ifollow but sky no problems. Or sports bars will show sky games except last year one clashed with rugby from memory.
Definitely noticed I got iptv sorted now so I will be watching everything 😂 and at a nice price also

Kieranp96

Same in Italy, I think there were none last season and 2 or 3 the season before. As I said, people have to resort to steaming it illegally just because it’s being shown randomly elsewhere - it makes zero sense.
Yea I have gotten myself a god iptv service this ear so fingers crossed I can watch most the games, will be back a few times during the season to go up to watch them as always anyway.

SBAndy

Tried to subscribe to ESPN+ as I’m in USA at the moment but it won’t let me - think it’s because I’m trying to use a UK-based card (even through PayPal). If anyone encounters a stream please DM.

Edit: crisis averted (I think!).

Last edited:

tskezz

Channels today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-31-08-42-12-84_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-31-08-42-12-84_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 22

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Tried to subscribe to ESPN+ as I’m in USA at the moment but it won’t let me - think it’s because I’m trying to use a UK-based card (even through PayPal). If anyone encounters a stream please DM.

Edit: crisis averted (I think!).

Can you help mate?

I also tried to sign up (I actually want the subscription and not just for today), and my natwest card didn't work, my Dutch bank account didn't work, neither PayPal for either.

If you have any ideas it would be really appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread