I know you lot don't have any time for us..... (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

1) I was there, if you wanted to avoid it all, you could easily.

2) Who you talking too?
You said England fans behave like mongs, therefore implying all England fans.

dadgad

The only time I ever got tear gassed was because local fans wanted to have a go at English fans who have an International reputation for being aggressive/arrogant/moronic.....a bit like that loathsome Farage.
It's toxicity is contagious conversely the Irish and Welsh fans reflect a culture of fair play and fun and reap the benefit.
Until English football earns respect off the field it'll never improve.

Wall i Am

The only time I ever got tear gassed was because local fans wanted to have a go at English fans who have an International reputation for being aggressive/arrogant/moronic.....a bit like that loathsome Farage.
It's toxicity is contagious conversely the Irish and Welsh fans reflect a culture of fair play and fun and reap the benefit.
Until English football earns respect off the field it'll never improve.

There is an element of truth in this, however it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, pretty much what happens with Millwall. Not complaining here, its just a fact, the name and a rep (long past) brings attacks when at most away grounds, either before or after, and a section of fans revel in it . I've never been to an England game, it looks similar though and given our history (I don't mean football) I can't see how that respect will get earn't.

covcity4life

my cousin went and snap chatted the whole thing as he is early 20's

showed a russian come in for a drink and the entire pub sang "we hate russians,get out of our pub" until he left

Brylowes

my cousin went and snap chatted the whole thing as he is early 20's

showed a russian come in for a drink and the entire pub sang "we hate russians,get out of our pub" until he left
The entire pub sang "we hate Russians, get out of our pub"
LOL. He must have been terrified, poor dear.

dadgad

There is an element of truth in this, however it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, pretty much what happens with Millwall. Not complaining here, its just a fact, the name and a rep (long past) brings attacks when at most away grounds, either before or after, and a section of fans revel in it . I've never been to an England game, it looks similar though and given our history (I don't mean football) I can't see how that respect will get earn't.

It is a problem for sure; endemic, cultural and historical.
Access to education always helps, of course, and the ability and will to travel (live abroad) have to be factors.

Brylowes

probably was when they started throwing bottles yeah

always the victims, its never us
And yet singing a little "ditty " at him is worse than throwing bottles at him,well it must be
as you used the "ditty " rather than the bottles to emphasise your point that all England
fans are thugs.

covcity4life

not all. people like cj go for the games

a large amount of them are poorly educated chavs who cant go a day without alcohol. is what it is

we as a country are ashamed of them.

Hadji10

Remember the videos of the Chelsea fans smashing up the pub in Munich? The waiters come out to stop them and guess what? The waiters get whacked.

That's the exact kind of Neanderthals that follow England. We bring it on ourselves.

SkyblueBazza

not all. people like cj go for the games

a large amount of them are poorly educated chavs who cant go a day without alcohol. is what it is

we as a country are ashamed of them.
They must be doing something right...I can't afford such trips

...onwards & upwards PUSB

rob9872

I'd love to know how many of you commenting have been to England games rathe than regurgitating opinions from the red-top hyperboles. I've seen a number of games home and away and never been in or around trouble. Just like City games if you want to find it then you can, but the silent majority tarred with the brush of old are not interested.

I didn't go this year but had friends in marseille and they knew exactly where the trouble would be do avoided it. Had a grateful time by the beach, the fan park and in the ground (were away from the marauding Russians in the stadium who indiscriminately trampled over people and caused mayhem without provocation). Years ago our reputation was deservedly poor, now it's often families and a good atmosphere. I would still steer clear of Russia 2018 though.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'd love to know how many of you commenting have been to England games rathe than regurgitating opinions from the red-top hyperboles. I've seen a number of games home and away and never been in or around trouble. Just like City games if you want to find it then you can, but the silent majority tarred with the brush of old are not interested.

I didn't go this year but had friends in marseille and they knew exactly where the trouble would be do avoided it. Had a grateful time by the beach, the fan park and in the ground (were away from the marauding Russians in the stadium who indiscriminately trampled over people and caused mayhem without provocation). Years ago our reputation was deservedly poor, now it's often families and a good atmosphere. I would still steer clear of Russia 2018 though.

I have been to a few but not since the late eighties so don't know what it's like now but it was awful then, the Russians seem to be stuck in the 70's and 80's. I agree in general if you want to find trouble you can but most people in this country seem to be a bit more sensible now, although it did seem a bit hostile at Port Vale last year.

Users who are viewing this thread