How much money? (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Could only manage 36 hours away from here and socials. God my lifes shit

Anyway

How much money do we expect us to have this summer because i feel we will actually have a good whack

Quarter of the gate money from all the semis, and all the gate money from the final would net us around 5 million

The releasing of Rose, Dabo, Kelly, Waghorn, Walker, Dacosta, Kane, Bapaga will also give us about 60k a week to play with before even needing Dougs spare change. Can get 4 solid championship quality players with that wage

Also if Vik does go, say for anything around 15 million, then if Doug really is true to his word, we have about 20 million to throw around this summer no?

Probably just wishful thinking

bigfatronssba

If we did have £20m would it be wise to spend it all in one window? Or hold some back for January?

CBS16

The league looks incredibly tough next season. Doug's set out his aims for us to be consistently top 6 challengers so that's gotta cost minimum 20 million plus. We need a whole new back line, and 2 or 3 strikers if we lose Gyokeres. Sheaf Hamer O'Hare Palmer Allen Kelly Eccles would be a phenomenal midfield and a great starting point for building the squad. Would be huge to keep Gus, I can live with Gyokeres going

DionDublinsJockstrap

Anyway

How much money do we expect us to have this summer because i feel we will actually have a good whack

Quarter of the gate money from all the semis, and all the gate money from the final would net us around 5 million

The releasing of Rose, Dabo, Kelly, Waghorn, Walker, Dacosta, Kane, Bapaga will also give us about 60k a week to play with before even needing Dougs spare change. Can get 4 solid championship quality players with that wage

Also if Vik does go, say for anything around 15 million, then if Doug really is true to his word, we have about 20 million to throw around this summer no?

I reckon Kelly is worth sticking with. Revelation in the last half a dozen games

clint van damme

Why does the league look tough and why has it got to cost 20 million to challenge?

Not saying you're wrong but there's been several posts like this over the last couple of days but no one is showing their working out.

And as someone else pointed out,when we missed out on the play offs at the end of 21-22 people were saying we'd blown our best chance and the league was going to be really tough in 22 - 23.

shmmeee

Think we need to drop about £10-12m in the summer. I’d be hope that leaves us a couple of mil for January as well.

I’d give Wilson until Jan, he’s come on leaps and bounds. We need 4 CBs, 2 RWBs, LB, 2 CMs, AM, 3 ST I reckon ideally. 13 players. Some will be frees and low cost, 3-5 loans, then a couple at £2-3m and a few more at 1-1.5m.

Wilson/Moore/Tyler
RWB (L)/RWB (£0.5m)/Burroughs
LWB (£1m)/ Bidwell
CB (£2m)/CB (£1m)/CB (Free)/CB (L)/Fadz
CM (£1.5m)/CM(L)/Sheaf/Eccles
AM(L)/O’Hare/Palmer/Allen/Howley
ST(£3m)/ST(£1m)/ST(L)/Godden/Tavares

samccov1987

Mentioned it on another thread but would hope we sign McNally at around £2.5m. DaSilva if true is free as are the two Stevenage lads who cover CB and RB.

Get Doyle, Cuffy and Ebanks back on loan if possible.

Need to replace Kelly if he’s gone - the Phillips Shrewsbury/Palace rumour could cover this.

Vik fee should buy two strikers - seen that Kone mentioned before plus another.

Hamer if he goes too should net us two replacements.

Excluding wages think we could build a competitive squad for £10m with potentially £30 coming in.

Perryccfc

Anyway

You’re Ollie from Twitter I assume? Literally just read this on there before coming and reading the same on here.

Matt smith

Anyway

Nice long break from it all saddle

thinking about next season is too fresh want to switch off from watching football for a bit

Skyblueweeman

Why does the league look tough and why has it got to cost 20 million to challenge?

Not saying you're wrong but there's been several posts like this over the last couple of days but no one is showing their working out.

And as someone else pointed out,when we missed out on the play offs at the end of 21-22 people were saying we'd blown our best chance and the league was going to be really tough in 22 - 23.
Yep, said this before. Every season, some of fans say next season will be harder and the teams coming down make the league even tougher and we're going to struggle.

And every season we keep getting better and improving our position on the previous season.

I get that the bubbles gotta point at some point but whilst we've got MR and AV at the helm, I'm genuinely not concerned at all, regardless of how big the rebuild needs to be. They've done it before, they'll do it again.

Saddlebrains

Chunk of cash then on say £20 mil the absolute most we'd have to play with is £16 mil. Still way more than we have ever had to play with before of course!

I think we will have the best part of 20 mill to throw around

Thats even after you can secure some free agents from the 60k a week available from binning off the shite

Robinshio

Said before, use a lot of any money we bring in to bolster the wage budget for 3 years. Far more sustainable. £3m a season (£9m overall) roughly equates to an extra £60k per week. That’s 4 decent players at this level.
we probably need several decent players if we are going to challenge
we need (Assuming Vik and Gus leave)

5 defenders min
2 midfielders min
3 Strikers min
1 GK

I accept that we will use the loan system, but we would need maybe 8 signings who are capable of playing regularly in a promotion chasing team

SBAndy

we probably need several decent players if we are going to challenge
we need (Assuming Vik and Gus leave)

5 defenders min
2 midfielders min
3 Strikers min
1 GK

I accept that we will use the loan system, but we would need maybe 8 signings who are capable of playing regularly in a promotion chasing team

Oh absolutely, but if we’re shedding the wages of Waghorn, Walker, Dabo, possibly Kelly, etc. then there’s probably another £60-70k a week.

stupot07

Think we need to drop about £10-12m in the summer. I’d be hope that leaves us a couple of mil for January as well.

I’d give Wilson until Jan, he’s come on leaps and bounds. We need 4 CBs, 2 RWBs, LB, 2 CMs, AM, 3 ST I reckon ideally. 13 players. Some will be frees and low cost, 3-5 loans, then a couple at £2-3m and a few more at 1-1.5m.

Wilson/Moore/Tyler
RWB (L)/RWB (£0.5m)/Burroughs
LWB (£1m)/ Bidwell
CB (£2m)/CB (£1m)/CB (Free)/CB (L)/Fadz
CM (£1.5m)/CM(L)/Sheaf/Eccles
AM(L)/O’Hare/Palmer/Allen/Howley
ST(£3m)/ST(£1m)/ST(L)/Godden/Tavares
There will be plenty of free transfers about too. Isn't Da Silva now available on a free?.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Oh absolutely, but if we’re shedding the wages of Waghorn, Walker, Dabo, possibly Kelly, etc. then there’s probably another £60-70k a week.
Average championship wage is about £7k pw, our wage bill is at the lower end, so purely guesswork - Waghorn £10k, Walker £7k, Dabo £5k and Kelly £5k pw.

shmmeee

Average championship wage is about £7k pw, our wage bill is at the lower end, so purely guesswork - Waghorn £10k, Walker £7k, Dabo £5k and Kelly £5k pw.

One of the ITKs claimed Kelly Waghorn and Walker alone was something like £50k/wk I’m sure.

SBAndy

Indeed, but then factor in the returning loanees, Maguire, Rose, Dacosta, the fact we’ve probably not had Hilssner’s wage available all season. Incrementally adds up I’d expect.

Users who are viewing this thread