How much money? (2 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

Pretty sure it's been reported as 20% before on here.

I think it's 15% of profit. So if he goes for £20m, profit £18.5m (if it only includes a reported £1.5m fee), then Brighton would be due around £2.8m leaving us around £15.75m.

Even if MR gets half of that (and it's spent wisely), that would be enough to replicate this season as a minimum. Replacing Vik is my biggest concern. 20 goal a season strikers are rare.

Grendel

Unlikely, signed for us in L2 on probably 2/3k a week - can't see his wages tripling. I reckon £5k tops.

all contracts went up automatically on promotion and he’s had two - as well as an improved contract

Grendel

Honestly think you're miles off - you don't get a 50% pay increase based on promotion. Will be 4-5k a week, no more than that.

The incremental increase on wages in the accounts suggested a 35% increase l2 to l1 - the narrative I think said majority of increases was down to promotion clauses. The bill from L2 to championship doubled so it’s another big increase if under contract

Sky Blue Harry H

If we offered Kelly a one year contract, it would be on the club's terms (can't believe he would get offered much elsewhere, based on injury record/age) so I think he'd probably take anything offered (as long as it wasn't a complete p*ss take). Think he would then hang up his boots/move into coaching.

andrew.roberts

Hopefully Burnley won't inflate the price too much for McNally, after a clearly excellent loan spell with us...or even want to keep him.
There could even have been an agreement already in place dependent on whether they achieved promotion or not. In his interview after the Boro away leg he certainly alluded to the idea that something was going to happen...

Enviado desde mi moto g(9) plus mediante Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Honestly think you're miles off - you don't get a 50% pay increase based on promotion. Will be 4-5k a week, no more than that.
I'm pretty sure that SBB or someone else also said it was closer to £10K - he'll have had 2 promotion increases, new contract as club captain - I think you'd be surprised.

The league looks incredibly tough next season. Doug's set out his aims for us to be consistently top 6 challengers so that's gotta cost minimum 20 million plus. We need a whole new back line, and 2 or 3 strikers if we lose Gyokeres. Sheaf Hamer O'Hare Palmer Allen Kelly Eccles would be a phenomenal midfield and a great starting point for building the squad. Would be huge to keep Gus, I can live with Gyokeres going
keep Hamer(God) at all costs i would say

Sky Blue Harry H

keep Hamer(God) at all costs i would say
The gamble - if there was one, for me - would be to get what we could for Vik, then gamble on Gus being able to drive the team up the table. Keep him (even if he won't sign a new contract) and rebuild the rest of the team with Vik's money. Wouldn't need to spend a penny on midfield, as we'd have Hamer, Sheaf, Palmer, Allen, Eccles, O'Hare (perhaps Kelly) . We could then buy a couple of decent strikers, reshape our defence, partly through Vik's money and the clearance of the Walkers, Waghorns and all the other out of contract players. The downside is losing Gus for nothing, but if we made the PL it would be paid for x 20-30. Obviously if we got offered a huge amount for Gus, then we'd have to take it, but it must be near a £10m figure imo; he's that good.

Last edited:

Yorkshire SB

I'm pretty sure that SBB or someone else also said it was closer to £10K - he'll have had 2 promotion increases, new contract as club captain - I think you'd be surprised.
Obviously not ITK, so if that's the case fair enough.

Logically it doesn't make sense though. On £8k a week that's £416,000 a year.

The incremental increase on wages in the accounts suggested a 35% increase l2 to l1 - the narrative I think said majority of increases was down to promotion clauses. The bill from L2 to championship doubled so it’s another big increase if under contract

He'd still need to have been earning well over the odds in L2 though, which he surely wasn't

Hobo

If we did have £20m would it be wise to spend it all in one window? Or hold some back for January?
January is shit. But you need a contingency probably for loans rather than permanent.

Hobo

If we offered Kelly a one year contract, it would be on the club's terms (can't believe he would get offered much elsewhere, based on injury record/age) so I think he'd probably take anything offered (as long as it wasn't a complete p*ss take). Think he would then hang up his boots/move into coaching.

I see lots of comments about Kelly and coaching? It is often announced when players are taking their coaching badges, have I missed something?

Sky Blue Harry H

I see lots of comments about Kelly and coaching? It is often announced when players are taking their coaching badges, have I missed something?
I'm probably regurgitating something someone has mooted before on here tbf.

Legia Sky Blue

He already has his badges. Got them a few years ago. My nephew was on the same course. Scott Brown was on it too.

blunted

Don't think we will have as much to spend as people think. What will be crucial will be the Prem loans. They did wonders for Forest when they went up, Sunderland last year and Stoke when they played us at the CBS. The way we have developed players this year puts us in a good position. Doyle was not fancied by Neil at Sunderland but look how he developed at the City after a shaky start. May be mistaken, but wasn't it Neil who didn't fancy Maddison?

Mucca Mad Boys

£20m for Gyokeres and £10m for Hamer. Both are minimum values and would probably need incentives built in too.

Anything below these values and I’d seriously consider not letting them go.

Grendel

£20m for Gyokeres and £10m for Hamer. Both are minimum values and would probably need incentives built in too.

Anything below these values and I’d seriously consider not letting them go.

really?

Mucca Mad Boys

We have to set red lines somewhere or we’ll get bullied in the transfer market. Do we risk it all for another shot at the premier league?

If a fraction of the mooted teams are genuinely interested in Gyokeres, we’ll get our asking price. Not because we’re in a strong position but more so the competition to sign him appears to be fierce.

As I’ve said previously, I’m more worried about us getting poor value for Hamer. Less suitors and a less in demand position. Therefore, I’d be much more willing to take a risk on keeping Hamer than Gyokeres.

Users who are viewing this thread