How many tickets? (1 Viewer)

Tommystours

Conflicting information and never know what to believe ,although I would tend to believe the police as they have to know approx figures for H& Safety and how many police to attend.But on GMK people are talking it up by saying last night 1600 sold by city plus PNE.
We will all know tomorrow look at he photos and count he fans easy.

RPHunt

Don't forget all the people that will be at the Car Boot Sale there tomorrow - they are sure to be included in the attendance figures.

TheRoyalScam

And how many freebies have been given away?

How many programmes (which include Fishy's column) have been printed, and how many will be given away free at the end of the match?

How many seats have been booked for the sky blue coach, or should that be minibus?

The full-page ad in the Coventry Observer says 'WEARECOVENTRY' at the bottom - it should read 'WEWERECOVENTRY'.

NOPM

KCIC:blue:

Spionkop

BBC football site is reporting 1400 total, including Preston.
(My guess about 500 given away in that total.)

torchomatic

I'm interested. Why do you think they would give 500 tickets away. How do you come to that figure. Is it really too difficult for you to comprehend that 1500 or so CCFC fans still want to go and see their team play?

BBC football site is reporting 1400 total, including Preston.
(My guess about 500 given away in that total.)

Spionkop

No Torchy, I don't think so. I think that Sisu are really devious evil bastards who will stoop to any tricks in their horrible campaign against us supporters.
1400 total reported today on the BBC football site. I would guess 300/500 Preston. Probably about 500 CCFC fans who have actually paid.

theferret

Evil? There were far more than 500 non paying spectators at the Ricoh, so how is cutting the number of free tickets issued devious and evil?

covhead1

Evil? There were far more than 500 non paying spectators at the Ricoh, so how is cutting the number of free tickets issued devious and evil?

500 or so in a crowd of 11,000 is not going to make much differance but 500 added to a crowd of 1,400

I rest my case!

chiefdave

I'm interested. Why do you think they would give 500 tickets away. How do you come to that figure. Is it really too difficult for you to comprehend that 1500 or so CCFC fans still want to go and see their team play?

there are tickets you would expect to be given away, players families, sponsors (not that we've got one but I assume they have), it maybe that NTFC sponsors have access to free tickets. It's not that difficult to work out if you look on the ticket selling system there looks to be around 500 sold, all the other tickets are in a big block together for the second match in a row. It would be a pretty big coincidence if most of the ground was empty apart from the same couple of blocks every week (blocks that were never available for season ticket purchase).

I don't think 500 is a huge number it's just that 500 on a Ricoh gate of 10K is not really noticeable, 500 at Sixfields and you're possibly giving away more than you're selling and prviding a big % boost to the attendance whilst not making it publicly know how many paid for tickets have been issued.

letsallsingtogether

WOW only 50% given away Criminal especially if you have paid your £28.00 or what ever it is (inc Coach).........serves you right.....NOPM

500 or so in a crowd of 11,000 is not going to make much differance but 500 added to a crowd of 1,400

I rest my case!

Nick

Administrator

I rest my case!

Why does it matter though? They are probably giving the same away as at the ricoh, same staff and players, community ones etc.

Did that mean if against Crewe when we had a big crowd it would have been ok to give away a few thousand because the crowd was higher?

some of you lead very sad lives....why are you bothered who goes? why does it matter if they give free tickets, you lot are fucking obsessed...

chiefdave

Why does it matter though? They are probably giving the same away as at the ricoh, same staff and players, community ones etc.

Did that mean if against Crewe when we had a big crowd it would have been ok to give away a few thousand because the crowd was higher?

Depends how you view it. If you view it as a proportion of the total crowd then the number of free tickets has shot up massively. the point people are making I think is that 500 either way on 10K plus attendances is not giving anyone a different impression of how many people are actually paying to turn up. If the crowds would drop below 1K without the freebies then those free tickets are making a big difference to the perception people have of how well the move out of the city has gone.

Nick

Administrator
Depends how you view it. If you view it as a proportion of the total crowd then the number of free tickets has shot up massively. the point people are making I think is that 500 either way on 10K plus attendances is not giving anyone a different impression of how many people are actually paying to turn up. If the crowds would drop below 1K without the freebies then those free tickets are making a big difference to the perception people have of how well the move out of the city has gone.

But its not like they didn't give them out before and it is a new thing....

People just like moaning for moaning sake with some things

GaryPendrysEyes

....See their team play at 'home' in Northants and support Sisu... No, most can't comprehend that.
Or have you been asleep when there were polls, petitions, demos, Telegraph articles etc etc

Last edited:

GaryPendrysEyes

No one can be surprised that Sisu will try and get a big a crowd as possible, including prioritising free ticket,handouts.
If any of that action is directed at Northants people, which some suggest, that is totally different to giving free tickets to Cov fans.

bigfatronssba

I do wonder where these 1k city fans have come from though. I literally know no one who has bought a ticket. I know 1 person who has got a freebie for the corporate and that's it.

I must be living in a bubble or something.

Nick

Administrator
No one can be surprised that Sisu will try and get a big a crowd as possible, including prioritising free ticket,handouts.
If any of that action is directed at Northants people, which some suggest, that is totally different to giving free tickets to Cov fans.

Why on earth does it matter? It seems like it is only nopm people who are fussed about it, surely it is a good thing if they are free as sisu won't be making any money???

quinn1971

....See their team play at 'home' in Northants and support Sisu... No..
Or have you been asleep when there re polls, petitions, demos, Telegraph articles etc etc

I think everyone's missing the point on this, sisu didn't want to move us to northampton and acl didn't want us to leave the ricoh There is a solution to this mess.As things stand at the minute I'd take us back in coventry with sisu owning the ricoh.100 % sisu would then sell which is what we all want.

Ashdown1

I think there shall be less than the last appalling show of scabbery !! Preston won't bring as many as Bristol, even if a few more City fans cave in ! It will be a Conference gate which is what we better get used to while these scumbags continue to trash the club.

McLovin87

Why on earth does it matter? It seems like it is only nopm people who are fussed about it, surely it is a good thing if they are free as sisu won't be making any money???

I'd say it does matter because they will try and bump the the crowd figures up artificially to attract those fans who are wavering. If City do carry on winning and attendances do creep up each week some people will think bollocks why should they miss out as they perceive NOPM starting to crumble.

I will echo some of the earlier posts that I do not know one person who is going to Sixfields!

Nick

Administrator
I'd say it does matter because they will try and bump the the crowd figures up artificially to attract those fans who are wavering. If City do carry on winning and attendances do creep up each week some people will think bollocks why should they miss out as they perceive NOPM starting to crumble.

I will echo some of the earlier posts that I do not know one person who is going to Sixfields!

People are so paranoid, of course if we were winning more people will go as proven by when we played crewe.

Do people actually decide to go to games based on attendance?

I know a fair few who have been to sixfields, anybody called kev monks etc a scab yet?

italiahorse

It does matter if the community ones are going to Northampton kids rather than Coventry kids.

McLovin87

I know a fair few who have been to sixfields, anybody called kev monks etc a scab yet?

Just out of interest are those people who you know that have been to Sixfields actually from Coventry or fans who are now no longer in the area? My theory is that the majority of fans that attended the Bristol City game were not actually from Cov.

GaryPendrysEyes

You have no problem that Sisu may use free tickets to people in Northants to try and deceive Cov fans and Cov citizens into thinking the protests they attended, petitions they signed etc are crumbling and are being broken by other Cov fans?
I really wonder what your mindset is, let's have some respect for Coventry eh.

Nick

Administrator
You have no problem that Sisu may use free tickets to people in Northants to try and deceive Cov fans and Cov citizens into thinking the protests they attended, petitions they signed etc are crumbling and are being broken by other Cov fans?
I really wonder what your mindset is, let's have some respect for Coventry eh.

Well if ALL of the tickets went to people in Northampton then of course I would think it was wrong. There has been no proof of it yet, especially after the mention of so many NOPM'ers from Coventry turning down free tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread