Home fans in South Stand v Preston - Trial Confirmed (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Buy a 5 match package and that will guarantee a Wembley ticket

Will be full for every match if/when they release it.

Even if it's second priority window.

ovduk78

Buy a 5 match package and that will guarantee a Wembley ticket
How many tickets are already sold for Leeds? This will affect how many are left and therefore how many 5 match packages they can sell. When I bought a ticket for my son for the Leeds game it looked like there weren't many left although now they are limiting Leeds to 2500 that probably gives us a maximum of 2-3000.

Flying Fokker

I’m wondering if the new season tickets will be out soon? Makes sense if people are clamoring for tickets. People did it last season.

David O'Day

don't be jealous just because we can afford phones with lights on them

time to upgrade the 3210s lads

David O'Day

People would rather Leeds, Ipswich and QPR had 4500 then having additional home fans behind the goal.

Preston brought 900 and we were 3-0 down in half hour.

If this kills our atmosphere, it's our own fault, not because the away fans are where they've been for years...
no one said that numbnuts, point out where?

having a few thousand silent day trippers in between does make the atmosphere worse

pusbccfc

no one said that numbnuts, point out where?

having a few thousand silent day trippers in between does make the atmosphere worse

Who's to say they are going to be silent? They all stood up against Middlesbrough in the play offs.

Would you rather it be empty, or given to Leeds? The club have explained it very clearly why it's not possible.

David O'Day

Who's to say they are going to be silent? They all stood up against Middlesbrough in the play offs.

Would you rather it be empty, or given to Leeds? The club have explained it very clearly why it's not possible.
Some stood up, a lot didn't

I didn't fucking say it should be empty did I, I simply said they atmosphere would be worse. I also haven't said that is worse than giving Leeds United 4500 tickets. I just said the atmosphere would be worse.

If you can't actually read no point taking this conversation further.

pusbccfc

Some stood up, a lot didn't

I didn't fucking say it should be empty did I, I simply said they atmosphere would be worse. I also haven't said that is worse than giving Leeds United 4500 tickets. I just said the atmosphere would be worse.

If you can't actually read no point taking this conversation further.

The atmosphere may be better because there will be 28,000 home fans instead of 25,000.

It was a genuine question because that's the alternative. Give it to Leeds, leave it empty or open it up to Coventry fans... They cannot put home fans the other side

David O'Day

The atmosphere may be better because there will be 28,000 home fans instead of 25,000.

It was a genuine question because that's the alternative. Give it to Leeds, leave it empty or open it up to Coventry fans... They cannot put home fans the other side
Or it maybe worse like it has been because there are loads of people in the middle who likely aren't going to sing and it makes it harder for the people do want to sing in the corner to vibe off.

Why are you talking about alternatives? I haven't said they shouldn't do this, I was making a point about the effect this will have on the atmosphere.

Please just stop because if you are having to make up stuff then there really is no point.

pusbccfc

Or it maybe worse like it has been because there are loads of people in the middle who likely aren't going to sing and it makes it harder for the people do want to sing in the corner to vibe off.

Why are you talking about alternatives? I haven't said they shouldn't do this, I was making a point about the effect this will have on the atmosphere.

Please just stop because if you are having to make up stuff then there really is no point.

I agree with your point of wanting to sit near away fans. It's why the corner works so well.

However, it's 5 games. We need more room for home fans. There is no alternative.

That Preston game was a bad example of it because the result was so incredibly poor. The 5 minutes before the game was quality.

I'm not trying to cause an issue but I don't think the atmosphere will be worse. We could have 28,000 home fans against Leeds. More than we've ever had for a league game.

mmttww

My brother sits in the corner and he's banging on about how they "weren't consulted".

Seems like folks in that area have a sense of entitlement which I don't understand at all.

He and others here are saying it'll kill the atmosphere, while saying the corner create it.

With the second point accepted, as the corner won't be disrupted, how will it affect the atmosphere?

skybluecam

there goes the atmosphere
If it’s consistently open to home fans people who want to stand next to the away fans will move over and the atmosphere will return.

Finances are king, this allows us to sell more tickets. We could have multiple sell outs if we’re challenging for playoffs and with the added interest of the cup.

David O'Day

I agree with your point of wanting to sit near away fans. It's why the corner works so well.

However, it's 5 games. We need more room for home fans. There is no alternative.

That Preston game was a bad example of it because the result was so incredibly poor. The 5 minutes before the game was quality.

I'm not trying to cause an issue but I don't think the atmosphere will be worse. We could have 28,000 home fans against Leeds. More than we've ever had for a league game.
There's been games when we have been rubbish and the atmosphere has been a lot, lot better.

Normally this is because there is banter between the sets of fans and it sparks from there. That won't happen now as 10 to 12 won't be full of people who really want to do that.

What you will have is 2500 loud Leeds fans next to 2000 mostly passive city fans who for the Leeds game are sitting there as most of the rest of the ground is gone.

David O'Day

If it’s consistently open to home fans people who want to stand next to the away fans will move over and the atmosphere will return.

Finances are king, this allows us to sell more tickets. We could have multiple sell outs if we’re challenging for playoffs and with the added interest of the cup.
I am talking about the rest of this season and not any further than that.

skybluecam

People would rather Leeds, Ipswich and QPR had 4500 then having additional home fans behind the goal.

Preston brought 900 and we were 3-0 down in half hour.

If this kills our atmosphere, it's our own fault, not because the away fans are where they've been for years...
Exactly. The atmosphere at Preston had nothing to do with the trial. Fans immediately turned on players at 1-0, Singers corner went silent and then the team capitulated. Add in the light bullshit and it was an embarrassing showing from our fans.

pusbccfc

There's been games when we have been rubbish and the atmosphere has been a lot, lot better.

Normally this is because there is banter between the sets of fans and it sparks from there. That won't happen now as 10 to 12 won't be full of people who really want to do that.

What you will have is 2500 loud Leeds fans next to 2000 mostly passive city fans who for the Leeds game are sitting there as most of the rest of the ground is gone.

I thought the atmosphere was pretty poor against Millwall when they were moved closer. Bristol City was ok.

Ideally thet would be close and next year fans can move behind the goal to allow that. It's only for 5 games. 5 meaningful games where everyone should be up for it. 3pm kick offs too.

mmttww

also, when I'm in block 15, there's a LOT of people who seem happy to stand and be quiet.

If we're gonna look for reasons why the atmosphere might be slipping, maybe start with that.

David O'Day

I thought the atmosphere was pretty poor against Millwall when they were moved closer. Bristol City was ok.

Ideally thet would be close and next year fans can move behind the goal to allow that. It's only for 5 games. 5 meaningful games where everyone should be up for it. 3pm kick offs too.
Millwall was 12:00 on a Sunday, no one really wanted to be there at that time.

Being up for it is different for different people.

pusbccfc

Millwall was 12:00 on a Sunday, no one really wanted to be there at that time.

Being up for it is different for different people.

Agreed but that's the point myself and others are making about the Preston game. You can't judge it off that.

Boro is the best example, it was decent and when it got going was much, much louder.

Users who are viewing this thread