Hilsner (1 Viewer)

superskyblue

Talking out of your ass mate, go and conjure up something else to be negative about re ccfc.
To be fair to Canuck, Hilssner didn't look great in the limited time he played in the friendlies. Sometimes you can tell if a player is a good player having a bad day - I remember saying something about Walsh in his early games to that effect. I didn't get that same vibe with Hilssner but it is very early days.

Taking into account all of the factors already mentioned (moving to new country, lack of fitness etc.) it's probably really unfair to judge him on that short period.

CanuckSkyBlue

To be fair to Canuck, Hilssner didn't look great in the limited time he played in the friendlies. Sometimes you can tell if a player is a good player having a bad day - I remember saying something about Walsh in his early games to that effect. I didn't get that same vibe with Hilssner but it is very early days.

Taking into account all of the factors already mentioned (moving to new country, lack of fitness etc.) it's probably really unfair to judge him on that short period.
We signed him on a three year deal so maybe there's hope but I can't see it myself. He doesn't even run like a footballer!

Briles

I'm assuming with his lung condition he is classed as vulnerable, they might just be being extra careful with him

Joy Division

Has it been confirmed somewhere that there is a medical issue with him? I must have missed that one

cc84cov

I have seen (and written) some unbelievable shite on here in the past but this is now the most batshit, how the fuck do you not "run like a footballer" 😂
Didn’t Alex Ferguson say something about how the way Jordan Henderson ran once

Reactions: vow

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I have seen (and written) some unbelievable shite on here in the past but this is now the most batshit, how the fuck do you not "run like a footballer" 😂

It actually takes a lot of training and conditioning to teach your body to run 'properly' so you do it efficiently and quickly. Most of us don't need to be able to and can put up with our inefficient ways. We lean to onside side making it unstable and putting undue pressure on the joints causing injury and wear and tear, we have tight muscles that don't stretch out during the stride again increasing likelihood of injury, our feet aren't parallel or contact the ground in the most efficient manner.

If you've ever seen one of those races where a journalist races against an athlete you can massively see the difference between someone who runs 'properly' and someone who doesn't.

robbiethemole

They have a biomechanical and gait analysis expert on the medical staff, shouldn't be an issue. I nearly took a job with Wallsall as the resident chiropodist several years ago. The guy who wanted me, I used to have his Mum as a client of mine.

Gibbo

Hamer cost serious money, that is why he is the exception and Dabo was down to the Chelsea link so not in the same category. The others were out of contract I believe. I think as a plan it was worth a punt, but appears to be too risky for us.
Kastaneer ??
Hilsner ??
Jobello - maybe but the odds must be against.
DaCosta Who knows

superskyblue

Hamer cost serious money, that is why he is the exception and Dabo was down to the Chelsea link so not in the same category. The others were out of contract I believe. I think as a plan it was worth a punt, but appears to be too risky for us.
Kastaneer ??
Hilsner ??
Jobello - maybe but the odds must be against.
DaCosta Who knows
My recollection is that we paid an undisclosed fee for Kastaneer, Jobello and Hilssner but maybe I'm wrong.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hilssner would have cost about 50k, I hope anyway

He has played the majority of his football in Germany’s third tier, a league which Bayern Munich U23 side won last season

Gibbo

My recollection is that we paid an undisclosed fee for Kastaneer, Jobello and Hilssner but maybe I'm wrong.
Either way they cost pennies compared to Hamer, so the point remains that In terms of our buying policy they count as being in different parts of the strategy. Hamer was earmarked as a direct replacement for our best player last year, the others were punts at squad players and accordingly cheap.

CanuckSkyBlue

It actually takes a lot of training and conditioning to teach your body to run 'properly' so you do it efficiently and quickly. Most of us don't need to be able to and can put up with our inefficient ways. We lean to onside side making it unstable and putting undue pressure on the joints causing injury and wear and tear, we have tight muscles that don't stretch out during the stride again increasing likelihood of injury, our feet aren't parallel or contact the ground in the most efficient manner.

If you've ever seen one of those races where a journalist races against an athlete you can massively see the difference between someone who runs 'properly' and someone who doesn't.
This, but I’m not as scientific.

it’s like when you watch that socceraid sh*te, the celebs all look fit and can play but the way they run and that awful shooting technique.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread