Hilsner (1 Viewer)

Hobo

I am not sure Biamou, Kasteneer, Bakayoko and Jobello were signed with the anticipation of playing in the Championship?

Remember we have had one transfer window to adjust the squad. That is limiting unless you throw stupid money at it.

It is clear we tried to off load Biamou and Kasteneer. In Biamou's case, he does seem to have a good attitude - which might mean he proves a few wrong and contributes at this level.

Jobello seems to have some good skills so not writing him off. Hilsner can't judge at all because I haven't seen him play? Overseas players do take longer to settle. I think Tottenham on their documentary said they expect it to take 18 months.

shmmeee

I am not sure Biamou, Kasteneer, Bakayoko and Jobello were signed with the anticipation of playing in the Championship?

Remember we have had one transfer window to adjust the squad. That is limiting unless you throw stupid money at it.

It is clear we tried to off load Biamou and Kasteneer. In Biamou's case, he does seem to have a good attitude - which might mean he proves a few wrong and contributes at this level.

Jobello seems to have some good skills so not writing him off. Hilsner can't judge at all because I haven't seen him play? Overseas players do take longer to settle. I think Tottenham on their documentary said they expect it to take 18 months.

Baka was (re)signed after promotion.

fernandopartridge

Our aim last season was promotion (as a lot of the players testified in their interviews), so I don't believe any player was ever signed purely on whether he was capable at L1 level.

Nick

Administrator
I am sure I remember Robins or Badlan saying they had a couple of different lists of players. One was players for the Championship which I assume Hamer, oHare etc were on and I guess a plan B if we didn't go up.

shmmeee

I am sure I remember Robins or Badlan saying they had a couple of different lists of players. One was players for the Championship which I assume Hamer, oHare etc were on and I guess a plan B if we didn't go up.

Did get a feeling that they’d mixed up the lists a few weeks ago 😂

stevefloyd

it appears we take a punt on some players then realise after signing them on contracts that the punt isnt good enough, if our funds are that low we have to start getting the punts a lot better... some scouts are letting us down

Users who are viewing this thread