Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (5 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

One thing for sure is that €24m Gyokeres deal for a player with one year left on his contract and totally unproven above Championship level was a stonker and possibly a pivotal game changer for this club.
The calibre of signings in the two weeks since has been fantastic.

Exactly this, our net spend is next to nothing even if Wright is £7m upfront

Reactions: vow

Mucca Mad Boys

Well we already know you can sign a highly rated young PL striker with a decent Championship/L1 scoring record, AND the best wing-back in the Eredivisie for roughly the same price upfront as we’re paying for Wright. Personally I was expecting us to keep on that track if we still had money in the bank.

Wright has a 1 in 2 strike rate in the Turkish league which was better than Simms’ strike record in the Championship. Two strikers with a good strike rate is what are fans have been craving for - well, until it’s a player they know nothing about.

How could you not be excited at the prospect of having both of these players upfront?

shmmeee

He could be in trouble then as Vik only cost us £1m so Wrights gonna have to score in excess of 100 goals this season (maybe even 150 if 7m+ fee is to be believed) to keep you happy 😉

You know it doesn’t work that way though. Should we expect a lot of him once he’s bedded in…of course, but let’s give the lad a chance. If he helps in improve the team then happy days. Robins is making the call. Kings supporting him. Let’s keep it positive until we see stuff to change our minds

I think it’ll take a while for the team to gel and work out how each other best plays. I’m not expecting instant results from anyone. For the money though if Wright and Simms don’t get 30 between them I’d have some serious questions about letting Robins loose with that much money again.

shmmeee

His record is 1 in 2 the last two seasons in a league ranked basically the same as the championship. Fans are generally pretty poor judges, is that a good evidence base?

I posted a video earlier where he scored 2 in and got an assist yet you could see where fans could get critical of him because he can look clumsy.

I think that’s what it comes down to. I don’t rate the Turkish league as highly as some do.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Wright has a 1 in 2 strike rate in the Turkish league which was better than Simms’ strike record in the Championship. Two strikers with a good strike rate is what are fans have been craving for - well, until it’s a player they know nothing about.

How could you not be excited at the prospect of having both of these players upfront?

Yeah but will Mark Robins play Simms and Wright together 🤔

baldy

I think it’ll take a while for the team to gel and work out how each other best plays. I’m not expecting instant results from anyone. For the money though if Wright and Simms don’t get 30 between them I’d have some serious questions about letting Robins loose with that much money again.

It’s the most money he’s been given in his managerial life - he must be feeling like a kid in a sweet shop

SBT

And as we’ve discussed in previous pages, there’s very little to suggest that a good strike rate in Turkey will mean he’ll be successful here.

With Wright we’re betting on his attributes and his ability to develop. I trust Robins and our scouts to do that because they’ve got a good track record with that. I don’t necessarily trust their decisions about spending loads of money on foreign signings though, because we’ve literally never done that this century. £7 million is a lot of money, it doesn’t come around for us very often, and while no-one wants to be the nerd who warns the lottery winner to invest cautiously rather than on a yacht or something, someone has to do it.

(Still, I promise I am actually kind of stoked about the yacht though!)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's happening, set your watches for 9 pm .

hill83

pervert-perv.gif

Mucca Mad Boys

And as we’ve discussed in previous pages, there’s very little to suggest that a good strike rate in Turkey will mean he’ll be successful here.

With Wright we’re betting on his attributes and his ability to develop. I trust Robins and our scouts to do that because they’ve got a good track record with that. I don’t necessarily trust their decisions about spending loads of money on foreign signings though, because we’ve literally never done that this century. £7 million is a lot of money, it doesn’t come around for us very often, and while no-one wants to be the nerd who warns the lottery winner to invest cautiously rather than on a yacht or something, someone has to do it.

(Still, I promise I am actually kind of stoked about the yacht though!)

The same could be said if we spent that money on just about any player.

Do we trust MR and his recruitment team to make an inform decision? Yes. Most people, including myself, aren’t making informed opinions on this player.

I’ve only seen Wright play at the World Cup and he looked handy. He has a lot of attributes that suit our style of play so I think it’ll be a really good match.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I wanna is see Haji shake hands with Mark Robins,then we can see how tall Haji really is. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread