Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (4 Viewers)

djr8369

Jun 9, 2018
Still waiting for this to be agent talk and we actually end up with some unknown from the French 2nd division who costs a couple of hundred grand.

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

PVA

Apr 22, 2011
The sample size is as big as any other league, surely?

I’m just looking for an indication that a good goalscoring record in Turkey can translate to a good goalscoring record here.

It really is a tiny sample size.

There's about 5 or 6, and two of them are Nicolas Anelka and Kevin Campbell! So you have to go way back.

Deity

Jul 22, 2016
Just spoke to a Turkish mad football fan.

he says the big 2 Turkish clubs wanted Wright but couldn’t compete on the transfer fee.

quick, direct, composed in front of goal. … getting better each season .

To score aS many goals as Wright has in a bang average Turkish team is seen as very impressive within Turkey.

covcity4life

Apr 16, 2010

he says the big 2 Turkish clubs wanted Wright but couldn’t compete on the transfer fee.

To score aS many goals as Wright has in a bang average Turkish team is seen as very impressive within Turkey.
Hopefully it's announced today. Can't wait for season to begin!

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
Estupinan (scorer of 'the worst hattrick ever') had a slightly better scoring rate at Hull than he did at Denizlispor the season before.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SBT

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
Ozan Tufan also for Hull and also last season also scored at a better rate in The Championship than in the Turkish league.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: covcity4life

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
It really is a tiny sample size.

There's about 5 or 6, and two of them are Nicolas Anelka and Kevin Campbell! So you have to go way back.
I know the sample size of players who’ve actually made the move is small, I just meant the size of the Turkish league itself is no different to other leagues!

Anelka and Campbell already had well-established records in England of course. The fact that there doesn’t appear to be many (if any) good examples of success in Turkey implying success in England means there is a big question mark over this deal for me. Especially considering his struggles in other leagues where there’s historically been a more established connection (Germany and the Netherlands).

Again - he’s relatively young, he’s got good physical attributes, he’s highly rated, I trust our scouting team. No reason why he can’t be great (and for £7 million, he better be). Great just to be talking about him. But for a club record signing, and given the state of our squad, I’m surprised we’re spending this much on a relatively unknown quantity.

Reactions: shmmeee

Ian1779

Dec 6, 2012
If we don’t sign him and get someone else instead then it gives Cov Twitter admin the excuse to use this banger….

Reactions: Nick and SBT

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
I know the sample size of players who’ve actually made the move is small, I just meant the size of the Turkish league itself is no different to other leagues!

Anelka and Campbell already had well-established records in England of course. The fact that there doesn’t appear to be many (if any) good examples of success in Turkey implying success in England means there is a big question mark over this deal for me. Especially considering his struggles in other leagues where there’s historically been a more established connection (Germany and the Netherlands).

Again - he’s relatively young, he’s got good physical attributes, he’s highly rated, I trust our scouting team. No reason why he can’t be great (and for £7 million, he better be). Great just to be talking about him. But for a club record signing, and given the state of our squad, I’m surprised we’re spending this much on a relatively unknown quantity.

I suppose although its not a great comparison his transfer fee is similar to his US strike partner in the World Cup - Timothy Wear

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011

This is it. I saw yesterday on some USMST blog that he’s scoring goals in a relatively poor team, so what can he do with talent around him?

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

covcity4life

Apr 16, 2010
It’s the plus one that raises eyebrows. Five year deals are pretty much unheard of for us.
That will be optional

Agree we not used to it but maybe we need to start getting used to stuff rather than fearing it

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
Absolutely stonking contract length as well.
That’s the idea when you sign players on large fees…

You’re judging a player on YouTube clips and FIFA ratings. Is there any data driving your opinion or are you complaining for the sake of it?

Where’s your optimism man?! 6 months ago I could not fathom the thought of paying €9m for a player! The signing may not work out - as is the case with any signing - surely you’ve got to judge once you’ve seen the player in person?

Reactions: covcity4life

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
Well, I've got a song for him.

Scores with his left
And we're having a good time
Scores with his right
And we know that we feel fine
Slams it in the net
Ha..Ha...Haji Amir Wright!

David O'Day

Feb 28, 2015
That’s the idea when you sign players on large fees…

You’re judging a player on YouTube clips and FIFA ratings. Is there any data driving your opinion or are you complaining for the sake of it?

Where’s your optimism man?! 6 months ago I could not fathom the thought of paying €9m for a player! The signing may not work out - as is the case with any signing - surely you’ve got to judge once you’ve seen the player in person?
complaining for the sake of it

Reactions: Mucca Mad Boys

Users who are viewing this thread