Gyokores (2 Viewers)

Terry_dactyl

Doing my head in at the minute.

If he's not contributing goals he needs to bring his team mates into play.

An incident yesterday where he had the ball out on the right. NC made an overlap, ignored him. Dabo inside, easy 5 yard pass and move, ignored him. Decided to run directly into the Norwich player who said thank you very much for getting me out of the 3 v 1.

I get that he is literally our only out ball and his hold up play is generally good but what he does after that is currently questionable.
I saw that…he seemed to look up, see NC - who was unmarked and would’ve been in on goal - opted instead to bring it down and dribble into everyone.
Frustrating but he’s still our best player by a mile.

Balli001

I saw that…he seemed to look up, see NC - who was unmarked and would’ve been in on goal - opted instead to bring it down and dribble into everyone.
But that cant be a reason to be exempt from criticism. No point him being our best player if he never passes to his team mates in better positions then dribbles in to 4 players and loses it or falls over.

Terry_dactyl

But that cant be a reason to be exempt from criticism. No point him being our best player if he never passes to his team mates in better positions then dribbles in to 4 players and loses it or falls over.
That’s right. Which is why we’ve just been criticising him.

fernandopartridge

He is now at the point where he just refuses to pass to anyone. Either he wants to do it all alone or he isnt that interested anymore. There is no chance he signs a new contract so in the summer we need to sell and rebuild without him
I don't think that's true, he laid a decent ball across in the first half v Norwich after getting to the byline. I'd say he's actually been less greedy of late than he was previously.

Balli001

I don't think that's true, he laid a decent ball across in the first half v Norwich after getting to the byline. I'd say he's actually been less greedy of late than he was previously.
Totally disagree. He had several times yesterday where he had 1 or 2 players in space and he held on to the ball then proceeded to lose it and moan.

edgy

Don't get me wrong, we'd be completely funked without him.

I see Robins berating players yesterday for various things. Vik needs a rocket in those situations. Unless that's what he been told to do.

stupot07

NC did exactly the same thing to Vik too in the first half

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

edgy

I’m sure I counted three occasions yesterday when he passed to a team mate rather than shooting himself. Confirmation bias all round I suppose.

I need to watch the highlights then. I can't remember a shooting opportunity for Vik where he's opted to pass instead in the last 3 months. 😆

theferret

I’m sure I counted three occasions yesterday when he passed to a team mate rather than shooting himself. Confirmation bias all round I suppose.

Absolutely this, there have been a number of times recently when he has made a pass when he'd have been far better having a go himself.

Countless times also he'll run into the channel, win a ball he has no right to win, is surrounded by 3 players, and then berated by the cross-eyed fuckers because he didn't pick out a team mate who's still 50 yards behind him.

lordy_87

Also a lot of the time especially in the second half yesterday he has absolutely zero help around him, you could tell he was just fed up in the end. No one else arsed about getting close to him or giving him a run. Maybe we should take a look at the rest of the team before slagging off arguably our best player in 20 years.

Torquay Sky Blue

Vic-Prem
Hamer-top six
Sheaf -top six
O'Hare -top six
McFadz- top half
Dabo-bottom half
Bidwell-bottom half
Rose -bottom half (on a good day)

All the rest league one and two

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Also a lot of the time especially in the second half yesterday he has absolutely zero help around him, you could tell he was just fed up in the end. No one else arsed about getting close to him or giving him a run. Maybe we should take a look at the rest of the team before slagging off arguably our best player in 20 years.

I think his goal record gives him a lot of authority, but he's not exempt from criticism either.

He is our best player, and more or less our only goal threat, but he has changed his style of play since he's been here. When we first had him he would never let the ball die and would fight for the scraps everywhere, I think he's a lot more selfish now and does lose the ball a lot because of it.

Sometimes it's the right move, I definitely agree he has little to no support, but I do think he does make the incorrect decision often and it's fair game to call that out. I think we would be in real trouble for goals if we let him go, but there's still elements of his game he could do with improving. Ironically that also includes finishing.

He's definitely one of the best players I have seen for us in a very long time, but I would like to see him have a bit of help up top. I think we would get even more out of him that way.

Kieranp96

I think his goal record gives him a lot of authority, but he's not exempt from criticism either.

He is our best player, and more or less our only goal threat, but he has changed his style of play since he's been here. When we first had him he would never let the ball die and would fight for the scraps everywhere, I think he's a lot more selfish now and does lose the ball a lot because of it.

Sometimes it's the right move, I definitely agree he has little to no support, but I do think he does make the incorrect decision often and it's fair game to call that out. I think we would be in real trouble for goals if we let him go, but there's still elements of his game he could do with improving. Ironically that also includes finishing.

He's definitely one of the best players I have seen for us in a very long time, but I would like to see him have a bit of help up top. I think we would get even more out of him that way.
I think they said in sky yesterday we would be bottom without his goals and not just for the quantity but because he scores in a lot of 1 goal difference wins

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think they said in sky yesterday we would be bottom without his goals and not just for the quantity but because he scores in a lot of 1 goal difference wins

He has about 50% of our goals, genuinely.

Our defence is falling apart, but our ability to score goals across the pitch is a massive concern for me. Keep banging on about it.

Kieranp96

He has about 50% of our goals, genuinely.

Our defence is falling apart, but our ability to score goals across the pitch is a massive concern for me. Keep banging on about it.
Season went tits up when fadz got injured and the ohare reinjured, unfortunately unless we bring in a energetic attacker and a experienced Center back I can’t see us finishing above mid table

Brighton Sky Blue

Season went tits up when fadz got injured and the ohare reinjured, unfortunately unless we bring in a energetic attacker and a experienced Center back I can’t see us finishing above mid table
I'd take 21st with how weak this squad is.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We wouldn’t necessarily but normally a team goes league 1 then 2, then climb back slowly
I dunno the drop to League two is rare for teams like us, there’s more chance of coming straight back up or at least competing at the top end regularly. Wigan have done it a few times, as have Barnsley, Bristol City, Millwall and Rotherham. Then look at the likes of Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Wycombe and Sunderland - they were there abouts all the time and just needed a competent manager

you could even argue Bolton when they were bust - the first time around they came straight back up and Charlton who did go straight back up if I recall a few years back

arguably we should have come back up first time of asking if it wasn’t for Robins doing a runner and us having a 10 point deduction - this is including the first 10 games of the season when we didn’t win a game

its only us, Bolton and Portsmouth that have dropped that low and that was because of catastrophic financial issues

fernandopartridge

I dunno the drop to League two is rare for teams like us, there’s more chance of coming straight back up or at least competing at the top end regularly. Wigan have done it a few times, as have Barnsley, Bristol City, Millwall and Rotherham. Then look at the likes of Ipswich, Sheff Weds, Wycombe and Sunderland - they were there abouts all the time and just needed a competent manager

you could even argue Bolton when they were bust - the first time around they came straight back up and Charlton who did go straight back up if I recall a few years back

arguably we should have come back up first time of asking if it wasn’t for Robins doing a runner and us having a 10 point deduction - this is including the first 10 games of the season when we didn’t win a game

its only us, Bolton and Portsmouth that have dropped that low and that was because of catastrophic financial issues
Bradford as well

Tomh111

He actually only scores roughly the amount of goals that you would expect him to have, given his xG….

He’s a great player, with great attributes and I don’t want him to go.

But. If he did, we could find a replacement for him IMO.

Our tactics are set up to get a centre forward goals, rather than other teams where you’d expect wide forwards or attacking midfielders to score at a similar rate.

If we got an offer of £15million+ in the summer I would take it and strengthen in 3/4 positions.

Users who are viewing this thread