Gyokores (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

His finishing isn't great tbh. It is however better than it was last season. What I wouldn't be doing is buying Gyokeres as a goalscorer, but more for his other qualities and the fact he'll chip in with the occasional goal too. I do worry that this spell is the anomoly in his goalscoring, although tbf he's carried it on from last season so I guess at some stage I have to accept he can miss plenty of chances as long as he keeps making them for himself.

It's back to that Doug King thing of do the right thing over and over and eventually it'll succeed - is why I'd rather have players miss chances than players who are never there in the first place to have the chance at all.

He’s always scored at a good rate his entire career. This isn’t an anomaly.

Hertsccfc

I agree with your last line there, but I am really paranoid about the lack of goals from the overall team in general. I know this is probably a bit of a silly reference, but if I am putting on an accumulator of two teams that have similar standings or form, I always look at their capability to score goals through the goals scored column. It often serves me well in the end.

I guess the point in general is that we need more goals in the team anyway, but I would be worried if we lost Gyokeres. That also being said, I still think he could do better, and I feel he has changed his style of play since he first joined a bit. He's a lot more selfish now, which is sometimes a good thing, sometimes frustrating.
I agree and it doesn't help that our wing backs rarely score. McFadzean's absence doesn't help either as he is the most likely of our defenders to score.

Speedie's Head

With two exciting young wingbacks let's hope he's been doing that heading practice! That's one area of his game (pens aside) that he can really improve upon.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Godden will score some, but as many as Gyokeres? I don't think so. Walker won't score as many as you think either.

We have such a goal shy midfield, we have almost no room for error for a loan striker to stop scoring.

I will die on this hill.
monty python GIF

shmmeee

Levels are important

He can only play at the level he’s at. If anything the season on loan was an anomaly.
Godden will score some, but as many as Gyokeres? I don't think so. Walker won't score as many as you think either.

We have such a goal shy midfield, we have almost no room for error for a loan striker to stop scoring.

I will die on this hill.

No not as many but not so few we get relegated.

steve cooper

Interestingly, Godden and Vik have a very similar scoring rate for us in the Championship.
Godden has scored 21 goals in 59 games, just slightly better than 1 in 3
Vik has scored 32 in 90 games, just slightly better than 1 in 3

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

We could surely get a bidding war going in the summer regardless.

Yeah but how long will that take and you’re quickly into losing him for free if it doesn’t work. You’d get more in Jan when people are desperate and he has linger on his contract and have cash in the bank and a few months to line up proper targets.

Evo1883

Interestingly, Godden and Vik have a very similar scoring rate for us in the Championship.
I love godden , however viks all round game as come on so much in the last 12 months it's impossible to compare them anymore..

Godden a better finisher , but vik a better player

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah but how long will that take and you’re quickly into losing him for free if it doesn’t work. You’d get more in Jan when people are desperate and he has linger on his contract and have cash in the bank and a few months to line up proper targets.

If we were nearer to 50 points and had more than a skeleton crew available I’d agree with you. But it’s paper thin, the defence has gone to pot and our goal tally is poor even with Gyo. King is also hinting at more of what’s come before with no or little external financial support.

Gyo reaches 20 goals this season he will have solid interest from more than one place.

Hertsccfc

I am pretty sure in terms of minutes Godden's scoring rate is much better. More of his appearances are from the bench.

As Evo says Godden is the better finisher but Gyokeres is the better player.

shmmeee

If we were nearer to 50 points and had more than a skeleton crew available I’d agree with you. But it’s paper thin, the defence has gone to pot and our goal tally is poor even with Gyo. King is also hinting at more of what’s come before with no or little external financial support.

Gyo reaches 20 goals this season he will have solid interest from more than one place.

Godden and Walker are back at the end of the month, Fadz the month after, two new wingbacks and two or three more to come in. Well be fine. People always get like this when we have a bad run. Even with the garbage we came up with we were never close to relegation.

Cov kid 55

It’s difficult, I was pleased that we signed Vik after his loan spell, and that has proven to be an excellent decision. I’m not sure, however, how much more improvement there is to come from Vik at 24 years of age. I don’t know that he will continue to be prolific, and he can be greedy and not look up as much as he should. This could be because without O’Hare, he‘s not getting the support he needs. This may, therefore, be the time to cash in, if we can get a good fee, and reinvest. Would be a risk for this season, but may be for the best in the long run.

Brighton Sky Blue

Godden and Walker are back at the end of the month, Fadz the month after, two new wingbacks and two or three more to come in. Well be fine. People always get like this when we have a bad run. Even with the garbage we came up with we were never close to relegation.

It isn’t the form, it’s the state of the squad. Take Gyo out of it and you’re assuming Walker and Godden will find some form and stay fit. Likewise who knows how McF will come back and until he does the 4 at the back we went with last week might not be so silly.

shmmeee

It isn’t the form, it’s the state of the squad. Take Gyo out of it and you’re assuming Walker and Godden will find some form and stay fit. Likewise who knows how McF will come back and until he does the 4 at the back we went with last week might not be so silly.

We didn’t have Vik first season up and we were fine. We’re nothing like a relegation team. We just ran Burnley close away with a team held together with sticky tape.

Hertsccfc

It’s difficult, I was pleased that we signed Vik after his loan spell, and that has proven to be an excellent decision. I’m not sure, however, how much more improvement there is to come from Vik at 24 years of age. I don’t know that he will continue to be prolific, and he can be greedy and not look up as much as he should. This could be because without O’Hare, he‘s not getting the support he needs. This may, therefore, be the time to cash in, if we can get a good fee, and reinvest. Would be a risk for this season, but may be for the best in the long run.
I think there are clear areas where Gyokeres can improve. First there is the heading which I think he us making progress on. Also learning when to lay the ball off for others. I think he'll get there on this, and actually I don't think he can make it in the Premier league until he has this.

PVA

We survived with Biamou leading the line for a big chunk of the season, so I'd be very confident in surviving with Godden/Walker/New signing if Vik was to leave.

Plus we have a 9 point head start.

Obviously we want more than just aiming for survival. But I don't think we'd go down

SkyBlueScottie

Take Viks goals and play out of this side and we are sadly lacking at the moment. He us pivotal as to how we play currently. Take him out and we are fighting relegation. Another thing to consider, he is currently 1 of 2 forwards who are scale for selection. If people think otherwise, it might be worth casting your mind back a few weeks and remembering how we were playing against Wrexham before he came on.

sotvtoday

West Ham just paid 15m for Ings.
They might have been better off with Vik.
Then again they might not.
Who knows.

edgy

Doing my head in at the minute.

If he's not contributing goals he needs to bring his team mates into play.

An incident yesterday where he had the ball out on the right. NC made an overlap, ignored him. Dabo inside, easy 5 yard pass and move, ignored him. Decided to run directly into the Norwich player who said thank you very much for getting me out of the 3 v 1.

I get that he is literally our only out ball and his hold up play is generally good but what he does after that is currently questionable.

Balli001

He is now at the point where he just refuses to pass to anyone. Either he wants to do it all alone or he isnt that interested anymore. There is no chance he signs a new contract so in the summer we need to sell and rebuild without him

Balli001

I think there are some players he doesn't trust.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Well either he starts doing so or he is a hindrance to the team. No point him getting the ball to then hold on to it and lose it because he feels he is better than his team mates.

Users who are viewing this thread