Goodbye CCFC (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

[video=youtube;d32dZZkuqbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32dZZkuqbE[/video]

Brighton Sky Blue

Would have been even better if you'd interspersed a few famous clips from the club's history in with the pictures.

sky_blue_up_north

Brilliant vid, should sent it to the FL...

bigfatronssba

Would have been even better if you'd interspersed a few famous clips from the club's history in with the pictures.

Did try but that would require skill which I do not have!

ccfcway

i'm not buying it.

Any CCFC history video isnt complete without Craig Pead or Barry Quinn featured

skybluenewman

Extremely sad to see this video. Really shows how amazing Highfield rd was as a stadium, you can see from any one of those picture that the potential for expansion was easily possible. The atmosphere was electric and the fans were passionate, i used to enjoy the west terrace where we put fear into the oppositions faces. Last season we had singers corner will 300 or so fans who actually made any noise at all. Shows how much the passion of our club has disappeared over the last 12 seasons. I think it is truly criminal what has happened i really do. I still firmly believe football has got severe corruption. How can the FL accept this?? I hate to say this but I'm sure we will be in league 2 after this season. We are truly ruined!! I just hope we get some kind of gift from above and our club is saved. I wish we could all unite and get rid of these idiots, my blood is boiling sitting here. I just wish someone had an answer!!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

love highfield road - hate the ricoh morgue

That's just silly. Highfield Road was great. The Ricoh is a decent successor. However, it needs a team and management that can make it reach its potential. I don't see or hear the fans of Stoke, Southampton et al sharing your view

Spionkop

What music is that?
Brilliant footage. Wolves, I was hanging from a bit of metal at the West End. Happy days.

bigfatronssba

What music is that?
Brilliant footage. Wolves, I was hanging from a bit of metal at the West End. Happy days.

Its called Goodbye by a band called plankeye.

ajsccfc

I remember catching the FA Cup bus parade in the nick of time, belting it down to the bottom of Swan Lane and clambering up a wall for a view (I have the lifetime climbing skills of a turtle)

James Smith

Extremely sad to see this video. Really shows how amazing Highfield rd was as a stadium, you can see from any one of those picture that the potential for expansion was easily possible. The atmosphere was electric and the fans were passionate, i used to enjoy the west terrace where we put fear into the oppositions faces. Last season we had singers corner will 300 or so fans who actually made any noise at all. Shows how much the passion of our club has disappeared over the last 12 seasons. I think it is truly criminal what has happened i really do. I still firmly believe football has got severe corruption. How can the FL accept this?? I hate to say this but I'm sure we will be in league 2 after this season. We are truly ruined!! I just hope we get some kind of gift from above and our club is saved. I wish we could all unite and get rid of these idiots, my blood is boiling sitting here. I just wish someone had an answer!!
Sadly after Ron Reeves died before the Arsenal game it became apparent to me that we needed to either expand or move. There was precious little space at the King Richard Street Car Park and we backed on to houses there so expansion wouldn't have been easy. Can't wait until we have owners who can own the Ricoh and we benefit from the additional income.

withnail

Great video, nicely put together. Great memories.
But it's too early .
Lets tool up (metaphorically) and give them a goods square fight to the death (metaphorically).
Churchill didn't break for a second at the start of the Battle of Britain when it looked like we were about to take a beating.
Let's smoke 'em out.
Not one penny more from me.
They're bluffing. They are going to crumble, let's bring it on and enjoy it.
PUSB

shropshirecov

Sadly after Ron Reeves died before the Arsenal game it became apparent to me that we needed to either expand or move. There was precious little space at the King Richard Street Car Park and we backed on to houses there so expansion wouldn't have been easy. Can't wait until we have owners who can own the Ricoh and we benefit from the additional income.

Compass brought the catering and the stadiums not for sale...apart from that its a great idea.

Brilliant memories of HR

James Smith

Compass brought the catering and the stadiums not for sale...apart from that its a great idea.

Brilliant memories of HR
I meant the long lease that ACL have, or a longer one if possible.

After bursting with pride watching the Lions destroy the Aussies I'm now an emotional wreck so proud of our club how can it be taken away from us from our great City? Thanks for that vid the fight must go on!

Darth Robins

That's just silly. Highfield Road was great. The Ricoh is a decent successor. However, it needs a team and management that can make it reach its potential. I don't see or hear the fans of Stoke, Southampton et al sharing your view

The Ricoh has incredible potential for atmosphere, it just needs to be more than a third full. I remember that first season there when it was a sort of fortress, specifically I remember Reading getting a pen in front of the (full) CET and the noise was absolutely unbelievable. Get a decent sized crowd in there and give them something to shout about and people would soon stop thinking of it as a morgue.

CCFCSteve

The Ricoh has incredible potential for atmosphere, it just needs to be more than a third full. I remember that first season there when it was a sort of fortress, specifically I remember Reading getting a pen in front of the (full) CET and the noise was absolutely unbelievable. Get a decent sized crowd in there and give them something to shout about and people would soon stop thinking of it as a morgue.

Exactly. Unfortunately barring a couple of periods we've been on the slide since before we moved in. The fan base is there, just worn down by having to watch poor teams and all the off the field shit. A packed Ricoh is a great stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread