Goal or no goal

• Goal

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • No goal

Votes: 33 23.9%

• Total voters

pusbccfc

David O'Day

you think it's more likely to have been a goal before it hit the player who knocked the ball back towards the penalty sport or something?

Just take a loss and move on.
yes because it hit their player who was over the line and then rolled backwards

Liquid Gold

there is plenty to criticise this ref on that I will back to the hilt.

Tavares' pen was about as clear as any I've ever seen. Focus on that not something which isn't a mistake.

David O'Day

There’s literally a still of it from a camera directly in line with the post. That isn’t Hawkeye or ‘technology’ that’s literally the best angle in the ground.
a still of it after it hits their player and roles ba

Johhny Blue

Those stills don’t prove that it was in. Live I was sure the ref was going to give it. When it wasn’t given I begrudgingly accepted that it hadn’t crossed the line.
Ignoring the ball and seeing how far the defender is from the line seems that the ball should be over when it hits him.
I wonder if the watch was checked post game or if we’ll ever know.
Bottom line. We lost and it’s lucky it wouldn’t have been an equalizer or winner.
I decided I’m not sure enough either way to vote but gut feeling is it didn’t cross the line.

Liquid Gold

Instead of the quite simple solution that the technology works and you've misinterpreted a grainy twitter video you're going to say that the EFL has purposefully doctored an image to save face on an unimportant Cov v Hull game when the goal wouldn't have changed the result?

rexo87

There's only once where the technology hasn't worked. It worked today unfortunately for us and it wasn't over the line by millimeteres. Stop letting us nearly scoring a goal off their player's backside deflect away from our poor performance.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Instead of the quite simple solution that the technology works and you've misinterpreted a grainy twitter video you're going to say that the EFL has purposefully doctored an image to save face on an unimportant Cov v Hull game when the goal wouldn't have changed the result?
the "still" is after it hits their player

are you people thick?

Liquid Gold

There's only once where the technology hasn't worked. It worked today unfortunately for us and it wasn't over the line by millimeteres. Stop letting us nearly scoring a goal off their player's backside deflect away from our poor performance.

And that one time they held their hands up and admitted it. Why would they lie for this?

This is properly bizarre now.

Adge

Nobody can say it’s a “definite goal”. The angle of the picture isn’t the best and really it needs to be from the side or from the top looking down (from the cross bar). I’ll be interested to see the results of “Hawk eye” in the next day or so that seems to be doing the rounds.

rexo87

it's been pointed out why you are wrong still if you want to be a lego eater
Where has it been pointed out that I'm wrong? The technology gives a scientific yes or no answer to a goal. The answer is no as the whole ball has not crossed the line. Its very simple

rexo87

Nobody can say it’s a “definite goal”. The angle of the picture isn’t the best and really it needs to be from the side or from the top looking down (from the cross bar). I’ll be interested to see the results of “Hawk eye” in the next day or so that seems to be doing the rounds.
The results of hawkeye are above on this thread from the side

Users who are viewing this thread