Gary Hoffman (1 Viewer)

It might have something to do with the fact that I wasn't talking to you unless you're multi-accounting with Dorothy's? The point was that we already have a thread about Mr Shakey hands. This thread is clearly a response to that thread created, so I would have assumed that the best place to put it would have been on the same thread. Apologies for being constructive.

Sorry, I read both threads and commented; thought what you said was applicable to what I had put and tried to qualify it. It is probably my lack of forum etiquette, as you were.

dongonzalos

SISU, must have really really not wanted the takeover to happen. That is if they knew it depended on cov staying up.

Disorganised1

Allegedly, there are 2 prices agreed for the close season, and it depends which league we are in.

And I don't know Gary Hoffman, though I once shook hands with Joe Elliott, and I think my goldfish once swam past Otis's, but he's forgotten about it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I dont have much faith in it happening, or any real reason to trust in any of the process nor that it wont be more of the same that has got us to here over the last 10 years if it does. But at least GH is trying to do something, there does not seem to be anyone else. Cut him slack, if there is anything to tell I am sure he will be more than happy to tell. No matter how much badgering for info fans do he is only agent for his investors and it is they who call the tune - he simply cant tell you. The fans need to focus on the team - GH is a fan first and foremost - nothing will happen on the ownership/finances until the summer...... if at all

CCFC123

I applaud Hoffman for what he has been trying to do. Least he does care however, i dont buy into the theory that investors will only buy the club if we are in the championship. If they understood what potential the club has given the right support a season in the 3rd division isn't a strong enough reason not to invest.

I just get the impression there still not convinced or not fully committed to this deal.

Otis

All I can reiterate is that on the likes of that Channel 4 documentary the investors there were talking about their desire in wishing to takeover a Championship club and they had 6 clubs in mind. It was specifically a Championship club they wanted.

If it doesn't matter what league you are in why did they stipulate looking at Championship clubs? They want a return on their investment. Less likely to happen in League 1 and would take much longer to see that return too.

kingharvest

Considering we've been in the relegation zone since October (albeit with a brief respite) and have looked nailed on relegation certainties - i'd be quite surprised if the completion of the takeover absolutely depended on which division we're in. Why even go this far along with it if they weren't interested inspite of which league we're in.

Otis

Maybe they believed and hoped they would have been in by now and would have strengthened the squad. With what little we have now we still are only 4 points adrift.

A couple opf decent signings would probably have made all the difference.

dongonzalos

Looking at Norwich and Southampton, there is a possibility you could make your investment go a bit of a longer way. Hopefully they are just waiting to the end of the season before they negotiate a price. i.e. SISU recoup less if we go down. Some small silver lining out of the horrible situation they created them losing a bit more money

BackRoomRummermill

Looking at Norwich and Southampton, there is a possibility you could make your investment go a bit of a longer way. Hopefully they are just waiting to the end of the season before they negotiate a price. i.e. SISU recoup less if we go down. Some small silver lining out of the horrible situation they created them losing a bit more money

Also Southampton were got on the cheap when in L1............ now look where they are going.

canleykid

We could be relegated next Tuesday then we will know what interest there is cos sisu will lose money if we go down so they will hope they can off load it,however if the deal doesn't happen were left with sisu and that's a real big worry for the future.

skybluedan

its just all a load of fanny batter,there is gonna be no takeover im sure hoffman also divulges with the fans every week as well about what is happening ermmmmm no he does not, would love it to happen but ive got more chance of growing a big black dick

Otis

its just all a load of fanny batter,there is gonna be no takeover im sure hoffman also divulges with the fans every week as well about what is happening ermmmmm no he does not, would love it to happen but ive got more chance of growing a big black dick

Those Bio-bio grow bags are pretty good actually.

Or so my friend tells me.

Macca

You can tell that we all know we are down in our hearts hence all this excellent fuckin about threads :)

Why's that then, I wonder. I thought Mr Coventry would do all he could regardless of what league we were in.

A freeloader who has been the one constant through the 'financial rape' of our club in the last 15 years.

He just backs the side which will raise his profile within the club.

I had a go at the twat at the Legends Day after he went on stage and said 'the real fans are in here and I thank you.'. I collared him later and pointed out to him that the real fans were sat in the stands and the ones who pay from their own pocket to travel up and down the country following the team.

If you thought you could bear to walk through the pain of cringe worthiness, then hit the link. Especially the video at the bottom. Jojar test drives a car he can't afford. Jojar goes to see a house he can't afford. And we were the football club he couldn't afford......

http://www.athlonegroup.com/management/49.html

:eek:

It's bullshitting pricks like this who caused the financial mess we are paying for now.

A complete and utter wanker. Where is he now??

He said that he meant all of the fans including the ones in the room and in the stand.....but that isn't what he said....I saw him two days earlier outside the club in his pin-stripe suit and briefcase, fuck knows what he does up there as he's suspended from club duties, isn't he?

dongonzalos

Yes the fact that the people who are destroying our club suspended him and seem to want to make an enemy of him. The fact that that orange egotistical twat saw him as a threat warms me to Hoffman, even though I know nothing about him. The only thing I have heard is that he is supposedly well respected in the financial district. Which from just been a normal cov kid not born with a plum up your arse that is quite a good achievement.

canleykid

He said that he meant all of the fans including the ones in the room and in the stand.....but that isn't what he said....I saw him two days earlier outside the club in his pin-stripe suit and briefcase, feck knows what he does up there as he's suspended from club duties, isn't he?
BOOTBOY hope your well,he's president of the legends so he probably does that work there,I think he sort of quit/got asked to leave his roll for backing Gary Hoffman when the divide started to happen then sisu officially suspended him and replaced him with John Clarke,I'm not hundred percent on this but the club don't back the legends fully as I heard some former players have had to pay for themselves for the day,all I can say is were in a mess it goes back years and if we go down it'll get worse before it gets better,I felt the players weren't giving there all Mon,u can't blame the conditions as bristol manage to play ok in them.

I'mARealWizard

If you thought you could bear to walk through the pain of cringe worthiness, then hit the link. Especially the video at the bottom. Jojar test drives a car he can't afford. Jojar goes to see a house he can't afford. And we were the football club he couldn't afford......

http://www.athlonegroup.com/management/49.html

:eek:

He drives right through a red light at the start.

I wonder if that was a fine he couldn't afford? :thinking about:

Astute

I know what everyone else knows. Hoffman sait talks had started. SISU said talks had started. Nobody has said talks had finished. Are the negotiations still ongoing?

When the previous bid went in SISU said straight away that talks were not going any further.

We are worth a little more in the Champoinship than league 1. £1 in the championship, 50p in league 1. I would say that things will move on when we know for sure where we will be next season. My opinion, nothing else.

ajsccfc

I had a go at the twat at the Legends Day after he went on stage and said 'the real fans are in here and I thank you.'. I collared him later and pointed out to him that the real fans were sat in the stands and the ones who pay from their own pocket to travel up and down the country following the team.

oksUN.gif

ajsccfc

Is Billy Bell the chap who is MC when they parade the legends at half-time? I liked his gag about selling the 90-year old to Rangers.

skyblusam

Doh what a donut i am started reading this thread only clocking its a year old after the first page.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Grendel

Doh what a donut i am started reading this thread only clocking its a year old after the first page.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It's don trying to see if Hoffmann detractors said nasty things about him. Best he has done on me is a quote from Hoffman in a telegraph article.

Users who are viewing this thread