gally9

Jun 30, 2011
Hoffman

See he was at the front today shaking hands with the fans, he looked like he was loving all the attention.. Funny that

gally9

Jun 30, 2011
Nah.. Heard one bloke ask about the takeover and he said "I'll try" ...

CODY!!!

Apr 9, 2012
i still think he wouldnt say anything until its done, if it was off wouldnt he have said "nah its off, they wont give in" ?

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011

SuperFred

Mar 27, 2010
hes a fat fake attention seeking c**t, bit like that indian joker whatever his name was

Puck

Apr 23, 2008
hes a fat fake attention seeking c**t, bit like that indian joker whatever his name was

I can think of a lot of people you could say that to and walk away from.
You obviously don't know him very well

Last edited:

jas365

Aug 8, 2011
We spoke to Elliott in the pub before the game as he was stood right next to us, he said it would only happen if we stayed in the Championship :facepalm:

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
Why's that then, I wonder. I thought Mr Coventry would do all he could regardless of what league we were in.

We spoke to Elliott in the pub before the game as he was stood right next to us, he said it would only happen if we stayed in the Championship :facepalm:

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
I had this fear too, that the investors were only interested in a Championship club.

It's not about Hoffman or Elliot unfortunately, it is all about the investors.

Chipfat

Mar 24, 2011
Florida, usa
I dont understand this Hoff bashing in a few weeks his contacts might be the only hope we have of making league 1 seem enjoyable... Sisu will not want to invest anything or stump up any running cost that will explode if league 1 football is coming. We lose 5 mill straight away, which no matter who is sold will not make up that short fall...So any potential investor should be not judge but openly welcomed to talk and offer us fans hope of at least 1 winning season.....

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
Not tricky, just what I expected to hear from him.

I'm sure he would, but as he doesn't personally have the money he has to try to persuade other people to invest.

Is that really so tricky to understand?

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Hoffman and Elliot are just the front men. It's not their money and it's not their investment. If the investors want a Championship club they want a Championship club and will probably just look elsewhere.

Nowt that Hoffman or Elliot could do about that.

Godiva

Mar 23, 2011
Hoffman and Elliot are just the front men. It's not their money and it's not their investment. If the investors want a Championship club they want a Championship club and will probably just look elsewhere.

Nowt that Hoffman or Elliot could do about that.

If they are investors, they don't care what division we're in ... they will only care about the potential return on their investment. So it can't really just be about the club, it must involve all the businesses around stadium.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Not so sure.

Heard on many occasions of a potential investor wanting to purchase a Premiership club or a Championship club. You hear about it all the time.

On that Channel 4 documentary the investors on there were constantly talking about being interested in Championship clubs.

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
Unfortunately, because of Hoffman and Elliot being fans we all thought that they were sweep in, buy us out and make us successful. I've thought really since Christmas that this was unlikely to happen. I think we will have to hope someone else decides to invest.

Moff

Apr 2, 2011
Deepest Warwickshire
If you thought you could bear to walk through the pain of cringe worthiness, then hit the link. Especially the video at the bottom. Jojar test drives a car he can't afford. Jojar goes to see a house he can't afford. And we were the football club he couldn't afford......

http://www.athlonegroup.com/management/49.html

:eek:

That is the ultimate in cringe worthiness...I shuddered as I watched.

Still on the plus side, at least he didnt try to charge us to watch it!

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
Who was the lower league team not too long back who were promised a takeover by a really young guy who it turned out had no money whatsoever? They went a step further than our dalliance with JoJo.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mar 20, 2011
Who was the lower league team not too long back who were promised a takeover by a really young guy who it turned out had no money whatsoever? They went a step further than our dalliance with JoJo.

Hmmm.... Southampton I think. They also signed the wrong player once, didn't they? I'll have a Google....

Nov 26, 2010
See he was at the front today shaking hands with the fans, he looked like he was loving all the attention.. Funny that

Not that funny. I was stood with him. He came in late and it was unreserved seating. He was with his Dad, his son and his brother. He was supporting the Club he has always supported. Crucial game. If someone went to shake his hand, he shook it. Stop the press, eh?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Mar 20, 2011
Bristol
Not that funny. I was stood with him. He came in late and it was unreserved seating. He was with his Dad, his son and his brother. He was supporting the Club he has always supported. Crucial game. If someone went to shake his hand, he shook it. Stop the press, eh?

I guess it's the nature of the internet that it attracts those who just want to "have a pop".

If GH shakes hands with people he is "loving all the attention" - if he doesn't, then presumably he's a miserable so and so.

If he's in the Boardroom - he's not a proper fan, if he's on the terraces - he's doing it for effect.

Nov 26, 2010
I guess it's the nature of the internet that it attracts those who just want to "have a pop".

If GH shakes hands with people he is "loving all the attention" - if he doesn't, then presumably he's a miserable so and so.

If he's in the Boardroom - he's not a proper fan, if he's on the terraces - he's doing it for effect.

As a Coventry fan, frustrated with our season and SISU's actions, I can understand pessimism about the legitimacy of "Hoffman's bid". Of course I can. He is a mate of my Dad's and I always press him for info, but the truth of the matter is that there is very little to update. The investors are waiting in the wings to see where we end up next season. That is all I know. I am not optimistic, but that is borne of the fact I am a long suffering Cov fan. I think it is a bit rich to comment that he looked like he was loving the attention... I didn't see any smiles from him, his son or his Dad as we conceded each goal and the Club he supports took another step closer to relegation.

SkyBluesDorothy

Oct 21, 2011
I know Gary Hoffman well (live near his Mum and Dad in Coventry).
Gary goes to nearly every CCFC game home and away; so it was no surprise to see him at the Bristol City game with his Dad (83) and son (10 or 11). He was sitting near the front (as was I), so his dad and son could see the game!
I know he hates attention and publicity but because he is a cov kid and fan for more than 40 years, who goes to almost all the games, he knows loads of sky blues fans and naturally shakes them by the hand and speaks about the game.
He just wants the best for City and is doing all he can whether we are in the Championship or Division One next season. However, it is not easy given everything that has gone on this season.
I am sure Gary Hoffman will not give up however much he gets criticised because he cares about the club, the fans and the community.
If you care too get behind him.

you're an idiot

Jul 24, 2011
If they are investors, they don't care what division we're in ... they will only care about the potential return on their investment. So it can't really just be about the club, it must involve all the businesses around stadium.

If the finances dictate they need a return on their investment i.e. income generated through promotion to the Premiership then the division we are in has considerable bearing. Granted there needs to be a broader consideration and other revenue streams, however, the quick buck is in the tier above.

jan87

Jan 12, 2012
Basingstoke
Gary and Joe were in the pub at Bristol enjoying a drink like every other fan. I used to ask him all the time what was happening with the takeover. I don't anymore as I am sure if nothing was happening he would say so. Leave them alone to "enjoy" the game like the rest of us.
Why do most threads end up with crude comments?

Users who are viewing this thread