Friday transfer thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
Yep. Any good?

Whatever you do, dont think about going for a stroll in the park next door.

£30 it cost to walk round a lake...

I didnt actually go into the monkey bit, I bet your son will like it though.

ClarkeZ

But that is football and happens all the time. Especially as you go down the league's. When you are talking wage cuts and 1 year contracts location can become an issue. Dundee United this summer tried to sign one of the top strikers over several seasons from a Scottish lower league club. At 28 he didn't want to go full time as a player because he was an electrician.

It's not as simple as pick who you want and sign them.

I wasn't trying to infer that is was simple at all. Wasn't bashing on anyone, just curious as to how many targets have slipped the net and where the fault lies, with TM for one reason or another, or if the budget given to him has changed or reduced as I have a feeling it may have done.

oucho

Going to monkey world with my son. It's his first birthday tomorrow.

Save yourself the trip and just take him into Scholar's after 12pm tonight. He's only 1 so won't be able to make sense of anything or understand what he's seeing....much like most of the patrons of Scholar's by that time on a Friday night.

Nick

Administrator
The club do have their own site to counter rogue reportage. They have made some misleading or perhaps more accurately statements that haven't come to fruition. Personally I think people are making too much of it.

Of course they want to get people on their site just as you do. I would suggest you get the benefit of increased traffic on here because of their speculation, so don't complain too loudly about Newspaper speculation.

To be honest, I wouldn't go out of my way to "mislead" (I say as I cant think of a better word) people on here.

SkyBlueCRJ

The question I was pointing towards was whether TM has struggled to convince players to come, or whether the people telling TM what his budget is have limited him more than originally thought. I'm not sisu bashing or anyone bashing here, just wondering how many TM has failed to sign and where that reason has tended to lie.

There's no doubting that he's had trouble recruiting players. This has happened with more than one over the summer and he has not said anything different. He's not going to list every single player that has turned him down, TM rarely reveals his potential targets or the players he's wants to bring in. Himself and MV have pointed to main reason of location and money for why players have moved on to other clubs or decided against signing. There's been no lies or conspiracy theories. If he felt that he could not cope with the designated budget available to him he would leave, simple as that.

He has no ties or loyalties to the club, he can resign if he feels that the owners are making it impossible for him to do his job. The budget is roughly the same as last season I see no reason why it wouldn't be.

With all the money that is being thrown about players are more reluctant to be signing for roughly 2 grand a week which is the standard wage we offer if I'm correct in thinking so. Hence why it is taking so long to recruit. Premier League clubs also want to make sure they have their own squad sorted before they loan out their young players, as their season has not started yet

hill83

There's no doubting that he's had trouble recruiting players. This has happened with more than one over the summer and he has not said anything different. He's not going to list every single player that has turned him down, TM rarely reveals his potential targets or the players he's wants to bring in. Himself and MV have pointed to main reason of location and money for why players have moved on to other clubs or decided against signing. There's been no lies or conspiracy theories. If he felt that he could not cope with the designated budget available to him he would leave, simple as that.

He has no ties or loyalties to the club, he can resign if he feels that the owners are making it impossible for him to do his job. The budget is roughly the same as last season I see no reason why it wouldn't be.

With all the money that is being thrown about players are more reluctant to be signing for roughly 2 grand a week which is the standard wage we offer if I'm correct in thinking so. Hence why it is taking so long to recruit. Premier League clubs also want to make sure they have their own squad sorted before they loan out their young players, as their season has not started yet

Yeah but THE TELEGRAPH SAID

Hobo

To be honest, I wouldn't go out of my way to "mislead" (I say as I cant think of a better word) people on here.

I am not suggesting you do, just pointing out this site benefits from speculation too. Also, don't you think some people allow themselves to be misled? It is common to have posts on here where people rightly are saying to other posters, the article "doesn't say that."

The CET used to be a great provincial newspaper, it is not now. It has gone the same way as most the other local newspapers, down the pan. People should just see it for what it is. and not get so wound up over newspapers trying to sell newspapers.

Nick

Administrator
People really need into things. Hate to keep banging on about it but it's the same with everything.

It isn't the club saying the signings, it was the MASSIVE TRANSFER NEWS WATCH OUR LIVE BLOG ALL DAY TOMMORROW stuff. It builds people up, then they are annoyed at the club then.

Liquid Gold

People really need into things. Hate to keep banging on about it but it's the same with everything.

It isn't the club saying the signings, it was the MASSIVE TRANSFER NEWS WATCH OUR LIVE BLOG ALL DAY TOMMORROW stuff. It builds people up, then they are annoyed at the club then.

BUT SHITSU AV TAKE ARE CLUB AWAY FROM US SO DUN GO NO MORE AN DEY DONT SINE PLYURS SO THEY SHIT AND TAKIN ARE CLUB AWAY #SISUOUT

dongonzalos

Alex finney is now a free agent
Signed by Bolton as a youngster with potential from Leyton
They must have seen something in him.
Hardly played
Centre Back

JulianDarbyFTW

Twycross much better
Monkey World is fabulous. Although when my nipper was a babe-in-arms, a monkey chased my wife across the walkways to try and grab her (so we thought). And a big bastard monkey challenged me to a fight in front of about 20 people, jabbing its finger in my face and shaking a fist at me. A bit like a night out, in some ways. But those things apart, it's a great day out.

Nick

Administrator
Monkey World is fabulous. Although when my nipper was a babe-in-arms, a monkey chased my wife across the walkways to try and grab her (so we thought). And a big bastard monkey challenged me to a fight in front of about 20 people, jabbing its finger in my face and shaking a fist at me. A bit like a night out, in some ways. But those things apart, it's a great day out.

Should have just whacked it one or power slammed it. Probably go to jail, but quite funny.

oldfiver

Have been to both but think Twycross has more variety and it has been improved a lot recent years
Perhaps he can go there next birthday
Enjoy your day

ccfcway

You think a season ticket is worth getting at the moment, and worth the money. That's fine.

Even, you'll acknowledge the team isn't finished yet. £345, even with finance, for me is too much money to justify at this stage. I'm just stating my point of view, as it's an internet forum about Coventry City and the whole point of it right?

I haven't said anything nasty or trivial, so stop being silly.

We will be ready in Sept. Just get it bought and enjoy the games before then, anything we pick up is a bonus, we are already in the next round of the cup

D

Deleted member 2477

It wasnt a statement nick but a simple question. Whats with the defensive attitude. Some on here need to chill out or stop giving it the bigun

Hadji10

Even if we signed anyone today they wouldn't have played tomorrow. We should have enough about us to get 6 points from two teams who, IMO, will be round the bottom four this season.

ccfcway

Even if we signed anyone today they wouldn't have played tomorrow. We should have enough about us to get 6 points from two teams who, IMO, will be round the bottom four this season.

and even if we don't, we will be out of the blocks ready in Sept...

Paxman II

James is correct. TM may well be pulling off some decent signings by being patient regarding loans from higher league clubs who have yet to determine which ones go out on loan. Others are difficult due to wage demands and other factors but MV and TM know what they are doing. It's just the second game tomorrow and we have a long way to go...

letsallsingtogether

James is correct. TM may well be pulling off some decent signings by being patient regarding loans from higher league clubs who have yet to determine which ones go out on loan. Others are difficult due to wage demands and other factors but MV and TM know what they are doing. It's just the second game tomorrow and we have a long way to go...
Same as every other season in the last few years.
The Season will soon end and we will all be saying if only just.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread