Football League statement - Coventry City (1 Viewer)

spider_ricoh

Feb 22, 2014
Obviously SISU will now try to negotiate with the additional lever of legal action still in place, and, if ACL don't allow this, they will blame ACL for the resultant lack of progress ... that said, if I was ACL I would want to do a deal without the threat of legal action coming into the bargain. SISU have got a couple of weeks now to declare that they will go to the Court of Appeal...if they can quietly drop this, a fast route back the negotiating table, and an interim deal, is in sight.

Timmy should ask himself, he someone had seriously wronged him and then sued him, would he want to re-visit that relationship whilst still being under the threat of legal action?? I think not, somehow.

James Smith

Nov 9, 2011
So what? What relevance does that have to the club.

According to PWKH they based rent on the penultimate year of the "rent" at high field road. Wasn't that the case?

I was just pointing out the Sisu view of the rent levels and their view on the reasons for them. They would seem to indicate that despite the assertions to the contrary by Bill Glazier that another owner could negotiate a better rent it sounds like they wouldn't have been able to.

PWKH is probably correct as he was probably at ACL at the time, and doubtless is better informed on this than the rest of us. That doesn't mean that the rent we were paying didn't also cover or that it couldn't have been set lower than, the loan payments to the YB, does it?

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

Dec 28, 2012
Theve been clear and direct for some time
Pay up and stop trying to nick the stadium

We need revenues to survive or are you happy your 20 quid a ticket and various other money goes to a business fuck all to do with the upkeep of our club like it has been for many a year long before SISU were around?

Any business needs an income no matter who they are or what they have done.

Not defending SISU one bit, but its time for compromise between both parties, once the funds have been deposited and legals are dropped.

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
I noticed the club statement said nothing about building a stadium, it said "We can today put this obstacle behind us and get down to the business of negotiating a return to Ricoh Arena until we can own our own stadium"

Last few statements from fisher he mentions owning a stadium and not building.

He still wants to guff away at this stadium ownership nonsense.

Sort out the right rental deal and decent access to revenues and everyone is happy.

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

Dec 28, 2012
last few statements from fisher he mentions owning a stadium and building.

He still wants to guff away at this stadium ownership nonsense.

Sort out the right rental deal and decent access to revenues and everyone is happy.
- exactly

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
That's like saying you should book a wedding venue when you haven't met your intended yet. Again, you point the finger of blame at ACL.

Here's another view, how about SISU pay the full value owed, pending clarification of any sum from the FL; with a view to redress back from ACL should the FL rule on a sum lower than the full value? That could equally have moved the whole debate a few weeks back. But they didn't.

To expect SISU to have done that - which would cost them a value less than vexatious legal claims - would be seen as to stretch expectation, just as is to expect ACL to start negotiations based on a promise - especially with a party who's seemingly reneged on agreements with alarming regularity

No, not really. The money was in the account as specified by the FL. The FL meeting to discuss the money was already booked in.

There is no reason why ACL couldn't and still can't talk to sisu about a return. The dropping of the appeal can be part of those discussions. And not deal signed until it's dropped.

We know sisu are shits, but ACL's view point on this is equally as obstructive.

Your wedding analogy is a poor one btw.

Sisu are desperate, just get round the table and talk, and we should be putting pressure on all sides to get this done.

And let's not forget that ACL have been happy to put forward rental offers with the backdrop of the JR and outstanding payment.

LB87ccfc

Dec 28, 2012
If SISU come out after dropping legals and paying up, and argue we could not agree a deal as we would of had no access to revenues to sustain a healthy playing squad, who do you all blame then?

sky blue john

Mar 17, 2011
If SISU come out after dropping legals and paying up, and argue we could not agree a deal as we would of had no access to revenues to sustain a healthy playing squad, who do you all blame then?

An unrealistic hypothetical scenario !

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011
No, not really. The money was in the account as specified by the FL. The FL meeting to discuss the money was already booked in.

There is no reason why ACL couldn't and still can't talk to sisu about a return. The dropping of the appeal can be part of those discussions. And not deal signed until it's dropped.

Sisu are desperate, just get round the table and talk, and we should be putting pressure on all sides to get this done.

But everybody knows that the JR Appeal is not really a bargaining tool so why not just drop it.

It will be the first point up for discussion if they met.
SISU : We want a cheap rent and all the incomes and if we get them we will drop the JR Appeal.
ACL : We will wait
Meeting adjourned

italiahorse

Nov 23, 2011

Lets see the deal, make our judgements and then pressure the party that is holding this up.

I see several ACL offers that at the time I thought, thank god for that Sisu will snap there hands off, but they didn't.
From SISU I have seen nothing ...... yet

am i the only one, that can see we will be back at the ricoh soon, and that this whole putrid exercise of moving the club away will have been for nothing ?

the club will have saved "X" amount by not paying rent for a while, but lost "X" amount by fuckin off most of us and having ruined any chance of promotion for years

if sisu want the fuckin stadium, why dont they buy the fuckin stadium, support a promotion push (by holding on to top scorers for example)and then surly the value of our club will rise exponentially
giving the hedge fund fucks a decent amount of profit and putting us back where we belong.... in the premier league !!!

James Smith

Nov 9, 2011
If as some people have said that the Appeal against the decision not to allow an appeal is a bargaining chip then all ACL have to do is wait until the appeal period is up. Then the bargaining chip becomes worthless and Sisu have one less thing to barter in any negotiations.

Samo

Jul 6, 2012
Do none of you fuckers work?

hill83

Sep 15, 2008
Coventry
Do none of you fuckers work?

I'm off, I work shifts. But have a guess what is sat directly in front of me when I am at work.
A.............wait for it.

Computer.

tuousis

Jul 8, 2013
I noticed the club statement said nothing about building a stadium, it said "We can today put this obstacle behind us and get down to the business of negotiating a return to Ricoh Arena until we can own our own stadium"
Sorry Archie, you are correct.Lets go for a long deal.

Hobo

May 13, 2013
Coventry
A typically petulant and child like observation from you.
The answer clearly is we will not be playing Cardiff at the Ricoh unless a deal has already been agreed.

No deal has been agreed, no talks have taken place and we won't be playing Cardiff at the Ricoh.

Nothing petulant about it...the saga continues. But there may be an opportunity for both sides to move on now. But I anticipate several weeks of negotiation.

sky blue john

Mar 17, 2011
No deal has been agreed, no talks have taken place and we won't be playing Cardiff at the Ricoh.

Nothing petulant about it...the saga continues. But there may be an opportunity for both sides to move on now. But I anticipate several weeks of negotiation.

Who has said there will be negotiations ?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mar 20, 2011

And let's not forget that ACL have been happy to put forward rental offers with the backdrop of the JR and outstanding payment.

But they're the only two caveats on the table.

- Drop a farcical legal route
- Pay what's - in broad terms - owed (against what they must have paid, and have on account with their legal advisors; any such value is surely a pittance?)

ACL may be pedantic in sticking to this; but history tells us why. SISU are being equally pedantic in not meeting these terms, especially if they want to start being consolatory. Remember back to the JR 'evidence' and the judges comments; it's SISU who need to start building bridges and earning trust - so why not start with the ones that'll clear the decks for negotiations; and are owed anyway/silly in any case?

Why can't they just do what's needed; then allow us - as a collective force united - to apply pressure onto ACL, if they don't come to the table as they've insinuated?

Last edited:

Cheshire Sky Blue

Aug 12, 2013
We need revenues to survive or are you happy your 20 quid a ticket and various other money goes to a business fuck all to do with the upkeep of our club like it has been for many a year long before SISU were around?

Any business needs an income no matter who they are or what they have done.

Not defending SISU one bit, but its time for compromise between both parties, once the funds have been deposited and legals are dropped.

ACL do not get the money from Tickets and the F & B revenue goes to another company. And yes, CCFC will need revenues from other streams like Food & Beer and parking. They sold them for a large sum, and should ask to 'BUY' them back. There is no justification for Compass et al to simply surrender them.

James Smith

Nov 9, 2011
This removes one of the barriers to our return to the Ricoh and I hope that the very second that the JR costs are paid and the legals are dropped or can't be pursued any further both parties are on the phone to each other talking about a deal. If that means Sisu buying the Higgs shares or ACL putting past offers on the table that included the Pie Money then so be it.

But sort it out FFS, we're dying in Northampton.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010
A spokesman for ACL said: “ACL welcomes the decision made yesterday by the Football League. However given that matters are not concluded at this time, we currently have nothing further to add.”

So basically no change in position from ACL, no negotiations until appeal is dropped?

ccfcway

Mar 20, 2011
A spokesman for ACL said: “ACL welcomes the decision made yesterday by the Football League. However given that matters are not concluded at this time, we currently have nothing further to add.”

So basically no change in position from ACL, no negotiations until appeal is dropped?

ie, its not been paid and they can still take us to court

WiganSkyBlue

Jun 16, 2013
Wigan

Hmmm - seems to me that ACL have learned a lot from SISU and are going to play hardball. Hope I'm wrong and that both parties will now get round a table and start negotiating so that I can look forward to travelling down to the RICOH soon, hopefully for the Sheffield match.

RoboCCFC90

Oct 18, 2012
The Judicial Review has nothing to do with negotiations to take the Club back to the Ricoh, stop looking for excuses ACL not to negotiate and get round the table!

LB87ccfc

Dec 28, 2012
Really amazes me how many people are sticking up for ACL here, they too are at fault. Too many bandwagoners, if we was making money at the Ricoh and had access to revenues like other clubs do at their stadiums none of this would of happened in the first place.

Longford

Jun 15, 2013
Really amazes me how many people are sticking up for ACL here, they too are at fault. Too many bandwagoners, if we was making money at the Ricoh and had access to revenues like other clubs do at their stadiums none of this would of happened in the first place.

*sigh*

RoboCCFC90

Oct 18, 2012

"But..."
"Why should...."
"It's the fault of...."
"It's not a necessary figure for the Club..."

It's a sack of rubbish. If we want the Club at the Ricoh long term which everyone agrees on then these revenues must be accessible.

The lost fan

Banned
Dec 12, 2011

WRONG ... SISU to blame for the lot !!

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
Surely people will be calling for these revenues to be accessible to get us back to the Ricoh, or is it only ACL who can have "barriers" that need to be addressed?

No future with SISU

Jul 8, 2013
The rent was too high for a League one club that's for sure. But if SISU had acted in good faith and not set out to fuck over ACL than this shit would never have happened. And it was the total failure of SISU that got the team to L1 in the first place. So I think your assertion that ACL were 'robbing' is frankly bullshit.

Eight months ago a city supporter told me SISU got us sent down to league 1 as ACL would be worth less, I dismissed it as a rubbish idea. A few weeks ago another city supporter said the same thing and then after reading the JR report, they could be right. SISU are sharks and ACL/ Council did the right thing fighting them off.

Sky Blue Dal

Mar 21, 2013

SISU of course... beggars can't be choosers. You do the deal whatever the cost or else sell up and go. Simple really.

They brought the club and did not do there due diligence. ACl can only subsidise the club so much.

If ACL take away this revenue from other sub-contractors and give it to SISU just like that, it will sure open a whole lot of law suits against them. Why would they want that.

If SISU are prepared to pay off these contracts then fair enough but if they can't then maybe a search for new owners is in order who can therefore remove this club which is obviously a weight around Otiums/SISU'S neck.

Users who are viewing this thread