Football League statement - Coventry City (1 Viewer)

hill83

[h=3]Have a thread:

Football League statement - Coventry City[/h]Posted on: 08.08.2014

At its meeting in London yesterday, the Board of The Football League considered the matter of the outstanding Dividend Payments from Coventry City's period in administration.
As part of the membership agreement that saw Coventry City's share in The Football League transferred to the Otium Entertainment Group in August 2013, the Board required the Club to provide a fund of £600,000 for distribution to unsecured creditors, including the Club's landlord at the Ricoh Arena, Arena Coventry Limited (ACL), as outlined in its original CVA proposals. The CVA was ultimately rejected by the Club's creditors.
The Club sought a reduction to the figure it should pay on the following grounds:

1. ACL have already received a payment under a separate guarantee of £300,000 which should reduce the sum it should now pay.
2. A number of additional, unforeseen costs have been incurred during the liquidation of the 'OldCo' company which should be reflected in the sum it should now pay.

The Board considered the matter in detail, including representations made by the two parties and received detailed legal advice.
The Club's claim regarding the payment under guarantee is not upheld.
On the matter of the additional costs of the liquidation, the Board considered the issue in light of what would have happened to the £600,000 sum had the CVA ultimately been accepted. In such circumstances, the sum received by creditors would have been reduced if the costs of the process had eventually proven to be higher than those assumed in the original CVA proposal.
In the Board's view, having analysed the relevant costs, it is reasonable that a reduction is made to the sum owed by the Club under the terms of its membership agreement. The Board determined that the Club should pay ACL the sum of £471,192, with the £81,643 reduction being a proportion of the additional costs incurred. This sum should be paid to ACL by 14 August 2014.
The Football League's Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, said: "This has been a complex and unwelcome disagreement within a wider, more significant dispute. By concluding this matter, we can now allow all parties to concentrate on the more important issue of getting Coventry City playing its matches back in Coventry at the earliest opportunity."

hill83

Also:

[h=3]Club statement on Football League Board findings[/h] Fri 08 Aug 2014

640x480-ccfc-crest144-1090846_478x359.jpg

Club statement following the findings of the board of the Football League considering the matter of the outstanding Dividend Payments from Coventry City’s period in administration.
The Board of the Football League has today released its findings considering the matter of the outstanding Dividend Payments from Coventry City’s period in administration.

In light of today's announcement, Coventry City's Tim Fisher said: "Yesterday, the Board of the Football League made its decision on how much the club should pay to ACL in respect of the dividend payments from Coventry City Football Club’s period in administration.

"We know that ACL saw the payment of this money as a barrier to agreeing terms to get the club back to Coventry. We can today put this obstacle behind us and get down to the business of negotiating a return to Ricoh Arena until we can own our own stadium.

"As we have said all along we want what is best for the long term future success of Coventry City FC. That means our job is to get the club back to Coventry, which is something every single supporter wants to see, whilst ensuring the financial stability of the club.

"A key element is for us to agree terms that are driven by Financial Fair Play, so that Steven Pressley can invest match day revenues in talent on the pitch."​

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...-city-080814-1812843.aspx#oYHezwJbMcOcK1MK.99

Grendel

I would guess it has been paid.

chiefdave

"We know that ACL saw the payment of this money as a barrier to agreeing terms to get the club back to Coventry. We can today put this obstacle behind us and get down to the business of negotiating a return to Ricoh Arena until we can own our own stadium.

Is that the first time recently they've said Coventry and not Coventry area? Wonder if that is just an error or something more deliberate?

Sadly no mention not pursuing further legal action so I wouldn't have thought much chance of things moving forward.

AJB1983

Can't help but feel now though that FFP will be used by fisher and will create another barrier to any deal, by which they can again push blame back on acl.
CCFC sold rights to the f&b before, they simply can't expect to get it back for free.

Bill Glazier

So, Sisu has got a reduction in costs because it suffered 'unseen additional costs' as a result of its own selfish, stupid and now officially discredited plot to distress ACL? Or am I missing something?

fernandopartridge

So, Sisu has got a reduction in costs because it suffered 'unseen additional costs' as a result of its own selfish, stupid and now officially discredited plot to distress ACL? Or am I missing something?
Yes. ACL are getting the equivalent of what they would have got through a CVA. The one they voted against.

hill83

"I wanted them to pay more I'm not happy"

365.gif

Who gives a fuck?

covmark

What's the fascination with ACLs bank balance. Who cares ffs.

BackRoomRummermill

If SISU agree with the findings which the staement eludes to then the money will and problably already sent by CHAPS to ACL account.

It a clean slate to start with now moving forward

Bring on the day long meetings over who gets the pie money , unless they have already done this behind the scenes ????????

skybluepm2

Good news. No bullshit in there just hard solid facts! Your move ACL! Emphasis purely on them now..until the talks start at least. I wonder if Timmy's proposal has been submitted in advance of this announcement being made? It'd certainly speed the process up.

Wouldn't it be amazing to have the news a day before the season starts. It'd be in stark contrast to being hit with a hammer blow of 10 points being deducted as was the case a year ago! Hopefully it would galvanize the players in the same way anyway!

J

Jack Griffin

What about the litigation?

Noggin

This is how I would have determined what acl were owed and is a fair and informed way to determine what they should pay, so well done to the football league for coming to a well thought out position and not a simplistic and uniformed one like asking for £290k which is what I expected from them. Just a shame they couldn't have decided this at their last board meeting which was already after the due date for payment had been missed.

While this removes an obstacle its not the main one, sisu have to drop the JR or acl arn't going to talk. I notice sisus statement immediately there to make it look like any discussion not taking place now is not their fault (when all reasonable people know it still is)

BackRoomRummermill

This is how I would have determined what acl were owed and is a fair and informed way to determine what they should pay, so well done to the football league for coming to a well thought out position and not a simplistic and uniformed one like asking for £290k which is what I expected from them. Just a shame they couldn't have decided this at their last board meeting which was already after the due date for payment had been missed.

While this removes an obstacle its not the main one, sisu have to drop the JR or acl arn't going to talk. I notice sisus statement immediately there to make it look like any discussion not taking place now is not their fault (when all reasonable people know it still is)

Is this based on fact or your opinion ?

Hobo

Bet they don't pay until August 14th. No reason why they shouldn't have it paid today, the money is there ready and waiting and I am sure they want that barrier to negotiation removed.

Fuck ACL been robbing the club blind ffs

The rent was too high for a League one club that's for sure. But if SISU had acted in good faith and not set out to fuck over ACL than this shit would never have happened. And it was the total failure of SISU that got the team to L1 in the first place. So I think your assertion that ACL were 'robbing' is frankly bullshit.

Noggin

Good news. No bullshit in there just hard solid facts! Your move ACL! Emphasis purely on them now..until the talks start at least. I wonder if Timmy's proposal has been submitted in advance of this announcement being made? It'd certainly speed the process up.

Wouldn't it be amazing to have the news a day before the season starts. It'd be in stark contrast to being hit with a hammer blow of 10 points being deducted as was the case a year ago! Hopefully it would galvanize the players in the same way anyway!

not acl;s move, still sisus move to come out and say we are not going any further with the JR, once they have done that then if acl refuse to talk we can pressure them, until that point the sticking issue is still sisu.

it's kinda irrelevant though talks aren't going to get anywhere when sisu want all the revenues and want acl to pay out of any contracts they are in.

BackRoomRummermill

not acl;s move, still sisus move to come out and say we are not going any further with the JR, once they have done that then if acl refuse to talk we can pressure them, until that point the sticking issue is still sisu.

it's kinda irrelevant though talks aren't going to get anywhere when sisu want all the revenues and want acl to pay out of any contracts they are in.[/QUOTE

How do you know this reference ACL internal strategy stance on if they wish to talk with SISU ?

Hobo

SISU have to pay the debt yet. No reason why they can't do that today rather than by 14th. Also are they still pursuing their JR nonsense.

I see no reason why SISU can't make the first approach if they are serious about a Ricoh return. I think you will find they are not!

The really sad thing here is that SISU have had to hand over nearly £750,000 over the last two weeks (Court cost and now this) With what they pissed away last year in revenue, they could have paid for the share in ACL, had the inside track on getting total ownership of the arena, had the total support of the fans and in all likelihood have been playing in a higher league.

Just demonstrates what a complete bunch of fuckwits they are.

chiefdave

How do you know this reference ACL internal strategy stance on if they wish to talk with SISU ?

ACL have publically stated they will not talk until the outstanding amount is paid, now resolved, and SISU stop any further appeals or legal action. There has been no statement from ACL to say their stance has changed and there has been nothing from SISU to say they are dropping further legal action, in fact all their statements on the matter indicate the opposite, so judging on all the publically available evidence there is still little chance of talks taking place.

Of course that doesn't mean either side could have done something that we are not aware of and I'm sure everyone is holding out hope that a deal can be done ASAP but I think it would be a bad idea for people to assume a deal is just round the corner. That's just setting yourself up for another disappointment.

shmmeee

it's kinda irrelevant though talks aren't going to get anywhere when sisu want all the revenues and want acl to pay out of any contracts they are in.

Well, ACL said it in a press release.

ACL said:
The £590,000 debt is non-negotiable and its settlement and the dropping of all litigation involving ACL is a pre-condition of any deal to return the club to the Ricoh Arena.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ricoh-arena-firm-coventry-city-7402539

covboy1987

Not taking sides, but by the club holding out and going through this process they have saved themselves £118,808 now the only thing stopping the return is ACL

chiefdave

Not taking sides, but by the club holding out and going through this process they have saved themselves £118,808 now the only thing stopping the return is ACL

But offset that against lost revenues, legal fees etc. Every change to save £118,808 they've had to spend more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread