Fisher has spoken (5 Viewers)

Covstu

roughly translated 'we have had no offers that meet our valuation, if we do he will be gone'

Bob Latchford

Where's a s-tool when you need one.

Warwickhunt

so what's new.We have always been a selling club.If he brings in £3m if the rumours are to be believed, then that sounds like good business to me.
3 Million will support the running of the club next season quite handsomely

Bob Latchford

Yeah constantly selling your best assets is the way forward.

rondog1973

so what's new.We have always been a selling club.If he brings in £3m if the rumours are to be believed, then that sounds like good business to me.
Yes....a major factor behind why a once proud, well established Premier League club now finds itself struggling in the third tier of English football....

RoboCCFC90

At the end of the day the Club is a business if someone comes along with a high value offer for one of our assets that of course it will be looked at.

That said I wouldn't even consider listening until someone offered £2,500,000.

chiefdave

We've had no offers and no offers 'were' welcomed.

Is it just me or does that entire sentence contradict itself? It's all past tense. Had to be one or the other, surely?

Noticed that, assumed it was just the way it had been written. Would you expect offers to have been made when the transfer window is closed, is that even allowed?

Skyblueweeman

Yes....a major factor behind why a once proud, well established Premier League club now finds itself struggling in the third tier of English football....

The way we conducted ourselves in the transfer market and the amount we gladly paid on wages whilst being an 'Established Premier League Club' is one of the main reasons we're in the third tier of English football....

Ian1779

I'm not sure what answer you would expect if that question was asked.

Would you prefer 'of course we're gonna sell him.... In fact he's already up on EBay!'

SkyBlueSid

I don't see there is any way we will keep Wilson this summer. No doubt he will want to go to a better club (which is just about anywhere) and double/triple his wages. He has had one good season, and if he were to have a less impressive season here his stock would fall. His agent will have convinced him of this, no doubt, and will be trying to place him. Note he has said all the right things about wanting to stay, etc, so that when he goes the fans won't turn on him.

Likewise it is in the club's interest to sell. They can say what they like, but Clarke showed that if someone wants to go, they get their way. There is no point in keeping a want-away player. And, let's face it, why would Wilson want to stay. There is no loyalty in football other than among fans. To players and managers it is just business.

diggerdaley

Do people really believe Sisu would invest any of the money in the transfer market,it will be free transfers and loans till the club gradually sinks into league 2 .:blue:

ccfcway

I don't see there is any way we will keep Wilson this summer. No doubt he will want to go to a better club (which is just about anywhere) and double/triple his wages. He has had one good season, and if he were to have a less impressive season here his stock would fall. His agent will have convinced him of this, no doubt, and will be trying to place him. Note he has said all the right things about wanting to stay, etc, so that when he goes the fans won't turn on him.

Likewise it is in the club's interest to sell. They can say what they like, but Clarke showed that if someone wants to go, they get their way. There is no point in keeping a want-away player. And, let's face it, why would Wilson want to stay. There is no loyalty in football other than among fans. To players and managers it is just business.

agreed, but Wilson is a fan as well as a player. I cant help think that if we were in the Ricoh we would have a better chance of holding on to him.

skybluelee

For SISU, yes. For the club, no, as no doubt we'll replace him with that Thomas lad from the Academy.

lewys33

Did I say £3 million would be bad business? Rumours though my friend .........

wingy

IS Monksy breaking SCG protocol not waiting for the minutes ?:facepalm::sarcasm::thinking about:

Snozz_is_god

I wouldn't ebay him. Ebay fees are a joke!

Slightly off topic here, but you say Ebay fees are a joke.

What other facility do you have to sell items to a worldwide market? Think back to the 90's when ebay wasn't around, how else would you you sell you're unwanted goods and what sort of market coverage do you think you would of got.

Hobo

We should all know these sort of statements coming out of football clubs are worthless. Coming from Fisher it's value is probably even cheaper than most.

Sky Blue Harry H

Football fans don't want to follow a business, they want to follow a team - fine if that 'business' translates into improving/developing the squad, not fine if it's a loanee replacement/far inferior replacement. It's a bit like that old tv programme title - 'ever decreasing circles'

Users who are viewing this thread