Fired up Vik (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Not long ago you were desperate for us to sell him

Not desperate - still you said he's not good enough for the Premier League

Brighton Sky Blue

You could in all seriousness just transfer Waghorn and Hilssner’s wages to him. The much harder question is what we do about O’Hare

skyblu3sk

I don't see why we wouldn't offer him a new contract. May not accept it but worth a shot. I wouldn't go outside what we can realistically afford in case he got injured as others have said. If he gets a decent prem offer in he will go of course.

slowpoke

I don't see why we wouldn't offer him a new contract. May not accept it but worth a shot. I wouldn't go outside what we can realistically afford in case he got injured as others have said. If he gets a decent prem offer in he will go of course.
But as said above combine the Hillsner & DeCosta wages and some of Waghorns and it’s almost cost fee.

slowpoke

I think we will but improving the first team is priority, and some we have here now will form the squad and that could hopefully improve the bench.

Hertsccfc

His contract is up at the end of next season. We can’t sell him until he’s fit but he also probably won’t extend. So what do you do?
He would surely extend his contract. Would be crazy not to. However, I doubt we would offer until we know he has recovered from the injury or well on the way.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So there’s no point whatsoever king buying the club if in fact he has, we just carry on the way we have been.
Even though it's highly unlikely we'll be getting big fees to spend, even if he let us have a majority of transfer fees that would be a big difference. Also if has been stated no interest is being charged then again that makes a big difference in the balance sheet.

Sky Blue Harry H

You find a player like Vik you build a team around him not sell him at the earliest opportunity

This summer wouldn't be the earliest opportunity we've had to cash in on him. Be gutted to see him go, but we'd be idiots to turn down £20m in the summer, to let him leave for nothing 12 months later (assuming he likely won't sign another deal) That money will help us rebuild the squad, which we'll have to do with the likely turnover in players. May even help us keep hold of either Hamer or O'Hare (hopefully both!). Either way, I think a sale is inevitable (play off win might change that!!!)

Last edited:

BigadamL

Unless we get promoted which I don’t think we will the last game of the season will be the last time Vik plays in a Coventry shirt. No way we can keep hold of a talent like that. Would love him to stay but you have to be realistic, if I was wolves or palace I would be all over trying to sign him. One thing is for sure we need to enjoy him while he is here

shmmeee

Unless we get promoted which I don’t think we will the last game of the season will be the last time Vik plays in a Coventry shirt. No way we can keep hold of a talent like that. Would love him to stay but you have to be realistic, if I was wolves or palace I would be all over trying to sign him. One thing is for sure we need to enjoy him while he is here

Hope he goes quickly. Last thing we want is a summer long transfer debacle.

ProfessorbyGrace

He's got Sky Blue blood running through his vains...
alarm amber alert GIF

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

This summer wouldn't be the earliest opportunity we've had to cash in on him. Be gutted to see him go, but we'd be idiots to turn down £20m in the summer, to let him leave for nothing 12 months later (assuming he likely won't sign another deal) That money will help us rebuild the squad, which we'll have to do with the likely turnover in players. May even help us keep hold of either Hamer or O'Hare (hopefully both!). Either way, I think a sale is inevitable (play off win might change that!!!)
Who put a bid in for him in January or last May? How do you know he won’t sin a new deal? Good job Brentford fought off several bids for Toney. As I’ve said there’s no point in King being the owner if he is, if he’s not going to put extra money of his own into the club.

Sky Blue Harry H

Who put a bid in for him in January or last May? How do you know he won’t sin a new deal? Good job Brentford fought off several bids for Toney. As I’ve said there’s no point in King being the owner if he is, if he’s not going to put extra money of his own into the club.
If we'd wanted £££££s for Vik before now, we could easily have done so (see Hyam)
Of course, like you, I want Vik to stay, but the fact is, even if we offered him £15-20k a week. a team from higher up will match/beat that, and Vik will be keen to progress. I'd love to be wrong, but I really don't see him signing a new deal with us. If so, we have to sell to the highest bidder. Not that long ago, people thought we'd never be able to replace McNulty (couldn't even tell you who he plays for now).

ccfc1234

See Leeds are linked with him in the BBC gossip latest today. Hope he stays and Robins builds a team around him. If we sell we need to be ready to sign another forward but when other teams know you have just pocketed a significant sum prices increase.

Users who are viewing this thread