Film Thread 2016 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't good was it

I fell asleep halfway through like with most things. So haven't seen the end.

I had read his book, so some of it was quite interesting. Some of it was clearly played up a bit "He could have beaten Klitscho and Tyson" but then after he lost to Shaw it was because Shaw was a trained fighter and he wasn't.

Covstu

Seen the Trailer for Trainspotting 2, cannot wait for that film! The first is my favourite film of all time but equally sometimes its best to leave it there but it does look great.

Covstu

Ghostbusters 3/10 believe the hype. It's a terrible terrible movie.

There is such a lot wrong with this, but the very worst is Kate mckinnon. Her character is one of the worst i've seen on screen in my life. Her acting is that very bad, I think I will avoid every film she's in forever.
She may be some famous snl bint in America, but she ruins an already rubbish film.

It DOES have some Funny jokes in there, but nil Funny moments at all.

Spoilers

Special mention, and I shake my head thinking about this, but there's a part in the film where the bad guy makes all the army, police mob freeze in a ' Saturday night fever ' dance pose, and I just thought dread, please do not Make them dance,
And guess what, they don't, it just goes on with the film and you're left thinking, what was that all about, convinced they were going so dance and really destroy the movie, but? ?? They just ignore it.
So the film finishes.
Then there's a few mid titles jokes to Make you think it didn't suck as bad as it did, them BAM.
They bolt on 'the ' dance sequence that you 'know ' they were going to put in the film, but realised it would have been the worst fucking shit thing ever, but someone somewhere needed their ego stroked so still decided to add it to the titles at the end.

It defies all logic and it makes you cringe badly.
There's 5 really rubbish cameos from the surviving original cast but one Little cameo from the dead member, egon, as a brass bust, which I though was respectable and nice touch.

Watch it, but you'll hate it
Yep absolute pish!

I hate the failed attempt of trying to flip the ditsy female character to male it just didn't work. The storyline was non existant and it didn't grip me once. I watch the original the other day and is still a class watch. Without the old characters this was always going to be a car crash

Pipehitterz

Seen the Trailer for Trainspotting 2, cannot wait for that film! The first is my favourite film of all time but equally sometimes its best to leave it there but it does look great.
Did you ever catch the green edit? with the deleted scenes added?

Pipehitterz

Yep absolute pish!

I hate the failed attempt of trying to flip the ditsy female character to male it just didn't work. The storyline was non existant and it didn't grip me once. I watch the original the other day and is still a class watch. Without the old characters this was always going to be a car crash
Apparently there's a special edition with 5, yes five, added dancing scenes.
Like Wtf, 5 dancing scenes.
That would explain the strange bit near the end when they all freeze in the ' Saturday night fever ' pose

Marty

The Accountant. 7/10. Actually quite good. Not an awful lot of action though. Quite obvious some of the twists. It has potential and it's nicely left open for a sequel.

clint van damme

Has anyone seen I Daniel Blake?

Finally got round to seeing it. Really enjoyed it.

Typical Ken Loach film with a typical Ken Loach audience which means basically it's preaching to the converted.
For a second on leaving the cinema I did think it had achieved the impossible and made me hate the tories more than I already do but then I realised I was been silly and that wasn't actually possible!!

Pipehitterz

Supersonic 10/10 very very very good oasis documentary. it's not often you got a doc , especially a musical one, that has licenced music, it doesn't miss a beat
Absolutely loved it.
When the reform next year, whether you like it or not, they're gonna be bigger than Jesus, or however the quote goes

Pipehitterz

The Accountant. 7/10. Actually quite good. Not an awful lot of action though. Quite obvious some of the twists. It has potential and it's nicely left open for a sequel.
got sequel written all over it
6/10 was good, but not great, jk simmons is such a good actor, but horriblyunderused here
sqint and it was a poor LEON remake without the best finally in all movie history
but this one had a girl in it for no reason whatsoever
the 'twist' wasnt the best, and pretty obvious in a non obvious way
nice end scene (other) twist tho

dancers lance

The Daughter and I went to see Arrival on Sunday we both enjoyed it, well worth a view.

fellatio_Martinez

Arrival - 9/10

I haven't seen anything quite like this. It's got pretty much everything you'd want from a sci fi film plus very a moving back drop that ties into the plot without seeming at all contrived or hollywood like. If you're into clever and thought provoking films this is for you. The special effects are stunning too, I saw it on IMAXX and everything looked life like

Dog Eat Dog - 2/10

Nic Cage and Willem Defoe alongside the Taxi Driver director should be interesting I thought. Nope, it's an awfully dull wannabe Tarantino jizzy mess that should have gone straight to dvd and then into a toilet.

Dog shit.

Last edited:

Pipehitterz

Fantastic beasts
Don't know whether I loved it or thought it was meh.
Story is pretty thinly spread over 2 and a half hours, so bit dull and over Long
Special effects possibly Best i've ever seen in a movie, but over use of 3d shots, impressive as they were, distracted me from the film.
Only got going in final 45 minutes but those 45 were 10/10 with a delightful twist or two at the end so crowd pleasing ending.
Some will hate some will love, but like Harry Potter, you know it's got at least another 4 films till it's conclusion, so the story is way under developed just yet.

If I'm looking back at it after 2 more films I would have enjoyed it more I think.

Special mention. did imax cineworld at report world's genting and have to give it 10/10 , Best cinema i've ever been too, but wow it's expensive, over 16 quid each for imax experience, had the ol meerkat half price job so bargained myself, if you're a movie buff and love to be immersed, it's worth the money

dutchman

Was it that bad?

It wasn't quite as tedious as Batman v Superman but they didn't for example edit out a flashback sequence from the theatrical cut so one scene is shown twice. Jared Loto seems to be compensating for the fact that none of the other cast can act at all by wildly overacting in every scene. The movie is so dumb it's just begging for a full-length parody to be made of it by the Scary Movie team.

Last edited:

dutchman

The latest atrocity to assault my senses is "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children". There are no likeable characters and the casting is inept. There is no chemistry between the actors, the acting is abysmal and the soundtrack is massively overblown. This is the worst Tim Burton movie I've seen since Sweeney Todd.

Pipehitterz

The latest atrocity to assault my senses is "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children". There are no likeable characters and the casting is inept. There is no chemistry between the actors, the acting is abysmal and the soundtrack is massively overblown. This is the worst Tim Burton movie I've seen since Sweeney Todd.
I can't remember the last good film he made

skybluejelly

Rogue one .. pretty boring couldn't feel any affiliation with the characters .. the cgi of peter Cushing was absolutely dreadful.. better effects on a game cube..5 out of 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty

Deepwater Horizon, 8/10. Enjoyed it very much.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Watched nativity 3 yesterday

Bit nostalgic as all 3 were filmed at my daughters school and herself a few of her friends have had scenes in them no speaking bits just filling the classrooms/ assembly
But nice Apparently according to my daughter David tennent was a really nice bloke

Nick

Administrator
Watched nativity 3 yesterday

Bit nostalgic as all 3 were filmed at my daughters school and herself a few of her friends have had scenes in them no speaking bits just filling the classrooms/ assembly
But nice Apparently according to my daughter David tennent was a really nice bloke

The only thing I don't get is how Mr Poppy survives in Holbrooks?

dutchman

Still want to see this, but thinking its only because of the hot blonde and Cara Delevingne
Cara Delevingne's performance is so bad it's embarrassing, cringeworthy. The director must have told her "Just stand there and look stupid" because that's all she did. What should have been a gripping climax to the movie became a Xmas pantomime.

Users who are viewing this thread