Film Thread 2016 (1 Viewer)

Pipehitterz

Cant get into Money Monster at all, tried about 3 times :(
Was gonna watch that on a recommendation , even tho I struggle to like any George clooney film.
Now i've Read your post I think I may swerve it after all

Sky_Blue_Daz

Creed- some great camera work good story sad to see rocky get old
A great stand alone film in my opinion

Nick

Administrator
Keep starting to watch now you see me 2, the first one was good but those is way over the top.

Gazolba

Just saw reruns of "Mr. Bean" and "Mr. Bean's Holiday". Probably not to everyone's taste but there were some very funny moments in both films and a brilliant sound-track in the second one.

Otis

Just saw reruns of "Mr. Bean" and "Mr. Bean's Holiday". Probably not to everyone's taste but there were some very funny moments in both films and a brilliant sound-track in the second one.
The annoying thing with the first one was that they left out so of the funniest stuff and it ended up on the cutting room floor.

There's a lovely little scene right at the start with him locking his flat door that was cut.

Far too much padding in that film which spoilt it, though agree, there are some very funny bits still in it too.

Gazolba

The annoying thing with the first one was that they left out so of the funniest stuff and it ended up on the cutting room floor.

There's a lovely little scene right at the start with him locking his flat door that was cut.

<snip>.
How do you know those scenes exist? Is there a special DVD with the missing scenes?

vow

Watched "The Hateful Eight" 7/10 solid movie, storyline good, cracking acting, dragged a little bit, but i'd reccomend it to Tarantino fans.

Marty

Oh they are clever, the first was very clever. This one just seems a bit more ott

Potential Spoilers:
I don't know really, definatley some odd moments like when the young lad (can't remember his name) kept trying to hypnotize the evil twin then magical he was able to do it. and the whole thing with the plane on the barge didn't work for me at all. Generally I think it was quite good though.

Felony 6/10 It was ok, quite a dark film with everyone trying to cover themselves.

Imperium 6/10 Not sure on this film, Not convinced by Daniel Radcliffe in this role at all. He played the part of a detective infiltrating a white supremacy gang. Looked a child against the sort you associate with these sort of groups, his back story with his appearance just didn't fit at all. The concept was ok I suppose but it needed a Jason Statham type to pull of the part I think.

The whole Truth 4/10 boring court room type drama/thriller, has a great twist though that i didn't expect. Keanu Reeves is a terrible actor though and always has been. how he keeps getting parts is beyond me, Still acting like hes in bill and ted.

Otis

How do you know those scenes exist? Is there a special DVD with the missing scenes?
Yep. Or at least there was. Some of the stuff was great. Mel Smith did a director's commentary and talked of leaving funny stuff out in order to trim the film.

Would have been much better to trim the dull US family padding instead.

dutchman

"Cell" is good, I don't care what Rotten Tomatoes or the Stephen King fanbois think about it. :p
The first ten mins especially is home-cinema demo material.
Best time to watch it is just before you go to the airport. :D

covcity4life

money monstor is a good film with a simple premise 6.5/10
point break remake - amazing climatology or cinematography or whatever its called but not great 5/10
eddie the eagle - brilliant british film, great sory 9/10

Gazolba

One of my favourite TV movies is "The Langoliers". The problem is that once you have seen it, the suspense is ruined for all subsequent viewings (Much like "Jaws").

Last edited:

dutchman

One of my favourite TV movies is "The Langoliers". The problem is that once you have seen it, the suspense is ruined for all subsequent viewings (Much like "Jaws").
Believe it or not whenever they repeat The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) on TV I watch it to the very end to see if the plane is going to take off! :D

vow

Deadpool 8/10
Good fun, good FX, enjoyed it.

Pipehitterz

kubo and the two strings 9/10
made by focus studios, they did coraline and paranorman

amazing model animation, its easily up there with coraline

Marty

Free state of Jones. 7/10 Really enjoyed it. The main actor (can't remember his name) was superb.

Nick

Administrator
Bastille Day was quite good.
Central Intelligence was also quite good, typical Kevin Hart type film.

trevelfarandwide

London Has Fallen, the sequel to Olympus Has Fallen, is absolute shit biscuits.

Cheesy, humdrum and to be honest, the plot was promising until they rushed through any semblance of a decent storyline to push cheese and bullets.

Gerard Butler, give it up. 2/10

Incidentally, watch Southbound.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not exactly a film, but a documentary on Netflix called "who took Johnny" it's very grim.
It's the true story of a boy in America called Johnny Gosch who got kidnapped in 1982 the film follows his mothers search to find him and her work with families in similar situations
It's very harrowing

Pipehitterz

Swiss army man.

Surreal bonkers and intriguing.

Not the kind of movie for everyone but the acting is very very good.
Daniel ratcliffe is brilliant in it, it's the first film i've seen him as NOT Harry Potter

Users who are viewing this thread