Film Thread 2016 (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Took the good lady wife to watch me before you
Not a bad film but our viewing pleasure was ruined by a couple that wouldn't stop talking through the whole film and a pair of Chavvy girls who never stopped eating throughout the film
Hate the cinema for that reason, makes me want to start throwing haymakers! Rustling bags all.The way through

Pipehitterz

Hate the cinema for that reason, makes me want to start throwing haymakers! Rustling bags all.The way through
try isense birmingham bradway plaza

biggest and loudest cinema ive ever been in, you'd be lucky to hear the person next to you have a conversation

totally immersive viewing experience, never seen anything like it

dutchman

Just watched the "Ultimate Edition" of Batman V Superman, against my better judgement. I haven't liked any recent comic book adaptation but this one managed to exceed even my worst expectation. Haven't seen the earlier theatrical cut but am told this version is better so god only knows how bad that was?
blogger-image--1214086318.jpg

Marty

Central Intelligence. Absolutely terrible. I fell a sleep during the film and when I woke up, 2 other people in the cinema were sleeping and mostly everyone else was playing on their phones. 2/10

vow

I watched spotlight last night, eye opening that's for sure!
Looks good according to Rotten Tomatoes. Can I assume its not an easy watch, given the subject matter?

Nick

Administrator
Looks good according to Rotten Tomatoes. Can I assume its not an easy watch, given the subject matter?
To be honest, you don't actuality see a priest much. So it's not showing abuse, just behind the scenes of the paper

vow

To be honest, you don't actuality see a priest much. So it's not showing abuse, just behind the scenes of the paper
Ok, might take a look.
How did you rate it, Nick?

Pipehitterz

spotlight was just okay, think it sot a lot of publicity , just because the subject matter

seeing as another 'true story' came out at the time, THE BIG SHORT was head and shoulders above spotlight imo

skybluejelly

went to watch Independence day resurgence.. i quite liked it .but very similar to the first one ..typical american gung ho movie ..but still pretty easy to watch

Pipehitterz

Watched quite I clever witty detective movie last night
The nice guys.

Nothing too heavy , but the humour was perfectly balanced .
Both ryan goslin and Russell Crowe bounced of each other , and probably their chemistry made the film.
Worth a watch

Pipehitterz

went to watch Independence day resurgence.. i quite liked it .but very similar to the first one ..typical american gung ho movie ..but still pretty easy to watch
I hated the first one, I remember the queues being round the corner at the showcase , it was such a hyped movie,
As I was going in , a dude coming out was telling his Mrs , 'typical american shit '
He wasn't wrong.
Still interested to see if i'll like the Second one tho, but will wait till a torrent drops .

Otis

I hated the first one, I remember the queues being round the corner at the showcase , it was such a hyped movie,
As I was going in , a dude coming out was telling his Mrs , 'typical american shit '
He wasn't wrong.
Still interested to see if i'll like the Second one tho, but will wait till a torrent drops .

I liked the first 30-45 mins and thought it was going to be very good, but then it all got very, very silly and quite ridiculously unbelievable.

Pipehitterz

I liked the first 30-45 mins and thought it was going to be very good, but then it all got very, very silly and quite ridiculously unbelievable.
sounds about how i expect it to be
bombed a bit at the cinemas too so maybe wont make a third

skybluejelly

Went to see now you see me 2 last night, another one pretty similar to the first but didn't expect anything different ... Was a 6/10 would have preferred to wait until it was available online .. But wife wanted to go

Pipehitterz

Went to see now you see me 2 last night, another one pretty similar to the first but didn't expect anything different ... Was a 6/10 would have preferred to wait until it was available online .. But wife wanted to go
The first one was more than enough for me . I like all the actors in the film , but together they all turned into one horrible cocky twat , they all acted the same character , it was a real strange film.
The honest trailer on youtube is savage regarding the first one

Gazolba

"Mother" with Albert Brooks. It's from 1996. If you haven't seen it, seek it out. Hilarious.

Gazolba

Is there ever going to be a "Titanic 2"?<snip>

Is that the one where the couple at the prow fall overboard and the ship ends up not sinking after all?

skybluejelly

brother went to see ghostbusters last night ...and he watches any crap ..he said he got up and left before the end and he wasn't the only one...

Otis

nme gave it 4/5
Everyone else has given it 1/10

Looks atrocious

Yeah, interesting one.

Apparently they released a trailer and everyone was saying just how awful the movie looked like it was going to be, but I have seen a lot of good reviews of the actual film since.

dutchman

Well yeah, I kind of knew that, but it can't be all of them surely.

Pretty much all. You should see the freebies they were showered with to promote Sharnado 3.

They also hire stooges to flood Twitter and Facebook with glowing opinions.

How come lots of films get completely panned by critics if they are paid to write good reviews of bad films? :)

They didn't receive enough back-handers from the distributors.

My favourite is when they build-up a movie for its UK release when they already know it's completely flopped in the US.

Otis

Pretty much all. You should see the freebies they were showered with to promote Sharnado 3.

They also hire stooges to flood Twitter and Facebook with glowing opinions.

They didn't receive enough back-handers from the distributors.

My favourite is when they build-up a movie for its UK release when they already know it's completely flopped in the US.
Doesn't quite sound right to me.

Not doubting you necessarily, but surely all film companies would go that extra mile to ensure critics are paid enough? Could be the sinking or swimming of the movie and mean millions in profits or losses couldn't it?

Otis

I think this needs further investigation! :)

Batman v Superman for instance. Got a lot of panning by many, many critics, yet a lot of the viewing public really liked it.

I am sure some get paid, but it just doesn't seem to stack up that the majority do.

There are many critics I admire and usually if they say a film is really good I really like it too and believe it to be as good as they say it is.

Just can't get my head round the notion. Surely major film companies that have made big movies that have cost many millions would go that extra step to make sure critics are paid enough.

I will delve deeper! ;)

dutchman

Batman v Superman for instance. Got a lot of panning by many, many critics, yet a lot of the viewing public really liked it.

I disagree, they ranked it seven stars on IMDb which is extremely poor for a movie of that nature:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/reference

Surely major film companies that have made big movies that have cost many millions would go that extra step to make sure critics are paid enough.

They blew the budget on the special effects so there was none left over for 'marketing' (as they call it) or a decent script or a decent actor to play Batman.

It was never going to get its production costs back so anything extra spent was just throwing good money after bad.

Otis

The revenant, poor story but people get excited by 100 camera angles
Well, yeah, but that is what critics look for. Not only are they looking at the script and the performances, but also the cinematography and set design and especially the direction.

This is why the Revenant got so many awards.

Users who are viewing this thread