Film Thread 2016 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
London Has Fallen was good. I like the way he adds "As fuck" to everything for no reason.

Pipehitterz

Did the new x men friday night
Bit of a mess really , wasn't overly impressed
The Best part of the movie was the quicksilver scene , bit of a film Stealer . Other than that it's colour by numbers

SkyBlueScottie

Deadpool superb. Very funny movie.
X men, has gone the way of the first trilogy, perhaps they should take a few more films to expand the story a bit, this is where Marvel are very good at the minute, they have their universe plotted out and everything references each other. DC are doing a bit of retcon and getting their TV people (Flash Arrow creators) involved in their films and creating their universe, where as at the minute its a bit shambolic with some characters mentioned others not...

London has Fallen. Ok, nothing that will stretch your mind. A bit of swearing, fights, explosions, but you know what you are going to get. Probably not as enjoyable as Olympus has Fallen. Going to Watch Capt America some time this week.

Nick

Administrator
Watched 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi last night, was quite good. Didn't realise it was a true story!

Pipehitterz

Watched angry birds last night.
Thought it would be pathetic, but after a shakey opening 15 it gets very Funny.
Never played the game but the kids reckon there's loads of references to it in the story

Nick

Administrator
Watched Grimsby the other night, got a few bad reviews so wasn't expecting much but I nearly died I laughed so much during it, very funny if you have a schoolboy sense of humour which I have

Was it that good? Going to wait until it is out on DVD :)

dutchman

Just wasted 2 hours watching the Blu-ray version of 10 Cloverfield Lane. Don't be conned by the title and the fact that it's produced by J.J. Abrams, it has nothing to do with the original Cloverfield. It's also stupid beyond belief.

Nick

Administrator
Just wasted 2 hours watching the Blu-ray version of 10 Cloverfield Lane. Don't be conned by the title and the fact that it's produced by J.J. Abrams, it has nothing to do with the original Cloverfield. It's also stupid beyond belief.

Was it that bad? I might not bother then.

Watched grimsby, wasn't that keen. There were the obvious funny bits that are typical though like the bit with the cut out of the boy :)

Much prefered Ali G!

Pipehitterz

i
loved it, the tension it created inside the bunker was fantastic
the pay off was the crazy ending cuz you have no idea who is right who is wrong

also it was never meant to have anything to do with cloverfield , cloverfield is a brand, like hammer house of horror, there'll be a third along the same vein , but not sequel/prequel

Otis

i

loved it, the tension it created inside the bunker was fantastic
the pay off was the crazy ending cuz you have no idea who is right who is wrong

also it was never meant to have anything to do with cloverfield , cloverfield is a brand, like hammer house of horror, there'll be a third along the same vein , but not sequel/prequel

Yep, true. Would have only taken a few seconds of research to see that this film is nowt to do with Cloverfield.

I really want to see it. The reviews are very good on the whole.

Otis

No it wouldn't Otis, the opening paragraph of the featured review on iMDB spoke entirely about Cloverfield. I stopped reading after that to avoid spoilers:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179933/reference

And reviews have been "mixed" rather than "positive".
Really? All the reviews I saw immediately pointed tot he fact that this film had nothing to do with Cloverfield. We must have been reading different bumf!

We definitely are, cos I just looked on Rotten Tomatoes and it has a rating of 90% and IMDB a rating of 7.4 out of 10.

;)

dutchman

Forget the critics' ratings Otis, if you saw the amount of bribes they take from the studios you would never believe a word they said ever again.

I'm not saying no one should download Cloverfield Lane and watch it, what I'm saying is if they expect it to be anything like Cloverfield in style, feel or quality they are going to be bitterly disappointed.

Otis

Well I wasn't that keen on Cloverfield personally. I thought it was okay. Much more looking forwards to 10 Cloverfield Lane for sure.

Will let you know my thoughts. :)

Otis

Just finally watched Love and Mercy, the Brian Wilson, Beach Boy thing with John Cusack.

Really liked it. What a manipulative, arrogant twat his doctor (producer, co-worker, dietitian) truly was and in reality Wilson's wife says he was much worse in reality than actually portrayed in the film.

Pipehitterz

Just finally watched Love and Mercy, the Brian Wilson, Beach Boy thing with John Cusack.

Really liked it. What a manipulative, arrogant twat his doctor (producer, co-worker, dietitian) truly was and in reality Wilson's wife says he was much worse in reality than actually portrayed in the film.
Aye caught that when it came out in the states, there was only limited cinema release over here, really good acting , paul dano is a very good actor, looking forward to seeing Swiss army man

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I know it's not a 2016 film but I recently caught a film on TV called "Passchendaele". It's a First World War movie based on a true story. Written and directed by Paul Gross (Due South fame), and he also stars in the leading role. The battle scenes are amazingly real, similar to the effects used in Saving Private Ryan. Well worth a watch if you catch it coming round again.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Took the good lady wife to watch me before you
Not a bad film but our viewing pleasure was ruined by a couple that wouldn't stop talking through the whole film and a pair of Chavvy girls who never stopped eating throughout the film

Last edited:

Otis

Swear to Christ one of the girls even had a conversation on her mobile people need to get a grip of themselves
I have seen women at the cinema on their mobile phones for the entire duration of the film, probably glancing up at the screen every 30 seconds or so for half a second at a time only.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I have seen women at the cinema on their mobile phones for the entire duration of the film, probably glancing up at the screen every 30 seconds or so for half a second at a time only.
To be honest Otis I was gonna have a word with the couple who were talking but I thought it may have led to a "Larry David" moment
Maybe one of them were visually impaired

Sky_Blue_Daz

Any WWF fans from back in the day
There's a great documentary on Netflix about Jake "the snake" Roberts it charts his struggle with his demons going into rehab and eventually getting into the hall of fame
Yes wrestling is a load of pre planned entertainment and in some people's opinion fake but so is every film we go to see but this fellas back story is very real and equally heartbreaking and triumphant

dutchman

Did they mention she was 14 years old when they started dating?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Took the good lady wife to watch me before you
Not a bad film but our viewing pleasure was ruined by a couple that wouldn't stop talking through the whole film and a pair of Chavvy girls who never stopped eating throughout the film
Precisely why I haven't been to the cinema since 1988 (Gorillas in the Mist). Too bloody noisy, too claustrophobic and far too expensive!

Pipehitterz

Went to see Warcraft last night and pleasantly surprised.

Aside from some soap star acting , there's a solid story here , some great fight scenes and a healthy pace to the proceedings.
Early trailers made the CGI look terrible but in fact I was amazed at some of the all CGI characters on screen, they looked real
If you like lord of the rings but without the faf and back story slowing the races , then this is for you.
Won't win any Oscars for acting but will for effects .
7/10

Users who are viewing this thread