Fifteen Years (1 Viewer)

blunted

What was the one McGinnity threatened to sue?
That genius McGinnity who allegedly made his money when tipped off about all-seater stadiums by Robinson. McGinnity threatened to sue Nev Haddesley who ran GMK at the time and was a local sports reporter working in Birmingham. I think it was Adam Dent who castigated Nev when he phoned CWR. Nev has written books about the Sky Blues with someone whose name escapes me.

WestEndAgro

My first irst thread was 2011, but would have been posting drivel long before then.

JimmyHillsbeard

I think it was GMK - I’m sure it was Knowle. McGinnity was an utter wanker

It was GMK in the days when it was run by Smiler. Before Knowle took it on. Iirc the poster who he threatened to sue (for calling him a ‘rogue’) was Steve Carpenter who went on to work for the Cov Observer

NorthernWisdom

It was GMK in the days when it was run by Smiler. Before Knowle took it on. Iirc the poster who he threatened to sue (for calling him a ‘rogue’) was Steve Carpenter who went on to work for the Cov Observer
Take, I thought better of your memory

The 'lovable rogue' defence was also a good one.

Meanwhile McGinnity's letter says most of the board had a public standing and unimpeachable integrity. Begs the question who didn't...

JimmyHillsbeard

Take, I thought better of your memory

The 'lovable rogue' defence was also a good one.

Meanwhile McGinnity's letter says most of the board had a public standing and unimpeachable integrity. Begs the question who didn't...

I’m getting old.

Samo

I joined in July 2012, I check in here pretty much every day so I guess you could say its become a part of my life, thanks for all the laughs and the ding-dongs folks, its been a blast!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I joined in July 2012, I check in here pretty much every day so I guess you could say its become a part of my life, thanks for all the laughs and the ding-dongs folks, its been a blast!
Is there a secret sub-forum for dick pics?

ceetee

I stuck with GMK until the very end despite it going off air a couple of times, partly because I couldn't get SBT to format at first.

fernandopartridge

I don't think it was Carpo (I know him well and he's never mentioned it), I am pretty sure he only started working at the Observer well into the SISU era anyway.

ccfctommy

Well, i joined in 2008 but never posted til GMK finally went. I tried to register here but totally forgot I signed up some years before.

Fun fact that i never shared on here. I used to work for the Council. Sometimes, I worked the reception desk at the Civic Centre. Tim Fisher and Mark Labovich (sp?) came in for meetings. Also, Preston Haskell the third came in for a meeting. Without thinking, I posted on here that Preston Haskell was in my building. The next day, my manager asked if I was CCFCTommy and I had a disciplinary about that!

This was probably around the Northampton season. Just goes to show that the bigwigs were looking at this website at the time!

olderskyblue

ovduk78

I've been on here since April 2011. I was on GMK and posted a few times but until its' demise I was just a watcher on here. I used to think on here was more Council supporting & SISU hating than GMK but it changed, maybe the transfer of ex GMKers levelled it out. Had some great laughs on here with what's been posted but nothing to compare with stuff that killerrumble used to post on GMK.

Sick Boy

I joined here in 2008 but didn’t post properly until it became busier - used to mostly post on skyblueuntrust and troll on GMK.

Gray

2008 but I've only posted a few times over the last couple years in protest at the change of colours and font😉

Brighton Sky Blue

Joined at the start of 2012 and within days got messages from certain Sky Blue Trust figures asking me to 'infiltrate' the London Supporters' Club meeting with Fisher. Not had any further espionage enquiries since

Users who are viewing this thread