Feeling Sorry For The Fans (1 Viewer)

SkyB

This is my first post and I'm going to say that I feel sorry for the fans that ,if Pressley does leave, that haven't seen the football we play. It's so much better build up play than all the mangers we've had at the Ricoh.

Gint11

People on here are Stat fed. 4 wins in 20 odd games means they want him out. They don't see anything else.

SkyB

And it would cost if we sacked him, whereas if he's poached then we'll get compensation.

Grendel

This is my first post and I'm going to say that I feel sorry for the fans that ,if Pressley does leave, that haven't seen the football we play. It's so much better build up play than all the mangers we've had at the Ricoh.

The only thing that's saving him is that we are not at the Ricoh. He'd be gone if we were.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why does it always end up back at Thorne he has gone let's try to keep it a bit current, Pressley has one thing to do and that is get results and he isn't doing it.

Grendel

Oh God....

Well normally you'd be preaching "context" "time to gel" etc. I just find it strange the amount of stick this guy gets yet he is obviously a real manager and working in far more difficult circumstances.

Hobo

It is a results game and he isn't getting the right ones

It is a results game, but people don't give people enough time. Continual chopping and changing achieves nothing.

Manchester United had to give Ferguson time, it reaped rewards. Liverpool are starting to get back on track due to fans being patient.

Coventry City have been poor for years because the whole set up and ethos is wrong. That is why we have seen players come here and take the piss.

Someone has to rebuild the club, from the ground up, it will take time. One game in with a new team and people are bleating.

smoo310pusb

It is a results game, but people don't give people enough time. Continual chopping and changing achieves nothing.

Manchester United had to give Ferguson time, it reaped rewards. Liverpool are starting to get back on track due to fans being patient.

Coventry City have been poor for years because the whole set up and ethos is wrong. That is why we have seen players come here and take the piss.

Someone has to rebuild the club, from the ground up, it will take time. One game in with a new team and people are bleating.

Failure is all we know, depending on peoples age.

Gint11

Was just about to type a post saying something just like that. It is a results game but SP has had a bad hand to deal with, many factors going against him. He deserves time to put results right and if we look at the present only for a second, we have played 1 game.

shmmeee

Never was in Thornes day was it?

Pressley has already lasted longer than Thorn and rightly so, he wins 1 in 3 rather than 1 in 5.

Pressley is solidly below the likes of Black, Robins, Nilsson or Dowie in terms of games won. But top of the pack of the likes of Coleman, Boothroyd, Strachan, Reid, etc.

Basically, he's like every manager that we haven't got rid of/lost fairly quickly. The one caveat being of course that we are in League One.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well normally you'd be preaching "context" "time to gel" etc. I just find it strange the amount of stick this guy gets yet he is obviously a real manager and working in far more difficult circumstances.

Both worked in difficult conditions; one primarily in a league higher. Any comparison is worthless. What some people might see is Pressley's record post-Christmas. His job is exceptionally difficult - that's certain; but this this year he has to contend without the gifted strike force he inherited last season. Clarke started to train with us in December 2012, and Pressley joined in March 2013; and Wilson was a product of the youth set-up, of course - and without their influence, his record will come under greater scrutiny.

My opinion - for what's it's worth - almost impossible to judge his tenure. He inherited the best strike force in the league, but also a 10-point deduction, and he's operating in best-par anarchy. How can you judge a man with that as a backdrop? Is he great? Is he terrible? I simply don't know

italiahorse

Where does the blame stop?
Sisu management should look at themselves and heads should roll.

SP is doing as good as he can with the tools he has available.
We know from this time last year that he is against loan players but he is forced to work with them.
Personally I thought he made a silk purse from a sow's ear on Saturday.

RoboCCFC90

My opinion - for what's it's worth - almost impossible to judge his tenure. He inherited the best strike force in the league, but also a 10-point deduction, and he's operating in best-par anarchy. How can you judge a man with that as a backdrop? Is he great? Is he terrible? I simply don't know

Steven Pressley didn't inherit the best strike force in the league, it wasn't a proven strike force, it was a kid who had been relatively out in the cold due to injury and a player who had more Clubs than we have hot dinners.

Steven Pressley gave Callum the chance that maybe he needed, the suggestion that the best strike force was already there is inaccurate or else why hadn't Robins seen this beforehand?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Steven Pressley didn't inherit the best strike force in the league, it wasn't a proven strike force, it was a kid who had been relatively out in the cold due to injury and a player who had more Clubs than we have hot dinners.

Steven Pressley gave Callum the chance that maybe he needed, the suggestion that the best strike force was already there is inaccurate or else why hadn't Robins seen this beforehand?

Game for game, they scored more than any other partnership in the league. That makes them 'the best in the league'. And both were at the club when he joined. So he inherited them. As such, I'm entirely and wholly accurate.

I didn't say he did nothing to improve them, did I? Jeez, some people just look for an argument.....

Johnnythespider

Don't think he's had much stick to be honest, but if the next 25 games are like the last I think he will and deservedly so IMO.

RoboCCFC90

Game for game, they scored more than any other partnership in the league. That makes them 'the best in the league'. And both were at the club when he joined. So he inherited them. As such, I'm entirely and wholly accurate.

I didn't say he did nothing to improve them, did I? Jeez, some people just look for an argument.....

I swear sometimes you can be a moron.. Your quote said "Inherited" Steven Pressley did not inherit that partnership, Pressley formed and built it.

Your whole heatedly inaccurate as it happens.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I swear sometimes you can be a moron.. Your quote said "Inherited" Steven Pressley did not inherit that partnership, Pressley formed and built it.

Your whole heatedly inaccurate as it happens.

The Bristol partnership of Baldock and Emmanuel Thomas scored 39 goals between them and took 44+1 and 42+4 appearances to do so; equating to 0.43 goals per game. Wilson and Clarke scored 36 goals, taking 36 and 22+1 games to do so, equating to 0.61 goals per game. Almost 50% more prolific.

When paired, they were the best partnership in the league. That, my friend, is a statement of fact. He signed neither. He inherited both. So, to say he inherited them is a statement of fact.

So, I think you'll find I'm not 'whole heatedly' inaccurate. Ahem...

The point now being, and that I'm sure the majority of other posters understand, is that now he needs to find and nurture his own talent, and that's a more difficult proposition

Hobo

The Bristol partnership of Baldock and Emmanuel Thomas scored 39 goals between them and took 44+1 and 42+4 appearances to do so; equating to 0.43 goals per game. Wilson and Clarke scored 36 goals, taking 36 and 22+1 games to do so, equating to 0.61 goals per game. Almost 50% more prolific.

When paired, they were the best partnership in the league. That, my friend, is a statement of fact. He signed neither. He inherited both. So, to say he inherited them is a statement of fact.

The point now being, and that I'm sure the majority of other posters understand, is that now he needs to find and nurture his own talent, and that's a more difficult proposition

Yes Wlison was at the club so he was inherited, but not established, so like it or not Pressley will get credit for that. For all You and I know his goals might be down to coaching from his mum, it might be pure natural talent, but Pressley gave him the platform.

Samo

So he deserves no credit for taking a massive chance on a player on the verge of being released? He inherited a kid going nowhere and sold him for millions.

Hobo

Plus Pressley has got us all talking football again, folks we are back to talking football.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yes Wlison was at the club so he was inherited, but not established, so like it or not Pressley will get credit for that. For all You and I know his goals might be down to coaching from his mum, it might be pure natural talent, but Pressley gave him the platform.

Again, and refer to my post have - I didn't deny that. He was - and the point I was making - have the best two strikers at his disposal in order for him to build from. When he's gone out to procure his own striking talent; Delfouneso, Manset and the like - he hasn't been so successful

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So he deserves no credit for taking a massive chance on a player on the verge of being released? He inherited a kid going nowhere and sold him for millions.

On the verge of being released? What are you on about? Clarke was only just with the club; joining post the McGoldrick departure. And Wilson has been well-blooded and developed, wit loans at Kettering and Tamworth and first team experience by the age of 20. Going nowhere? Are you insane? he was being perfectly groomed and had been blooded.

And just tell me where I said he deserved 'no credit'. I stated 'Is he great? Is he terrible? I don't know'. Which, until he brings in his own replacements - none of us do; do we?

Samo

On the verge of being released? What are you on about? Clarke was only just with the club; joining post the McGoldrick departure. And Wilson has been well-blooded and developed, wit loans at Kettering and Tamworth and first team experience by the age of 20. Going nowhere? Are you insane? he was being perfectly groomed and had been blooded.

And just tell me where I said he deserved 'no credit'. I stated 'Is he great? Is he terrible? I don't know'. Which, until he brings in his own replacements - none of us do; do we?

It was fully expected at the time that Wilson would be released. He was already 21, hadn't even come close to reaching his potential, didn't score many and was considered a crock. And nobody would have been surprised. I really don't know what fantasy world you live in.

Sky Blue Kid

Well normally you'd be preaching "context" "time to gel" etc. "I just find it strange the amount of stick this guy gets" yet he is obviously a real manager and working in far more difficult circumstances.
WTF you on about... "I just find it strange the amount of stick this guy gets"........................Nobody has dared have a go at SP till 1-2 days ago. Coleman, Boothroyd, and Thorne, had a s**tload compared to SP. Let's face it, His win ratio is absolutely p**s poor, and he has very little in the way of talent in the squad atm, considering the team was brought in by him alone! This is one situation that can't be blamed on Waggot, although it's Waggot holding the purse strings. SP is solely responsible for players, and therefore is starting to have the finger pointed at him.

Hobo

Again, and refer to my post have - I didn't deny that. He was - and the point I was making - have the best two strikers at his disposal in order for him to build from. When he's gone out to procure his own striking talent; Delfouneso, Manset and the like - he hasn't been so successful

After bending Delfouneso's ear he scored 2 in 2. Manset, Slager....were they the budget, the crap scouting system Waggott or Pressley?

I don't think you, Chiefdave or I know.

But What I do know is he shifted Manset and Slager on pretty quickly having had a look, I also know real progress and development need continuity and time.

But like you say, until he unearths another Clarke and Wilson he will be blamed for the failures.

Samo

WTF you on about... "I just find it strange the amount of stick this guy gets"........................Nobody has dared have a go at SP till 1-2 days ago. Coleman, Boothroyd, and Thorne, had a s**tload compared to SP. Let's face it, His win ratio is absolutely p**s poor, and he has very little in the way of talent in the squad atm, considering the team was brought in by him alone! This is one situation that can't be blamed on Waggot, although it's Waggot holding the purse strings. SP is solely responsible for players, and therefore is starting to have the finger pointed at him.

Gosh SBK... don't you blame SISU? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread