Feeling Sorry For The Fans (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

On the verge of being released? What are you on about? Clarke was only just with the club; joining post the McGoldrick departure. And Wilson has been well-blooded and developed, wit loans at Kettering and Tamworth and first team experience by the age of 20. Going nowhere? Are you insane? he was being perfectly groomed and had been blooded.

And just tell me where I said he deserved 'no credit'. I stated 'Is he great? Is he terrible? I don't know'. Which, until he brings in his own replacements - none of us do; do we?
Wilson was on the verge of being released but Jeffers was let go instead.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That was at the time he was 14 though. Not when Pressley joined the club?!? Where is there anything - be it story or rumour that mentioned him being released?

Looking at this old thread: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/8699-Contracts-also-offered-to

... he's just been given a contract extension, after being on loan at Kettering Town. After that, he's a squad member, being loaned to Tamworth after the contract extension. Returning, he was given first-team experience before Pressley arrives.

Again, I'm not saying Pressley didn't develop him; as of course he did. But he was a player who had been nurtured through the ranks, shipped out for experience, and was ready to continue to step up. I can't see the player that's being portrayed buy Samo

Samo

That was at the time he was 14 though. Not when Pressley joined the club?!? Where is there anything - be it story or rumour that mentioned him being released?

Looking at this old thread: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/8699-Contracts-also-offered-to

... he's just been given a contract extension, after being on loan at Kettering Town. After that, he's a squad member, being loaned to Tamworth after the contract extension. Returning, he was given first-team experience before Pressley arrives.

Again, I'm not saying Pressley didn't develop him; as of course he did. But he was a player who had been nurtured through the ranks, shipped out for experience, and was ready to continue to step up. I can't see the player that's being portrayed buy Samo

As Fernando says above, it was him or Jeffers and it was close! Had he smashed it at his loan clubs? Was he expected to feature in the first team?

Sky Blue Kid

@ Samo...and canyouhearthedrums.......Approx £3m-£3.5m on sales of Wilson, Clarke and Arsenal FA Cup money and nothing being spent on players!?!? of course I blame SISU you nobhead, as for you nando, You didn't notice the sarcasm??? something a fair few of you on here always use. "Waggot holding purse strings" lmfao....What money???......124,000 actually...prick.

fernandopartridge

@ Samo...and canyouhearthedrums.......Approx £3m-£3.5m on sales of Wilson, Clarke and Arsenal FA Cup money and nothing being spent on players!?!? of course I blame SISU you nobhead, as for you nando, You didn't notice the sarcasm??? something a fair few of you on here always use. "Waggot holding purse strings" lmfao....What money???......124,000 actually...prick.
Text book

Samo

Did you play in front of all those people SBK? Gosh, tell me all about it please.

LB87ccfc

Someone is on their period

turlykerd

most managers will face flack when they are having a poor run and we have had a torrid time from christmas and until results turn, SP will start taking more and more.
now , with the embargo lifted, he has been able to bring in a team, instead of making do with what we had, and he seems to be keen on a different system. i think that because of this, he has his own team and style, he will stand or fall with the results.
where as last year he was given alot of time because of the circumstances and the start we had, now i feel patients is starting go get a little thin amongst the fickle.

i personally like his management style, and the way he carries himself. i like the way he wants us to play , and i would like to see him given time to succeed .

we are already 10 points better off than we were this time last year !! whoop whoop !!

LB87ccfc

most managers will face flack when they are having a poor run and we have had a torrid time from christmas and until results turn, SP will start taking more and more.
now , with the embargo lifted, he has been able to bring in a team, instead of making do with what we had, and he seems to be keen on a different system. i think that because of this, he has his own team and style, he will stand or fall with the results.
where as last year he was given alot of time because of the circumstances and the start we had, now i feel patients is starting go get a little thin amongst the fickle.

i personally like his management style, and the way he carries himself. i like the way he wants us to play , and i would like to see him given time to succeed .

we are already 10 points better off than we were this time last year !! whoop whoop !!

Good Post.. shame too many on here call for a managers head every six months.. twats

RoboCCFC90

The Bristol partnership of Baldock and Emmanuel Thomas scored 39 goals between them and took 44+1 and 42+4 appearances to do so; equating to 0.43 goals per game. Wilson and Clarke scored 36 goals, taking 36 and 22+1 games to do so, equating to 0.61 goals per game. Almost 50% more prolific.

When paired, they were the best partnership in the league. That, my friend, is a statement of fact. He signed neither. He inherited both. So, to say he inherited them is a statement of fact.

So, I think you'll find I'm not 'whole heatedly' inaccurate. Ahem...

The point now being, and that I'm sure the majority of other posters understand, is that now he needs to find and nurture his own talent, and that's a more difficult proposition

Right again for a third time:

(This is your quote from earlier)

He inherited the best strike force in the league

You are not correct. Stephen Pressley inherited two players who had never played together previously, Steven Pressley then put these two together and the partnership then blossomed into a very good partnership, to of inherited this fantastic partnership they would have had to of been potent with the figures you mentioned above before SP arrived or otherwise you don't inherit it?

ccfc92

I swear sometimes you can be a moron.. Your quote said "Inherited" Steven Pressley did not inherit that partnership, Pressley formed and built it.

Your whole heatedly inaccurate as it happens.

I think things have been misunderstood here.

I think MMM is saying he didn't buy them both in, therefor is inherited. I can see what your saying Robo, there still had to be nurturing etc, so SP deserves credit for that.

It will be interesting to see what sort of players SP brings through/ buys in. If he gets the time to :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread