Fatal Accident Yesterday (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

A little girl was run over outside my home yesterday in Bell Green,sadly she died. I heard a woman screaming and found out it was her mum,who was obviously in shock. It was a horrible scene when I got there but there wasn't anything anybody could do.
My sympathies go out to the mother and the driver of the truck who was in a distressed state.

Nick

Administrator
Saw about this in the paper.

Can't imagine at all what it would be like :(

I hope the poor girl didn't suffer.

olderskyblue

A little girl was run over outside my home yesterday in Bell Green,sadly she died. I heard a woman screaming and found out it was her mum,who was obviously in shock. It was a horrible scene when I got there but there wasn't anything anybody could do.
My sympathies go out to the mother and the driver of the truck who was in a distressed state.

What an awful thing to happen. terrible news

Nick

Administrator
Jeez, so she went under the wheels?

I don't know what I'd do if I saw mine lying there under a skip lorry wheel :(

olderskyblue

This is awful at any age, but even more so when a youngster involved

Last edited:

Otis

Really sorry to hear about this and it will be a whole family distraught and friends and neighbours too. :(

chiefdave

What a tragic thing to happen. Don't think I could cope with having kids, I'd constantly be on edge waiting for something bad to happen.

BBR if you haven't spoken to the police they're asking people to contact Sergeant Wood or his team on 101.

bringbackrattles

What a tragic thing to happen. Don't think I could cope with having kids, I'd constantly be on edge waiting for something bad to happen.

BBR if you haven't spoken to the police they're asking people to contact Sergeant Wood or his team on 101.
I will but we were told yesterday if we didn't actually see the crash etc, to move on.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Such sad news. It puts our own lives into perspective when something like this happens. RIP little one.

bringbackrattles

Such sad news. It puts our own lives into perspective when something like this happens. RIP little one.
Its very sombre in Bell Green today Houch. Flowers hanging on railings,and people just standing about not sure what to do or say. I went to the game last night but couldn't concentrate,as kept seeing the little girl lying in the road. But felt sorry for the driver too as he was sat on the floor with a blanket around him in shock. Horrible scene.

Nick

Administrator
But I heard today some people were taking photos of it on their phones which is tasteless in my opinion. If they're from the emergency services doing it that's different.

What, of the scene?

Have they figured out what happened? How did she end up there :(

Horrible for the driver like you say if it wasnt his fault.

bringbackrattles

What, of the scene?

Have they figured out what happened? How did she end up there :(

Horrible for the driver like you say if it wasnt his fault.
Some were just ghoulish and taking photos of the child etc a chap who was there said he got angry when he saw some doing that. Still unsure what happened though.

Nick

Administrator
What, actually taking pictures of the girl?

I'd have smashed their phones up.

I thought you just meant of the scene in general.

clint van damme

what a truly awful think to happen, the 2nd such similar incident I can remember in recent years.
My heart goes out to the family, I can't imagine what they are going through.
Hope you're OK BBR?

bringbackrattles

Thanks for thinking of me but its the driver and the girls mum who must be in pieces today. Just been out to look at the flowers etc and it shows what a great community we have here in Bell Green. I heard an alcoholic guy was one of the first to go over yesterday, and took his jacket off and put it over the young girl.He stood there till the ambulances came.This area has it's problems but we come together when things like this occur.

vow

Sad sad event.
Thoughts are with the family, driver and you also BBR.

Houchens Head

I worked for the Co-op Funeral Service in the late 70's - early 80's and saw many horrific sights. You do actually get hardened to it, but when little nippers were involved, I just crumbled inside. Having lost a son of my own, albeit only a week old, I know the pain these poor parents must be going through. I am a total atheist but if there really is a God, I hope he takes good care of this little mite. RIP

bringbackrattles

I worked for the Co-op Funeral Service in the late 70's - early 80's and saw many horrific sights. You do actually get hardened to it, but when little nippers were involved, I just crumbled inside. Having lost a son of my own, albeit only a week old, I know the pain these poor parents must be going through. I am a total atheist but if there really is a God, I hope he takes good care of this little mite. RIP
They let of balloons last night and a large crowd were there where the tragic accident occurred. As you know I too lost a baby son and hearing my ex missus howling in the hospital all those years ago brought it all back.
Just hope the mum and driver get some comfort as it is a horrible thing to have happened.

bringbackrattles

Hope your wife is ok mate
Ex missus as we separated years ago. Our baby was a couple of days old when he died in Walsgrave hospital, and had to have a funeral. That was a bad time and you come to terms with it but you do at times think what he would have been like etc ? But that little girl was seven and that is a lot worse than our loss I feel.

Houchens Head

Ex missus as we separated years ago. Our baby was a couple of days old when he died in Walsgrave hospital, and had to have a funeral. That was a bad time and you come to terms with it but you do at times think what he would have been like etc ? But that little girl was seven and that is a lot worse than our loss I feel.
Similar to me BBR. I know it sounds really crass, but sometimes I think to myself, "thankfully, he was only a week old" as if somehow, it makes my mind easier to cope with. My little one died way back in 1977 due to diabetes. I remember the doctors telling me that if he had survived, he would have lived his life severely disabled. Probably one of the reasons why I worked for a while with young people with severe disabilities. But as you say, to lose a wee one aged just 7 is a tragedy. All those years of happiness, raising them and watching them grow, taken away in seconds. So sad.

bringbackrattles

Similar to me BBR. I know it sounds really crass, but sometimes I think to myself, "thankfully, he was only a week old" as if somehow, it makes my mind easier to cope with. My little one died way back in 1977 due to diabetes. I remember the doctors telling me that if he had survived, he would have lived his life severely disabled. Probably one of the reasons why I worked for a while with young people with severe disabilities. But as you say, to lose a wee one aged just 7 is a tragedy. All those years of happiness, raising them and watching them grow, taken away in seconds. So sad.
A sense of humour helps I feel. So I say my lad would have probably been a Villa fan !

covcity4life

absolutly horrible and so tragic

RIP little girl

i dont know whos fault this was but it makes me angry because i saw an absolute idiot speed through red lights at tesco the other day by ricoh. he was doing 90-100mph. if someone pulled out or someone tried to cross road he would have killed them. makes my blood boil

but someotimes accidents happen too i guess so my thoughts are with everyone innocent

Users who are viewing this thread