Fans leaving before the end again (1 Viewer)

Astute

At least those that left early could be bothered to go to the game.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Haha I've just got to work myself mate. Took me probably an extra 10 minutes to get home than it would've if I hadn't cheered the final whistle.

As people have said no one will ever stop fans leaving early, it's just embarrassing as a club when we're finally winning and people just fuck off early to get home 10 minutes quicker.

The players come over to apploud the fans and the stands half full.

I leave on the full time whistle & don't stay to applaud the players. How long are we meant to stay in the stadium for just so I know for future.

Evo1883

Haha I've just got to work myself mate. Took me probably an extra 10 minutes to get home than it would've if I hadn't cheered the final whistle.

As people have said no one will ever stop fans leaving early, it's just embarrassing as a club when we're finally winning and people just fuck off early to get home 10 minutes quicker.

Not embarrassing , it's normal .
I fail to see why you dont see that

Evo1883

Lets put it into context shall we ,one of the lads who was singing it last night ,i have seen singing in away fans faces with a group as they walk by the arena tescos .
This particulaf individual and his mates , are the exact type of people who would run away if they were turned on .
They are fucking idiots..to put it bluntly .
Them lot in the top couple rows think they have some sort of superiority in that stadium to other fans ..when in reality they are big fucking kids .
So fuck them and fuck you if you are bothered by people leaving early

harvey098

I leave on the full time whistle & don't stay to applaud the players. How long are we meant to stay in the stadium for just so I know for future.[/]

If you were watching a comedian, would you get up and leave 5 minutes before their last joke. No, you stay and applaud them for their work/craft. Coventry City is something we are all emotionally invested in and you still don't applaud the players?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I leave on the full time whistle & don't stay to applaud the players. How long are we meant to stay in the stadium for just so I know for future.[/]

If you were watching a comedian, would you get up and leave 5 minutes before their last joke. No, you stay and applaud them for their work/craft. Coventry City is something we are all emotionally invested in and you still don't applaud the players?

I don't leave 5 minutes before the end though. I stay til full time and then leave.

Evo1883

The funniest thing is when these same fans , started singing loyal supporters to the people leaving lol ..on the 85th minute

harvey098

I don't leave 5 minutes before the end though. I stay til full time and then leave.

So if everyone did the same as you then, when the final whistle went it would be complete silence

I relate it back to watching other performers, say going to a west end show, and when they come out to take their bow you just fucking off without acknowledging them. That would be considered rude. Why is it acceptable to do the same to your own football team.

Evo1883

So if everyone did the same as you then, when the final whistle went it would be complete silence

I relate it back to watching other performers, say going to a west end show, and when they come out to take their bow you just fucking off without acknowledging them. That would be considered rude. Why is it acceptable to do the same to your own football team.

Happens at every ground in the country .im not sure where this is going .
In the history of football there has never been an empty stadium at the full time whistle where some fans dont stay and thank or clap the team .
People leaving early do so for their own reasons .
The people bothered by it are the idiots here

ajsccfc

Again, football isn't a stage show. They're not performers who'll throw a wobbly and refuse to perform again if people aren't throwing roses from the balconies, they're sportsmen who spend the best part of two hours being cheered on. People are there to see a result primarily, so unless a game's hanging in the balance them leaving isn't going to make anyone cry.

marcus87

People can leave when they want, they paid their money, guessing your one of the 10, 15 at the top of singers corner that slag off are own fans

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Definitely on the wind up but fair play super fan glad all the City players would have slept better last night knowing you applauded them off.

I assume you're also in the stadium before the teams warm up to applaud them out (which I did last night pat on the back to me) , cheer every name equally loud when the sides read out??

ajsccfc

At some point the quote tags have been broken by someone, there's one close tag missing.

CJ_covblaze

I hid in the toilets until the stewards had left so I could stay in the ground all night just to ensure I was the best City fan in the world ever.

harvey098

Your a complete twat

Nothing worse than people "slagging off our own fans" though eh?!

And I have actually never slagged off our own fans, even on this thread. I just said I don't understand it/has an effect on the players.

Nick

Administrator
I usually wait until the whistle, clap for a minute or so then walk down before the rush.

covcity4life

for fuck sake who cares,its up to them, maybe they beat the traffic maybe they miss a goal,either way its their decision to make

its not like the people leaving cost us injury time goal

hill83

Be interested to know.

For those who park in Tesco's car park and stay right until the final whistle, how long does it take you to get out?

We parked in the Burger King car park and it took about 25 minutes to get out

Astute

So you are a shit supporter if you don't go to the game. And you are a shit supporter if time is tight and you have to leave 5 minutes early. So if time is tight you might as well not bother going.

Kingokings204

So you are a shit supporter if you don't go to the game. And you are a shit supporter if time is tight and you have to leave 5 minutes early. So if time is tight you might as well not bother going.

And therefore cost the club revenue money and therefore the product on the pitch. Makes perfect sense doesn't it.

shmmeee

I go when and if i want and if i choose to leave early (which i dont) its got fuck all to do with anyone ...its my life and as far as i know we live in a democracy not a communist dictator state.. Pusb

How was your 13th birthday? Did you get the pokemon cake you wanted?

Astute

And therefore cost the club revenue money and therefore the product on the pitch. Makes perfect sense doesn't it.

It seems to for some.

I never leave early unless I have to. But I will never have a go at someone who does. I was watching the highlights from the Swindon game a few days ago with my little boy. He spotted us after the first goal. We were easy to see. I am the idiot in the middle at the back wearing just a football top in the pouring rain freezing cold. My fingers had started to turn blue. I couldn't even celebrate the goal properly as we were standing at the top of the steps with me holding him. My little boy was so cold that he wanted to go after 5 minutes. So I gave him my coat. We stayed to the whistle. Quite a few left at half time. Can you imagine the uproar if some on here had witnessed that? But I am a poor supporter as I didn't stay to applaud the team off.

harvey098

Fair enough, I'll drop it now. Each to their own and at least we're winning. It's a good time to be a cov fan :) PUSB

chiefdave

You have to be careful leaving games early

[video=youtube;LFKVH5JWh6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFKVH5JWh6c[/video]

SkyBlueAde

So frustrating - so what if you get home 10-15 minutes later.. So demorilising seeing streams of people leaving when you're team is two goals up.
With 11,000 people in a stadium, there's always going to be a few with valid reasons to leave early. At least they came!

ajsccfc

If people do decide to leave though, get moving. It's the people who make to leave and then just stand by the exit blocking the view of everyone behind them and the exit of others actually trying to get past.

Nick

Administrator
If people do decide to leave though, get moving. It's the people who make to leave and then just stand by the exit blocking the view of everyone behind them and the exit of others actually trying to get past.

I swear they used to show the game on TVs in the concourse, so you could watch it on there.

skyblueinBaku

You have to be careful leaving games early

[video=youtube;LFKVH5JWh6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFKVH5JWh6c[/video]

Thanks for posting that, Dave. I've not heard it before. It's hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread