Fans leaving before the end again (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Its not people leaving early that frustrates me, its the people arriving late who come in, block your view when they're shuffling through the rows. Happened last night and i missed Kent's goal!

Speedies_Chips

Its not people leaving early that frustrates me, its the people arriving late who come in, block your view when they're shuffling through the rows. Happened last night and i missed Kent's goal!

They should do what they do at the cricket. Make you wait until the end of the over. Don't know what the footy equivalent would be.

Otis

This thread is a bit silly and moaning at fans leaving early is very daft too.

Why not moan at the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of fans who go down for a pint early before half time?

Surely much, much worse. I have seen people go down to the mall on 35 or 36 mins, sometimes even earlier. Many don't come back then until 1 or 2 mins into the 2nd half.

Are you saying it's worse for someone to miss 3 mins of the game rather than 12 or 13 mins of the game?

Would appreciate it very much if you start booing those who go down for a beer, fag or drink early please! Thanks in anticipation.

Buster

Dissapointing to see a flow of fans leaving before the vfinal whistle but didnt think it would arouse this much passion on the forum . Perhaps people are feeling guilty ? I love to see the time spent by players ,coming over to the fans at the end it shows a real connection with the terraces. Its a two way street!

luwalla

i say congrats to them for coming out on a cold rainy tuesday night !

If they need / want to leave early for whatever reason, like maybe getting kids home on a school night, or getting up for work the next morning, or commuting back for hours to whichever part of the country they came from ( not everyone in the ricoh lives 5 mins down the road ) then fair enough, they made the effort in the first place - lets try and encourage the ones who dont come at all, rather than having a pop at the ones that are !!

Otis

i say congrats to them for coming out on a cold rainy tuesday night !

If they need / want to leave early for whatever reason, like maybe getting kids home on a school night, or getting up for work the next morning, or commuting back for hours to whichever part of the country they came from ( not everyone in the ricoh lives 5 mins down the road ) then fair enough, they made the effort in the first place - lets try and encourage the ones who dont come at all, rather than having a pop at the ones that are !!

Well said that man.

I think modern football is to blame too, to a degree. How many games nowadays end up with a team just taking the ball down by the corner flags trying to kill time? It's frustrating and not pleasing to the eye. I personally don't even like the City to do it if we're winning. Obviously though it's much, much worse if it's the oppsosition team killing time.

I'm pretty sure that if both teams went at it hammer and tongue for the entire 90 mins a lot more people would stay.

Some leave cause they want to and some leave because the have to. Really unfair booing people as a job lot and grouping them altogether.

Also, last night there were 6 mins of added time. Very much a factor too I would have thought for people who needed to be elsewhere at a given time.

shmmeee

Well the team were winning so the boo boys had to turn their attention somewhere

The boo boys have been hilarious. Only 16 games and we've had about 10 different players. Burge, Stokes, Murphy, Kent, even Armstrong for a bit. Lameiras or Philips looks like he'll be next.

I don't think they can handle a successful team.

harvey098

I haven't heard any booing of any of our players this season? I have heard ironic cheering when Murphy played a pass to feet and ironic cheers when burge caught a cross. I think generally the feeling from the fans has been really positive

letsallsingtogether

A complete misspelling isn't dyslexia. It's just not knowing how something is spelt.
Ark at the English teacher,
Is that the best you can do pick up on spelling mistakes....
You can always tell when someone is losing an argument, they have to find something else to fault...

PUSB.

letsallsingtogether

I haven't heard any booing of any of our players this season? I have heard ironic cheering when Murphy played a pass to feet and ironic cheers when burge caught a cross. I think generally the feeling from the fans has been really positive
They booed the team at half time on Saturday, you could hear it in the lobby, does that count?

hill83

Ark at the English teacher,
Is that the best you can do pick up on spelling mistakes....
You can always tell when someone is losing an argument, they have to find something else to fault...

PUSB.

Ha ha! Me and him weren't even arguing. We agreed about the leaving early issue. Try reading the thread.

Specs WT-R75

Be interested to know.

For those who park in Tesco's car park and stay right until the final whistle, how long does it take you to get out?

It depends where you park. If you get in early enough and park in the two closest rows to stadium, then on average it's about 5 minutes to get out. If you are in the middle can be 30m+

Majority of the time I get in early and go do the shopping for the Mrs before the game...even though I've never been checked for the last couple of years.

chiefdave

I park at the Three Horse Shoes, although the buggers have put the price up. 10 - 15 min walk back to the car and then straight out.

Gazolba

Confession: I didn't leave early, but I thought about it.

SonofErnie

The funniest and most memorable case of fans leaving early was the famous league cup game in 1990, when as far as I could tell from my vantage point, almost half the Forest fans left the ground with their team 4 nil down after half an hour. By all accounts a sizable number begged to be let back in when the score got back to 4-3 just before half time.

That occasion alone taught me never to take a result for granted and to stay on to the bitter end. That said I would never criticise anyone who does, it's a free country after all!

oscillatewildly

Confession: I didn't leave early, but I thought about it.
Did you have a note ready just in case? And counter signed by the correct person of relevant authority? Come on people, we need to cut out these moments of hesitancy - They'll only lead to pointless threads.

oscillatewildly

The funniest and most memorable case of fans leaving early was the famous league cup game in 1990, when as far as I could tell from my vantage point, almost half the Forest fans left the ground with their team 4 nil down after half an hour. By all accounts a sizable number begged to be let back in when the score got back to 4-3 just before half time.

That occasion alone taught me never to take a result for granted and to stay on to the bitter end. That said I would never criticise anyone who does, it's a free country after all!
I was working nights that evening but I've heard similar accounts over the years about those forest fans.
The most embarrassing example tho must surely go to those scousers who left the stadium at HT during the 2005 CL final. Some were even giving interviews to camera about 'The dream being over'. They, and the ones caught on camera in the background, scuttling away will never be able to maintain they stayed until the end to witness without question, the most remarkable game in their club's history.

letsallsingtogether

I was their that night it was really funny especially at the end when we won.

Calista

I park at the Three Horse Shoes, although the buggers have put the price up. 10 - 15 min walk back to the car and then straight out.

It takes me far longer than that – but then again, I’m not one of those part-time supporters who leave before the match finishes ;)

letsallsingtogether

Ha ha. Fail. No doubt you'd say 'wasn't'. Ha ha
So what if I had, all I am saying is that certain people on here try to make out that they are better educated because they have noticed a spelling mistake.
Funny really when the likes of Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill and even Agatha Christie were all known to be bad spellers.

hill83

So what if I had, all I am saying is that certain people on here try to make out that they are better educated because they have noticed a spelling mistake.
Funny really when the likes of Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill and even Agatha Christie were all known to be bad spellers.

I didn't point out the spelling mistake initially to be fair. And it wasn't used as part of an argument as you suggested. And your error would be a grammatical error not a spelling mistake.

PUSB

Edit: I went to Barrs Hill, I'm barely educated!

Last edited:

Calista

No problem with people getting out before the rush if they need to. But to repeat what others have said, I find it incredible that anyone could go halfway down the gangway and then just stand right in front of people to watch the action. Last night, quite a few people including kids near me missed the penalty incident at the end because of that. OK, it was the other team, but it would have been just the same if Armstrong had completed his hat-trick with a 30-yard scorcher. If you’ve got to go just go, and try to do it when the match has paused for some reason.

letsallsingtogether

I didn't point out the spelling mistake initially to be fair. And it wasn't used as part of an argument as you suggested. And your error would be a grammatical error not a spelling mistake.

PUSB

Edit: I went to Barrs Hill, I'm barely educated!

Ha I went to Stinger for a couple of years it did me the world of good.

letsallsingtogether

No problem with people getting out before the rush if they need to. But to repeat what others have said, I find it incredible that anyone could go halfway down the gangway and then just stand right in front of people to watch the action. Last night, quite a few people including kids near me missed the penalty incident at the end because of that. OK, it was the other team, but it would have been just the same if Armstrong had completed his hat-trick with a 30-yard scorcher. If you’ve got to go just go, and try to do it when the match has paused for some reason.

Well every game you get people leaving at half time?
You can understand the ones that have really young kids but most haven't.

percy

some folk moan about anything. plenty to moan about regards the football but would rather choose to have a pop at fellow fans for wanting to get home. typical !!!

Otis

some folk moan about anything. plenty to moan about regards the football but would rather choose to have a pop at fellow fans for wanting to get home. typical !!!

No, you're wrong Percy. We are 4th in the table, have the top scorer in the league, a great manager, have just won 2 on the bounce and have just scored 7 goals in 2 games. Focusing on fans leaving early is obviously the way to go and top priotrity here.

stevefloyd

Something tells me and maybe i am just being a tad sensitive here but Otis i think you're being sarcastic

Users who are viewing this thread