Eviction notice (2 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Worst case scenario we’ll sign up to the offered agreement until 2023.

at which point whoever currently owns us will sell to Ashley. See what league we’re in

nicksar

So Fraser's group are only offering a licence at increased rental until the end of the season..... I don't have the knowledge re how the football club stand legally re the existing arrangement but surely they can't accept what's on offer?.
Sad day.... hopefully Andy Street and CCC can step in to sort this out.

skybluepm2

‘We were surprised to learn of this intention by Frasers Group, given that discussions with Coventry City prior to the completion of their purchase of the Arena led us to understand the existing terms would continue unchanged with Frasers Group as the new owners of the Arena.’

probably before they realised you were trying to shaft his stadium deal at the 11th hour..

Nick

Administrator
‘We were surprised to learn of this intention by Frasers Group, given that discussions with Coventry City prior to the completion of their purchase of the Arena led us to understand the existing terms would continue unchanged with Frasers Group as the new owners of the Arena.’

probably before they realised you were trying to shaft his stadium deal at the 11th hour..

What I don't get is why it is "his" stadium deal?

twistandshout

Let's run with this. What advantage to SISU would there be for them to not sign it, in this instance? Also, is the deal still for the same time period, or is it for longer?
If it is Sisu signing the lease, they would probably rather wait for King to be cleared by the EFL checks and let him sign it.
If as rumours are to be believed they have run out of money committing to a long lease would not suit Sisu, but would King.

Nick

Administrator
Sisu are finished , King will never buy us now , and those wankers will finally have to start negotiating a way out

Weirdos

Are SISU finished though? People will be wanking over CCFC going into admin thinking that.

SISU won't be finished.

alexccfc99

Still can’t believe that people thought a man who is universally despised by two football clubs with ginormous fanbases sniffing round CCFC was welcome news

Feel like this is going to be the moment all the hard work done by MR in the last 5 years is undone - Extremely worrying development

Paxman II

I warned previously that he would cancel the lease.

I seriously hope this is a play for the club, as I can't see what he would do with a stadium remaining empty. The council gave assurances that the Fraser group would honour the football clubs tenure, and the Fraser group said the same. verbally agreeing is a contract these days. I feel that would be a big marker if it goes to court.

It will distress the club short term and cause all sorts of problems. IF this is a ploy to aquire the football club, scuppering the as yet not completed deal by King, then this is a hard ass attitude to take.

Maybe it's just a formality blown out of proportion. Did fraser group rewrite the lease contract for CCFC and required it signing by a given date or an eviction notice will be the standard leagl process?
It's very confusing and not ideal by any of the parties in this saga.

It has to remain a stadium and it is a 250 year lease, Fraser Group do not own it remember. So unless fraser group have a team that can play there up their sleeve and capable of 20k fans every other week, I can't see what this is about other than silly legal games, to either obtain the club or increase the sub rental by some margin.

I think Mark Robin's might just be wondering if it's all worthwhile at this point...

The only way this club doesn't collapse now is if sisu sell to ashley , we can't survive long term ground shares again and administration would see sisu get fuck all return anyway ..

It's time to finally do the right thing and just go ffs , agree to take the vik money or whatever and just fuck off we need a fresh start
But I've still not seen anything concrete that Ashley is interested in us.

Just some lazy connections because he has purchased the arena. I'm sure Ashley owns plenty of property but doesn't own the businesses that lease them from him.

What an incredibly stupid and childish statement.

Frasers as owners of the arena, it is their gift to be able to demand what they want for us to continue to play there. To publicly cry about being asked to pay more is rather embarrassing.

The previous agreement is void. We either pay what Frasers find acceptable, or we don't play there. My understanding is we had quite a good deal under Wasps.

We always seem to seek to blame others rather than ourselves. Had we of actually signed a proper lease instead of a licence then we wouldn't now be in this position. We obviously signed a licence cos it benefitted us. We can't now publicly cry because it no longer suits us.

Sisu are embarrassing.

Sick Boy

Frasers as owners of the arena, it is their gift to be able to demand what they want for us to continue to play there. To publicly cry about being asked to pay more is rather embarrassing.

The previous agreement is void. We either pay what Frasers find acceptable, or we don't play there. My understanding is we had quite a good deal under Wasps.

We always seem to seek to blame others rather than ourselves. Had we of actually signed a proper lease instead of a licence then we wouldn't now be in this position. We obviously signed a licence cos it benefitted us. We can't now publicly cry because it no longer suits us.

Sisu are embarrassing.
Strange accounts signing up to push an agenda are more embarrassing.

better days

When is a tenancy not a tenancy?
When it's a license, not a lease... or so I'm told...
CCFC's statement confirms that we had a licence
I'm involved in a few commercial tenancies some of which are leases and some licences
A lease gives legal rights and obligations to both sides, each of whom usually have a solicitor representing them in the negotiations
Most licences depend heavily on goodwill on both sides
I've often heard them described as 'not worth the paper they're written on'

NorthernWisdom

Are SISU finished though? People will be wanking over CCFC going into admin thinking that.

SISU won't be finished.
Problem is what are the consequences if they are, too. I said way back when I thought she'd liquidate rather than just hand a club over, as it'd be better for her in other negotiations elsewhere. I'd still like to continue to be wrong on that(!) but the choices do seem to be we're seriously in the shit, or we're handed over to some morally bankrupt shyster who's quite happy to play with the club and the fans to get what he wants.

Not sure there's a 'win' in this, more a 'not quite as bad a loss'!

SKYBLUES90

Hilarious people still going on about King

The bloke wont, and was never going too, take us over

Even more so now

Yep. Timings all too convenient, announced the day before the ACL court case. It’s all smoke and mirrors from SISU.

Honestly at this point I just give up, Ashley/SISU might see this as a game of chess but it’s us fans that get shafted yet again.

richnrg

Everything seems to come as a shock to Joy and her idiots, I am amazed this woman has ever made any money seems a total amateur.
when I think of her and her shitty team I imagine the first few episodes of a new series of 'The Apprentice', where a bunch of self-deluded idiots with absolutely no business/common sense take it in turns to spout absolute bollocks.

Nick

Administrator
But I've still not seen anything concrete that Ashley is interested in us.

Just some lazy connections because he has purchased the arena. I'm sure Ashley owns plenty of property but doesn't own the businesses that lease them from him.

Sisu are embarrassing.

Nearly as embarrassing as your account on here.

Users who are viewing this thread