Everton Points Deduction? (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Seems incredibly harsh given what Man City, Chelsea, etc have gotten away with.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

While I'd love to see Everton come down, not like this. Partly because I think there are other teams that have broken the rules far worse and partly because I don't want them having the excuse they'd have stayed up without it.

Part of me thinks that maybe the authorities think they'll be good enough to stay up this season even with the deduction. Last season they wouldn't.

Nick

Administrator
While I'd love to see Everton come down, not like this. Partly because I think there are other teams that have broken the rules far worse and partly because I don't want them having the excuse they'd have stayed up without it.

Part of me thinks that maybe the authorities think they'll be good enough to stay up this season even with the deduction. Last season they wouldn't.
Whether a team stays up or not shouldn't come into it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Whether a team stays up or not shouldn't come into it
Of course it shouldn't, but you could definitely see the authorities trying to help a big, historic club like Everton by puting the penalties on when they're least likely to have a massive repercussion

The watchmaker

Does it though? With the three teams that went up being so bad i can't see them going down so I see this as no punishment at all. Probably wrecked their Champions League chances but otherwise - nothing.

MalcSB

They haven’t got away with anything yet as they are both still under investigation. If this is the benchmark, if found guilty Man City should be deducted an enormous number of points for the 115 breaches being looked at.

As an aside, I’ve never liked Man City - mainly because of Francis Lee. There was just something about him.

Flying Fokker

Does it though? With the three teams that went up being so bad i can't see them going down so I see this as no punishment at all. Probably wrecked their Champions League chances but otherwise - nothing.
It’s a nail biter. Everton’s last 2 season relegation fights came at the wrong time for this sanction.

wingy

Well I guess they'll be making the point all the others do it in one form or another, I mean we had the same for a different reason didn't we?

Users who are viewing this thread