England approach Roy Hodgson (1 Viewer)

Otis

Roy Hodgson next England manager

SSN saying FA to speak to him and have no-one else lined up to speak to.

Gaz

To be honest I wouldn't mind him as England manager, but would still want Harry as my first pick of the bunch.

cornoccfc

Bet Spurs fans are delighted, derailed their season all this 'Arry for England talk

Otis

Good choice in my eyes and he has of course already managed at international level.

Otis

SSN now saying though Hodgson has been the only manager approached, they think they may interview others as well, so Harry Redknapp is probably still in the reckoning.

stupot07

I think it's a good choice, rather him than 'arry. He's got international and tournament experience.

Grendel

Does anyone think West Brom will try and take Thorn off us? Better get him signed up on a long deal so we can get the compensation.

Grendel

I think it's a good choice, rather him than 'arry. He's got international and tournament experience.

Agreed though I suspect we will be in the minority. He is used to tournaments and will fit into the whole set-up well. The only issue will be if he fails the stick he will get as he is not the peoples choice.

beduth

What has Redknapp EVER DONE , apart from taking Pompey to Wembley , he admits himself that he can`t send e-mails, fill team sheets , use computers use ATMs (he has a bank account in his dogs name) , reading on Sky letters page 459 even some his own spurs fans don`t want him down at the lane .The guys an embarrasment to his proffession . The Met Police didn`t spend £8 million on a case they thought they coud lose, the jury must have been selected from a handfull of his loyal spurs fans .
Bring it on RH

classicfooty

where were tottenham before he took over? an embarrasment to his profession? thorn,strachan,dowie,boothroyd,reid or harry?????????????//:thinking about:

rob9872

And won fk all!

Wouldn't be my choice. The players are coached regularly and should know how to perform, what they need is character giving them confidence togetherness and making them enjoy it. Too much emphasis on tactical nouse at this level imo and the peoples choice is always the way forward. El Tel, Keegan and this should have been Arry. If Sven and Capello can't achieve with the so called golden generation, then it shows they don't have a massive tactical influence at international level. I think as always there will be the usual suspects at the business end of a major competition (with the odd exception ala Greece) and you need that bit of luck to get you over the line. Some instilled character might just make the difference and imo Hodgson has the charisma of a lettuce.

rob9872

Tbf I would even prefer somone like Olly in charge. He may be a typical Sun readers choice in the Mike Bassett mould, but I'm sure he could make the team respond.

beduth

What i mean by embarrasment , was the that he lied through his teeth in the High Court , he`s a typical Cockney Wide Boy .(couldn`t lie straight in bed ).

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hodgson??? What??? No way! Look how he bought Liverpool all that success!! :whistle:

rob9872

Better record then "King Kenny".

I think he was the best English candidate. Far better then 'arry.

Kenny has a win rate at Liverpool this spell of 48.57 (first time 60.87)
Roy's was 41.94
Kenny has also won silverware and may do so again next week

How exactly is that better?

RH despite being dull can not even back it up with major trophies. He has only ever won in Sweden and Denmark which tbf is probably on par with the SPL

Houchens Head

Can't agree Marty. At the time, Liverpool were on their knees when Hodgson left. At least they perked up when Dalglish took over. Not doing well now, but we're talking Hodgson days, not Dalglish.

Marty

Kenny has a win rate at Liverpool this spell of 48.57 (first time 60.87)
Roy's was 41.94
Kenny has also won silverware and may do so again next week

How exactly is that better?

RH despite being dull can not even back it up with major trophies. He has only ever won in Sweden and Denmark which tbf is probably on par with the SPL

Oh so close, and they won the league cup which no one else is interested in tbf, not like it was the prem.

rob9872

Oh so close, and they won the league cup which no one else is interested in tbf, not like it was the prem.

Close? they are hugely different. Also look at the teams in the latter stages of the cups and I think you will find there are manyt team sinterested. Also the FA CUP final next weekend. Are you on drugs?

Houchens Head

Jeez Marty! I bet you love Man Utd as well! :D

rob9872

Prem hardly likely. Tehy are starting from a much lower platform. Probably should be top 6 but no way they have a better squad than any of the CL sides and even when in there it isn't easy (even with bottomless pockets) as Man City have discovered. It will be a decade at least before they can challenge for the title againb regardless of who they have in charge.

Marty

Close? they are hugely different. Also look at the teams in the latter stages of the cups and I think you will find there are manyt team sinterested. Also the FA CUP final next weekend. Are you on drugs?

Not really that different, probably 5 or 6 wins/losses in it? I don't rate a manager who spent 75 mill, on Carroll, Henderson & Downing whats the problem?? Lets be honest they have concentrated on the cups as they know they aren't up to the league challenge.

rob9872

Not really that different, probably 5 or 6 wins/losses in it? I don't rate a manager who spent 75 mill, on Carroll, Henderson & Downing whats the problem?? Lets be honest they have concentrated on the cups as they know they aren't up to the league challenge.

Conveniently forgetting the £50m in for Torres. Everyone knows Carroll was overpriced but it was based on the money they took in, the timescale of the move and the fact that at the time he was the highest scoring English player in the league. They will never compete in the league without serious investment and can't even attract the players to accelerate them to tha tlevel until they are playing CL footabll. £50m net spend ist' that much these days sad as it may be.

Marty

Conveniently forgetting the £50m in for Torres. Everyone knows Carroll was overpriced but it was based on the money they took in, the timescale of the move and the fact that at the time he was the highest scoring English player in the league. They will never compete in the league without serious investment and can't even attract the players to accelerate them to tha tlevel until they are playing CL footabll. £50m net spend ist' that much these days sad as it may be.

Not forgetting the torres deal, just because you have money doesn't mean you blow it on an over rated, over priced donkey. Being honest, Liverpool have wasted money for years, and king kenny is carrying on with that record. I hate Liverpool and there awful, self pitting fans.

Tad

I don't think it really matters who we have as the manager. We simply don't develop or use enough Brits in the top flight to compete on the international stage. We'll probably get just past the group stages or lose in them. Think that's pretty good for us and where the team are at the moment.

Wish we could have an import quota or a minimum Brits on field quota in the Premier league. It would benefit the international team greatly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread