He wears it all the time.
He wears his shirt with pride,
He wears it on his chest
Ellis is our hero,
He is the f**king best

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mmttww

People have short memories and don't get how simple things are with MR and AV. Not every player will work but the pattern's the same.

We sign players, we improve them. O'Hare didn't start straight away. Hamer had more cards than assists or goals, Vik looked mediocre.

Simms, MvE and Wright will still take time to hit MR's level and adapt, but less than in the past. Assume higher fee means less work needed.

theferret

One thing I can be sure of is that Ellis Simms is not reading the Ellis Simms thread on SBT. As long as he is getting support from the stands (which he is), then why are people getting so upset at some of the criticism on here? Why do people take it so personally?

I think he'll come good, just a matter of time, but it's not been the best of starts for him. Why do moderately critical observations seem to bring people out in a rash?

its a buzzard

One thing I can be sure of is that Ellis Simms is not reading the Ellis Simms thread on SBT. As long as he is getting support from the stands (which he is), then why are people getting so upset at some of the criticism on here? Why do people take it so personally?

I think he'll come good, just a matter of time, but it's not been the best of starts for him. Why do moderately critical observations seem to bring people out in a rash?
I'd say "garbage" is a bit more than moderately critical.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

croatskyblue

its not moderately critical

Terry_dactyl

Oddly I thought about Ferguson as well - he’s clearly a lot more mobile on the ground than Ferguson

It’s clear he needs goals to be a success - reaction against him is very strong from some after just a few games
Ferguson was before my time but the Bloke I was sat next to made the comparison with Simms also.

ccfcricoh

I'd have started Simms again on Saturday, dropping him so soon will only dent his confidence, and it was working well bringing Wright on against tired legs. Wright hardly set the world on fire on Saturday either.

They'll both take time to get going and will be interesting to see how the selection goes if Godden keeps playing as he is.

Hopefully a Simms goal against his former club and he'll be up and running!

AFCCOVENTRY

I'd have started Simms again on Saturday, dropping him so soon will only dent his confidence, and it was working well bringing Wright on against tired legs. Wright hardly set the world on fire on Saturday either.

They'll both take time to get going and will be interesting to see how the selection goes if Godden keeps playing as he is.

Godden realises he’s got a fight on his hands with £10m worth of new strikers here. It’s upped his game and I like it.

Hobo

He’s lacking confidence and getting used to different players, system, tactics etc.

He’ll absolutely come good.

He isn’t Vik, we’ll likely not have a figurehead like him for a long long time, he was a unicorn and we shouldn’t be comparing anyone to him. That’s part of the reason for the negativity IMO.

We shouldn't see any player as a replacement for a previous player. We should see them as an alternative. They should not be judged on what another player may or may not have done in any given situation. People soon forget the indifferent games Vik and Hamer sometimes had. Form fluctuates it is natural. The most important thing is the collective performance of the team. What that comprises of will vary from week to week.

CCFC88

A bit of perspective maybe, he's made 2 league starts against defences who have earned their crust defending Haaland and Kane in recent years and the other made the great Viktor Gyokores look fairly pedestrian for 270mins recently.

He was part of an attacking collective that created enough chances to choke a donkey against the former and beat the other 3-0.

Some of the chances he has had it feels he's playing it a bit safe, hitting the target as opposed to looking for the corners, it'll come and when it does it'll be beautiful

CCFC88

Godden will inevitably miss game time and then we will see a Wright/Simms partnership. We will also see 2 10s in behind a lone striker once CoH is back up and running, I think Simms would excel in that role

Hobo

Godden will inevitably miss game time and then we will see a Wright/Simms partnership. We will also see 2 10s in behind a lone striker once CoH is back up and running, I think Simms would excel in that role

Yes and I think the signings so far show MR is looking to have more flexibility and options in how we set up. Bringing in players with more versatility or just different to what we have had before. Not saying we are not going to stick with what is tried and tested. But sometimes you need to change because the game isn't going to plan or an away day may just require a different approach.

hamertime

So you can’t drop a player because it might upset him😂😂

What would that say to Wright who banged one in the game before, surely he would have more of a grievance.

Thankfully Robins picks players who deserve to be played regardless of upsetting someone.

ccfcricoh

So you can’t drop a player because it might upset him😂😂

What would that say to Wright who banged one in the game before, surely he would have more of a grievance.

Thankfully Robins picks players who deserve to be played regardless of upsetting someone.
is that what i said?

I'd say to Wright, well done mate, do the same next time i sub you on. He hardly played a blinder did he

hamertime

is that what i said?

I'd say to Wright, well done mate, do the same next time i sub you on. He hardly played a blinder did he
Yeah, you said you’d have started Simms as you wouldn’t want to knock his confidence dropping him.

You must have the blinkers on if you think he’s been better than Wright.

ccfcricoh

Yeah, you said you’d have started Simms as you wouldn’t want to knock his confidence dropping him.

You must have the blinkers on if you think he’s been better than Wright.
i havent said he's better than Wright either, go and argue with yourself and throw darts at a picture of Simms for all i care

are you telling me that our top 2 looked better on Saturday with Wright starting and Simms coming on, than it did a week ago the other way round? let me know

hamertime

I’ve got nothing against Simms, I’m praying he smashes it.

I’m just saying things how I see them with my own eyes not what it’s fashionable to say or to impress people.

At the minute I’ve seen nothing that I like I really hope it gets better.

Hobo

The thing is combinations can work differently from week to week. Sometimes due to the opposition, sometimes just because the way the game unfolds. Sometimes it works just because there has been a change and the opponent hasn't adapted quickly enough.

How often do you hear fans trotting out the line when the sub comes on and scores "He should have started.". Well it's not that simple and often wouldn't have worked.

ccfcricoh

I’ve got nothing against Simms, I’m praying he smashes it.

I’m just saying things how I see them with my own eyes not what it’s fashionable to say or to impress people.

At the minute I’ve seen nothing that I like I really hope it gets better.
nothing against him but you think he's shit - cool, i disagree

Hobo

Three striker scenarios:

1. You start and expect to play the full game.
2. You start but plan is to sub you around 70 mins.
3. You are coming on as sub for last 20 to 30mins.

Your mindset and approach to the game will be different for each scenario. Your intensity, how much running you can do, can you afford to drop in and out of game, can you target different areas of the pitch? Sometimes the balance within in the game dictates how you play? Are you chasing a game or protecting a lead?

SkyblueTexan

One more week to try to get our 8M back....lol ;)

Saddlebrains

Played well today imo , can't think of much he did wrong .. the service to our front line today overall was wank

I watched him intently for a bit to see if i was being harsh.

He just fucking ambles about. His choice of run is shocking. Never in the channels, never off the shoulder. Looks like bambi on ice when he does get it. There was a moment where Sheaf was itching to play hom through, simms went, stopped, went stopped, dallyed about leading to the chance going and Sheaf having to turn back

A few times after that both Sheaf and Eccles turned back after going forward due to Simms piss poor movement

Wright is way better at this point. And Goddens putting the pair of them to shame

shmmeee

Yeah he was really let down by poor service and a selfish strike partner today TBH from what I saw. Makes smart runs and isn’t seen. MvE does the same. Needs players with vision and the ability to play those balls. LCB and a CM as well as Lats and Eccles have played.

AOM

I thought he was okay today, looked more up for it and made some decent runs, but our players didn't look up and spot it. Hopefully gets another start next weekend

hill83

I watched him intently for a bit to see if i was being harsh.

He just fucking ambles about. His choice of run is shocking. Never in the channels, never off the shoulder. Looks like bambi on ice when he does get it. There was a moment where Sheaf was itching to play hom through, simms went, stopped, went stopped, dallyed about leading to the chance going and Sheaf having to turn back

A few times after that both Sheaf and Eccles turned back after going forward due to Simms piss poor movement

Wright is way better at this point. And Goddens putting the pair of them to shame

All joking aside. I don’t agree at all. One thing I did notice though, he does make runs in behind but the ball never finds him. Almost like he’s not trusted by anyone.

Wright is an absolute lightweight. Got bullied a few times.

Saddlebrains

All joking aside. I don’t agree at all. One thing I did notice though, he does make runs in behind but the ball never finds him. Almost like he’s not trusted by anyone.

Wright is an absolute lightweight. Got bullied a few times.

Happy to agree to disagree, maybe my expectations were too high, but for me I am not keen at all. I dont see what he brings. Wright at least is very direct

With the signing of Ayari, could we return to the box? We have him, Tats, Palmer, O'Hare, playing off and feeding Simms / Wright with Godden to come on if we need to change to 2 up top?

Marty

Yeah he was really let down by poor service and a selfish strike partner today TBH from what I saw. Makes smart runs and isn’t seen. MvE does the same. Needs players with vision and the ability to play those balls. LCB and a CM as well as Lats and Eccles have played.

Agree, MVE makes the run for the switch from DaSilva or Lats but it never comes, it works it's way slowly across the back 3, and he's then out of position for the he ball from Thomas. I'd give Binks a game to see if it's a bit better. The final balls into the front 2 are terrible. The forwards have got no chance with the current set up.

Users who are viewing this thread