Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (4 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Typical bed wetters response.

No ones writing him off, no ones saying he won't be the answer.

People are just saying he's been poor so far.
That's fair comment. He's the only new signing that hasn't shown promise yet, but that may come. (Hopefully soon)
He was given a chance today, against a team he should of been motivated for, but he failed to impress. He can't blame MR for not giving him a chance.

Now stop jumping up and down, stop pulling your hair out, and just calm down.

My point is, give the lad a chance. I had people around me today moaning ‘do something’ after 20 mins, some on here saying he’s shite. The guys not messi. Give him service and support and he’ll be fine

Covcraig@bury

This is one of them threads that come back to haunt many at the end of the season 🤣🤣🥰
Let’s hope so , and I will hold my hand up and personally apologise to Ellis for saying what I thought at the beginning of the season, eat humble pie and show my arse on the town hall steps .

fatso

My point is, give the lad a chance. I had people around me today moaning ‘do something’ after 20 mins, some on here saying he’s shite. The guys not messi. Give him service and support and he’ll be fine
I'm sure he will, his issue is (imo) that MR needs results, and may well bring another striker in before the window closes,
if that happens Simms may well find himself 4th choice, which isn't ideal given his price tag.

It wouldn't be the end of the world for him as he's still very young, and he may actually benefit by having some time out of the spotlight and some extra time on the training ground to find his feet here.

Astute

Let’s hope so , and I will hold my hand up and personally apologise to Ellis for saying what I thought at the beginning of the season, eat humble pie and show my arse on the town hall steps .
Quick pin this thread 🤣🤣🤣

Sick Boy

I'm sure he will, his issue is (imo) that MR needs results, and may well bring another striker in before the window closes,
if that happens Simms may well find himself 4th choice, which isn't ideal given his price tag.

It wouldn't be the end of the world for him as he's still very young, and he may actually benefit by having some time out of the spotlight and some extra time on the training ground to find his feet here.
Didn’t Wright cost 3 times the amount of Simms, yet there doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the same pressure?

fatso

Didn’t Wright cost 3 times the amount of Simms, yet there doesn’t seem to be anywhere near the same pressure?
Yes, but Wright has a goal and an assist in less minutes than Simms has had.

Wright has also forced 2 good saves from keepers, and put the defenders under a lot of pressure.

You could see he woried the shit out of O'nien today, who'd had a piss easy day up to then despite getting an early yellow card.

Wright is also the closest thing to Gyokeres (although not as good yet)

Saddlebrains

Far more love for him as well, even little things like he has a song and Simms doesn’t. He is still young and needs time.

Wright has a lot more about him at the moment. For a start he harries down from the front, O Nien shit his pants when Wright came on.

Wright is more mobile, more direct, quicker feet and makes runs quicker than Simms

Simms has scored for fun at Sunderland and Hearts so clearly a player there, but at the minute it's like the second coming of Tyler Fucking Walker. I really hope he can turn it on soon

Brighton Sky Blue

Have to be honest, I'm stunned by a lot of the comments on today's game. We have a lot of new players combined with the loss of Hamer a week into the season, it isn't going to click for some time.

What is missing above anything else is the kind of interplay that you get with more cohesion in the squad. That funnily enough takes time to build.

SkyblueTexan

Listen all: I really hope Simms comes good soon and start scoring so that I can and everyone else can shut up and celebrate his goals. I know I have been critical of him and as someone else has stated here, i think Wright doesn't get as much flak is because he's already opened his account, was unlucky not to score against Leicester and overall has shown to be more lethal in less time on the pitch than Simms. I think the expectation/anticipation levels of everyone else here is higher this season based on the fact that we've improved season on season. In our first season back in the Championship, we were just hoping to avoid the drop and there was less pressure or expectation on the part of the players. So if Vik didn't start scoring right after he joined us, we didn't probably make a big deal of it.

skybluecam

Simms is shite in almost every way and will have to improve significantly even to be an at all valuable member of the squad.

Martin180

Have to be honest, I'm stunned by a lot of the comments on today's game. We have a lot of new players combined with the loss of Hamer a week into the season, it isn't going to click for some time.

What is missing above anything else is the kind of interplay that you get with more cohesion in the squad. That funnily enough takes time to build.
Been watching the Burnley programme about last season and they started very slowly but once they clicked they were great to watch and hard to beat. We will improve , even without the massive squad investment , we always finish the season strongly under Robins

AFCCOVENTRY

Vik joined us after hardly playing any football with Swansea, mainly sub appearances. That initial loan to us, I think he scored 3 goals in 18 odd games. Was alright. Many hear we’re surprised we then spent £1m odd on him. He then got a full pre season under his belt and hit the ground running the following season.

Simms was starting to find form in the first part of the 22/23 season with Sunderland. Got recalled by Everton and hardly played. Got a goal against Chelsea of course. He’s got a pre-season with us and he’s now getting game time again.

I honestly think there are some comparisons here with between the 2 players. It’s going to just take a little bit of time. I think by October onwards he will start to get into his stride. There is also an element where there are a lot of new players including himself who are trying to learn each others game.

Martin180

Vik joined us after hardly playing any football with Swansea, mainly sub appearances. That initial loan to us, I think he scored 3 goals in 18 odd games. Was alright. Many hear we’re surprised we then spent £1m odd on him. He then got a full pre season under his belt and hit the ground running the following season.

Simms was starting to find form in the first part of the 22/23 season with Sunderland. Got recalled by Everton and hardly played. Got a goal against Chelsea of course. He’s got a pre-season with us and he’s now getting game time again.

I honestly think there are some comparisons here with between the 2 players. It’s going to just take a little bit of time. I think by October onwards he will start to get into his stride. There is also an element where there are a lot of new players including himself who are trying to learn each others game.
I think if he gets the service he will score plenty , he isn’t a player that will link play or hold it up he wants the ball facing the goal and more balls delivered into the penalty area . He is a very natural finisher from what ive seen of him at in his career so far

Greggs

Hee-Haw Guitar GIF by Hugo.fm

Greggs

How long do we give him? Leon Clarke at 32 was a better player
I think if he gets the service he will score plenty , he isn’t a player that will link play or hold it up he wants the ball facing the goal and more balls delivered into the penalty area . He is a very natural finisher from what ive seen of him at in his career so far
Given the service, that old cliche. I'd score goals if they were served up on a plate....its a very tiring excuse.

Greggs

If da Silva would put the ball into the box early rather than fucking about with it he might have something to get on the end of

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Simms probably wasn't looking

Greggs

He will. Just needs time to settle. It's not just him coming in, it's coming into virtually a whole new team that are finding their feet.
Does that explain why hes had about 10 touches of the ball in 4 games? Everyone else seems to have settled and managed to touch the ball by now. Maybe he should ask to take throw ins.

Maverick

I don’t care about the reaction, waste of money! Everton rubbing their hands to the bank. Comparing him to vik who cost a fraction of the price is quite frankly ridiculous. Poor signing!

Greggs

I don’t care about the reaction, waste of money! Everton rubbing their hands to the bank. Comparing him to vik who cost a fraction of the price is quite frankly ridiculous. Poor signing!
But what about that goal he scored for Everton on the Sky Tv?

Greggs

Jerry Yates would have been a cheaper and better signing.

Users who are viewing this thread