Earlsdon (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Very true Pete. You can't continually cut, or even completely remove, services to support people and then be surprised when that causes issues down the line.

Obviously we don't know all the details of this horrible event at the moment but we do seem to be experiencing horrific events that could, and should, have been prevented more regularly these days.

So nothing to do with “removing services” as none of the other cases were then

shmmeee

Hard last night the woman in the co-op (seemingly the mum) was shouting something about the mafia. Likely someone’s misheard her say “my son” or something but still.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Child was in the care of the woman who has been arrested. She has now been detained under the mental health act.

I take mental health seriously, but stabbing a child...

Sky Blue Pete

Child was in the care of the woman who has been arrested. She has now been detained under the mental health act.

I take mental health seriously, but stabbing a child...
What don’t you understand about mental health that means stabbing someone can happen if the necessary support and medical assistance is not available?

There’s obviously the question of guilt and consciousness and appropriate punishment but it does blow my mind that we aren’t aware that mental illness can mean people can be psychotic on occasion, including stabbing others to death and not be fully in control of their actions

Tragic of course and in this case, like the girl stabbed in the park, just incomprehensible for us ‘normal’ ones

olderskyblue

What don’t you understand about mental health that means stabbing someone can happen if the necessary support and medical assistance is not available?

There’s obviously the question of guilt and consciousness and appropriate punishment but it does blow my mind that we aren’t aware that mental illness can mean people can be psychotic on occasion, including stabbing others to death and not be fully in control of their actions

Tragic of course and in this case, like the girl stabbed in the park, just incomprehensible for us ‘normal’ ones
Had she had mental health issues before this incident?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm going to be honest, some of the shit you are saying on this thread is a bit weird mate.

No one is questioning that mental health can't make someone do unsavoury things, but stabbing a child? That isn't exactly something you see every day is it? I'm not sure why, but it almost comes across as if you are trying to apologise for her.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm going to be honest, some of the shit you are saying on this thread is a bit weird mate.

No one is questioning that mental health can't make someone do unsavoury things, but stabbing a child? That isn't exactly something you see every day is it? I'm not sure why, but it almost comes across as if you are trying to apologise for her.

I can’t quite believe what I’m reading on this thread in all honesty.

Sky Blue Pete

Why? It so frustrates me that there are so many holes in our support services.
Not apologising for her, how could I even know the circumstances?
Ive supported friends with psychosis and other mental health issues that haven’t known what they’ve done.

Sorry to frustrate you

Grendel

Why? It so frustrates me that there are so many holes in our support services.
Not apologising for her, how could I even know the circumstances?
Ive supported friends with psychosis and other mental health issues that haven’t known what they’ve done.

Sorry to frustrate you

Do you think Dennis Neilson would have just been a normal guy if he’d popped round for a bit of CRT at the taxpayers expense?

Grendel

Was he mad?

No sitting dead corpses around the dining room and chatting to them so he wasn’t lonely - thinking about it he was an all round normal guy

Grendel

I mean if she's actually suffered psychosis who are you to sign the death warrant? We don't have enough information to see how mentally culpable she is.

great let’s get the tea and cakes out and give her a group hug

RegTheDonk

Jesus. You would think that if it's the grandmother, the family must have had some inkling as to her mental state? Sympathy for the parents, poor kid.

JAM See

Jesus. You would think that if it's the grandmother, the family must have had some inkling as to her mental state? Sympathy for the parents, poor kid.
As @Grendel says...

"Hang her from the neck until she's dead"

Grendel

As @Grendel says...

What do you want to do? Understand her issues and okay a game of beetle drive? Out of interest would you ever want her as a next door neighbour

Grendel

I’m unsure what you are trying to say. Fuck whether someone is mad kill them anyway?

No I’m saying someone who murders a child they it seems are related to has little empathy from me and I don’t want to see them ever in society again

Grendel

What a horribly sad thing to happen. What sort of situation would lead a woman to kill her own grandchild in front of his mother?

We should give granny a hug. She has issues.

JAM See

What do you want to do? Understand her issues and okay a game of beetle drive? Out of interest would you ever want her as a next door neighbour
What bit of

do you not understand?

Honestly, the intellectual capacity of some posters on here really makes the heart sink.

Grendel

What bit of

do you not understand?

Would you want her next door as your 5 year old plays in the garden? I doubt it

Grendel

What bit of

do you not understand?

Honestly, the intellectual capacity of some posters on here really makes the heart sink.

Well mr intellectual capacity I’ve asked 3 times if you’d want a child killer on release living next door to you.

Users who are viewing this thread