Earlsdon (1 Viewer)

JAM See

Would you want her next door as your 5 year old plays in the garden? I doubt it
You are Sarah Gove and I claim my ten pounds.

Yawn.

Grendel

Well I mean not even the Americans are executing those proven insane

Has this person been proven insane? Would you ever want them to breath air again? Why mention America? Other countries have the death penalty,

Brighton Sky Blue

Has this person been proven insane? Would you ever want them to breath air again? Why mention America? Other countries have the death penalty,

America has one of if not the highest incarceration rates in the world and isn't shy at all about carrying out the death penalty. Even they recognise that an insane person isn't responsible for their actions in the same manner as someone with full awareness and understanding of what they're doing.

I don't know if she's been proven insane, you don't either. All Pete and I are saying really is to wait for that before demanding her to hang from the gallows.

Would I want to live next door to Ed Gein either no

JAM See

1643317510150.png

Knobheab gets involved in discussion.

Knobhead argues their point.

Knobhead realises that they've lost the argument.

Knobhead posts laughing emoji as a last resort.

How very trite.

Grendel

America has one of if not the highest incarceration rates in the world and isn't shy at all about carrying out the death penalty. Even they recognise that an insane person isn't responsible for their actions in the same manner as someone with full awareness and understanding of what they're doing.

I don't know if she's been proven insane, you don't either. All Pete and I are saying really is to wait for that before demanding her to hang from the gallows.

Would I want to live next door to Ed Gein either no

If she’s not declared insane - which is very rare - Suttcliffe failed to convince a jury of that - what then? Still give her free board and lodgings?

Grendel

She's been sectioned

which still means nothing until she stands trial if the CPS deem she is fit to do so . The rigour to defend the rights of a killer is frankly astonishing

Brighton Sky Blue

which still means nothing until she stands trial if the CPS deem she is fit to do so . The rigour to defend the rights of a killer is frankly astonishing

Maybe it's the rigour to verify if someone is mentally ill or not when committing a crime so savage most here can't find a sane reason to have done it

lordy_87

Insane or not someone who has murdered their 5 year old grandson shouldn't be able to walk this earth. The world is better off without them.

Grendel

Maybe it's the rigour to verify if someone is mentally ill or not when committing a crime so savage most here can't find a sane reason to have done it

Do you think Peter Suttciffe was sane?

Johnnythespider

Ask yourself a question, what grandmother in their right mind would stab their grandchild to death. The answer of course is they wouldn't.

Grendel

Ask yourself a question, what grandmother in their right mind would stab their grandchild to death. The answer of course is they wouldn't.

Rose west killed her own step daughter and Fred was happy to rape and murder his own children. Neither were considered insane in terms of the law

Grendel

Your encyclopaedic knowledge of violent killers combined with your regular bloodthirst for criminals is quite strange really. I wonder where it comes from.

Fred Dineage

Johnnythespider

Ok they are insane maybe they can be rehabilitated but what stops then from going mad again?
I doubt there are any guarantees, I don't know if she's the grandmother on the maternal or paternal side but while our revulsion at this act may make it easy to seek revenge I'm not sure her son or daughter would want her put to death. We don't know all the facts yet and I've seen my mother go through a psychotic episode, it's horrible and getting the help required is not easy.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well to even be sectioned in the first place requires medical judgment. Can't recall it happening often at all in most murder cases.

Grendel

Grendel

We’ve had Peter Sutcliffe, Dennis Nilsen and Fred/Rosemary West references from you all in one evening - all very normal and not at all alarm bell-inducing behaviour.

Oh I missed Dennis Radar. Arthur Shawcross. Ed gein isn’t really a serial killer - low grade and over blown

Brighton Sky Blue

he was in brodmoor as criminally insane - but then a judge decided he’d well - made it up

Does this murder strike you as calculated and pre meditated, or as a random act of senseless violence?

Our understanding of mental illness and accurately detecting it is I suspect more advanced than it was 40 years ago. You do strike me as someone stuck in the 80s in more ways than one

Reactions: SBT

Grendel

Does this murder strike you as calculated and pre meditated, or as a random act of senseless violence?

Our understanding of mental illness and accurately detecting it is I suspect more advanced than it was 40 years ago. You do strike me as someone stuck in the 80s in more ways than one

With respect the law regarding this hasn’t changed and will be the determination of this persons fitness to stand trial abd will be no different than it was in the 80’s - or indeed the 50’s or 60’s - look at the controversy around De Salvo

I think someone whose obsessed with trade union power, the rights to down tools and power to the people is far more stuck in the eighties than me

Nick

Administrator
It was only a few weeks ago that poor kid in Birmingham was tortured and murdered.

Obviously anybody who kills is a wrong un but against a kid, it's just worse.

Brighton Sky Blue

With respect the law regarding this hasn’t changed and will be the determination of this persons fitness to stand trial abd will be no different than it was in the 80’s - or indeed the 50’s or 60’s - look at the controversy around De Salvo

I think someone whose obsessed with trade union power, the rights to down tools and power to the people is far more stuck in the eighties than me

Can you even stand trial while sectioned?

A bit bizarre really. About the only power left to unions these days is to strike and then only with over half the members consenting

Users who are viewing this thread