Doug King Takeover (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

Bloody hell glass half empty or what!!! And when a rent deal is agreed it will be too short and when it’s extended it will be something else bloomin eck

Where’s the sense in frasers pricing the football club out of the ground.

To be fair these are valid concerns.
After all, we had a ten year deal that didn't last for 2!

Ross1247

I am hopeful that this is the beginning of good things for us. I think we need to do our part and get behind the club and team, big home game coming up v Norwich and owe them one. A packed stadium would be a good place to start as fans to get behind the team! Then hope the owner does his part and enables the team and management to do theirs!

Liquid Gold

this 'debt free' claim...we've certainly heard that before from Ransom, and that turned out to be horse shit.
Did it?

Honest question here. Couldn't they have bought the club, cleared the debts and then racked up a load of new debts in the following years?

It gets banded around that the Ransom claim was bollocks but it could have been true and then football finances caught up on them.

slowpoke

Glad thats all done so hopefully it’s now onwards and upwards, big plus for me is sisu marginalised would rather they had gone altogether but at least this is a start. Don’t know the link between them and King but a leopard doesn’t change its spots won’t be long before our Doug realises what they are all about.
Wonder where Fisher stands now, another cretin.

djr8369

Bloody hell glass half empty or what!!! And when a rent deal is agreed it will be too short and when it’s extended it will be something else bloomin eck

Where’s the sense in frasers pricing the football club out of the ground.
I think overall I’m cautiously optimistic I just have a tendency to imagine the worse case scenario.

It makes no sense to price the club out but of course they wouldn’t do that. They’d milk us for what they can or use as leverage for their own takeover. Maybe they really aren’t interested though and happy to take rent at a fair price, fingers crossed.

junglej13

Did it?

Honest question here. Couldn't they have bought the club, cleared the debts and then racked up a load of new debts in the following years?

It gets banded around that the Ransom claim was bollocks but it could have been true and then football finances caught up on them.
Always remember the phrase was 'we have no overdraft'

Danceswithhorses

Did it?

Didn't they explain that one away by clarifying that 'debt free' actually meant 'external' debt

robbiekeane

Is it just me, but i find it hard to believe this 'debt free' claim...we've certainly heard that before from Ransom, and that turned out to be horse shit.
Most football club owners load clubs with debt, to reduce any taxes owing...which is sensible.
Maybe King will keep the debt at one of his profitable companies to lessen the tax there, as it's super unlikely we will be making any profits ??
I really really hope you don’t do your own tax returns

shmmeee

If the last few years have taught me anything it’s that this site knows nothing and when things do go tits up we didn’t predict it we predicted something else entirely. So I’m happy enough, let’s see where we are at the start of next season before going mental.

CCFCSteve

Great that it’s finally confirmed. The fire sale of Hyam followed by the lack of real interest in the ground suggested that SISU were done and we’d only be going one way without continued miracles. Let’s hope Kings better

Yorkshire SB

Is it just me, but i find it hard to believe this 'debt free' claim...we've certainly heard that before from Ransom, and that turned out to be horse shit.
Most football club owners load clubs with debt, to reduce any taxes owing...which is sensible.
Maybe King will keep the debt at one of his profitable companies to lessen the tax there, as it's super unlikely we will be making any profits ??
Thing is, why say it if untrue? It wasn’t an absolute for the fans. It puts us on the front foot and gives the club a different dynamic both internally and externally. It’ll probably be an interest free loan, payable on promotion or similar. I imagine King will want PL - in which case, his investment pays off big time.

Users who are viewing this thread