Doug King Takeover (11 Viewers)

hill83

Gets better

Celebration Party Hard GIF

NorthernWisdom

or the last minute sale of Vik for £4m, with Max brought in to plug the gap until summer 😊
Still in credit with that!

Anyway, as we're all a bit pessimistic, note that the deal involved the clearance of all debts up until the point the deal was agreed in November, so seems every loss from that point is going on the books!

Still, I genuinely thought SISU were here until Joy or (more likely!) I died, so this is a day of note!

NorthernWisdom

To be fair to Fisher, he’s left the club in a better place compared to when he joined - wasn’t he supposed to have been pivotal in bringing in Robins too?
I know there are some quite large issues during his spell(! the fact we don't have a ground sorted for next season yet being one!) but the football club side of things does seem to have been run relatively sanely over his years.

Anyway, new start and, if nothing else, no bugger knows anything about Doug really, so it's a voyage of discovery for us all!

shy_tall_knight

What did Fisher a Sheff Wed fan ever get out of being Chairman of CCFC, the day to day management of the club and the cost management of the club improved under his tenure. What the problem was and could still be, was the lack of strategic direction

Happy_Martian

What did Fisher a Sheff Wed fan ever get out of being Chairman of CCFC, the day to day management of the club and the cost management of the club improved under his tenure. What the problem was and could still be, was the lack of strategic direction

A paycheck from SiSu. He didn't support the club, he was a placeholder, ensuring it reduced its losses so his bosses could sell on.

Reactions: vow

alexccfc99

I heard a rumour at the time when they were both directors, Fisher and Venus apparently had a disagreement on sacking Slade and bringing Robins back

Fisher put his foot down and did it anyway and as a result Venus resigned

If that’s true, that’s about the only thing I’ll remember him fondly for

Users who are viewing this thread