Doug King Takeover (8 Viewers)

skybluetony176

So what’s the theory? And what’s the evidence and where is it from?
Occam’s razor
The evidence is what I see with my own eyes. In fact it’s what we all see. I’m only talking about things that are publicly known and confirmed by the club. Such as the EFL coming back for more info. The timeline of the Gillingham takeover compared to ours. No rumours from Dave’s mates dogs dad down the pub. Genuine information, reported in the news and confirmed by the club. Couple that with the distinct possibility that SISU took Storey seriously, couple that with their multiple bad choices over their tenure. It’s more than possible their judgment is again floored in accepting Kings bid.

skybluetony176

They the team bottom of league 2???
Why would that make a difference? League place is irrelevant. Why would it be a factor in the EFL approving a club takeover? Are there different rules for a takeover in league 2 from a takeover in the championship? I seriously doubt it. If anything their takeover was more complicated, as already pointed out it required the ground putting up as security for the investment.

Matt smith

Yer, but you get concerned if the MET office says there's a 10% chance of rain.
Yer, but you get concerned if the MET office says there's a 10% chance of rain.
Good one pal hahaha

think this takeover has clearly stalled. Regardless I hope we have the funds to bring 3 loans in.

I think robins coming out and saying vik wasn’t going was on the proviso the take over was done.

if gimoc is correct sums up our luck

GIMOC

The Norwich speculation is laughable.
How? I think you forget he’s a living legend for Norwich. Worshipped by the fans. The relationship between club and fans is rock bottom there. Just look on Twitter. That appointment would be the ideal appointment to get fans back onside

GIMOC

Think we will yep
So is it the club
Owner
Player
Or do you just make stuff up?
come on just confirm where you are getting the info from?
I’ve communicated with the owner and the club and my link to both and all are expecting the takeover to happen
was you on the pop last night?

as I said, I won’t disclose who I receive info from. Why would I? And sorry but being a fan representative doesn’t give you inside info. your basically a mouth piece/PR for the club.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Lets be honest

Last we heard the EFL have asked for more info as the proof of funds isnt strong enough. Then all of a sudden it goes quiet

Its been fishy since the minute it was announced and people dont want to believe they've been led up the garden path again

BrisbaneBronco

The EFL will surely want to know where we will be playing after May 23 and how long for. They will be sick of Sisu moving the club every couple of seasons and as King is Sisu then this will be a big issue with EFL

NorthernWisdom

Think we will yep
So is it the club
Owner
Player
Or do you just make stuff up?
come on just confirm where you are getting the info from?
I’ve communicated with the owner and the club and my link to both and all are expecting the takeover to happen
I'm not worried about a delay, but your sources on this are not going to say anything else are they, so are pretty irrelevant too.

Sky Blue Pete

Lets be honest

Last we heard the EFL have asked for more info as the proof of funds isnt strong enough. Then all of a sudden it goes quiet

Its been fishy since the minute it was announced and people dont want to believe they've been led up the garden path again
When did the efl ask that?

Robccfc87

Lets be honest

Is that true or just words in the wind?

Sky Blue Pete

was you on the pop last night?

as I said, I won’t disclose who I receive info from. Why would I? And sorry but being a fan representative doesn’t give you inside info. your basically a mouth piece/PR for the club.
Nope
It’s not a hard question my friend
Not asking for names just the source
Not from a fans perspective I’m on about conversations I’ve had with those groups
I’m suggesting that if Mark Robins and Dave Boddy don’t know what’s going on how the hell do you know???
I’m not saying I’ve asked them specifically but I am saying they fully expect the takeover to go through and are managing their own roles to a greater or lesser degree and probably we should do the same.
Pr for the club - it’s a shit line

Sky Blue Pete

How? I think you forget he’s a living legend for Norwich. Worshipped by the fans. The relationship between club and fans is rock bottom there. Just look on Twitter. That appointment would be the ideal appointment to get fans back onside
You may have inside information from somewhere. Be interesting to know where but Norwich don’t appoint managers like robins they just don’t

Sky Blue Pete

It doesn't sound that radical a request either tbh even if true. It they radical that super proof and analysis takes more than an afternoon.

Plus we want an owner to have funds to buy, regardless of EFL!

I'd be more concerned if they were raising concerns over his arms trade and paedophile ring involvement!
It isn’t radical but to think the efl wouldn’t ratify the takeover is hilarious. Has he not been at the last few games? Why is he there if it’s going to go tits up ?

slowpoke

No one knows anything yet, it’s all rumour and guess work EFL will conduct their inquiry quietly release their decision to Doug King and the club one of who will make an announcement as and when they feel fit, they might know now and let’s not panic about the transfer window not open yet and the first date any new signing can play a league match is the 14th of January.

Sky Blue Pete

No one knows anything yet, it’s all rumour and guess work EFL will conduct their inquiry quietly release their decision to Doug King and the club one of who will make an announcement as and when they feel fit, they might know now and let’s not panic about the transfer window not open yet and the first date any new signing can play a league match is the 14th of January.
How come it’s the 14th slowpoke?

SBT

He would be the first man to takeover the club attend games and then be found to be a fraud. It would be business suicide

I’m just saying Occam’s razor
Exactly - it would be like CBRE or Warwick University signing on to a new stadium announcement that was never going to happen. You don’t just mess around with Doug King’s reputation like that.

Brighton Sky Blue

So you are saying it’s horseshit
I’m not sure what the most probable outcome is at this point. We’re 6 weeks on from the announcement and the average time it takes for a new owner to be given the ok I presume isn’t that long.

You say the most probable outcome is what-the EFL just really taking their time?

Sky Blue Pete

Walter Mitty and football's world of make-believe Walter Mitty and football's world of make-believe
Ok so for £300k you read £25m and your opinion of joy must be zero. To be fair you are rational and logical and always have been so I hear your question and recognise your reasonable doubt. And I agree there’s legitimate reason for healthy scepticism. I’m just saying those making stuff up need to cite their sources. Not names

Users who are viewing this thread