Doug King Takeover (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

I’m saying that football routinely attracts no-marks who turn up in the directors box, make some noises that get the fans going, then either disappear without trace or fuck everything up before leaving in disgrace.
No you said Cbre and Warwick uni are no marks and so could Mr King be

Grendel

Hence why it would be good to know the source of gimocs information be it the club the owner the pub business

As his source clearly is not a club “approved” source but gets info from somewhere he’s hardly going to declare it is he

GIMOC

Ok so for £300k you read £25m and your opinion of joy must be zero. To be fair you are rational and logical and always have been so I hear your question and recognise your reasonable doubt. And I agree there’s legitimate reason for healthy scepticism. I’m just saying those making stuff up need to cite their sources. Not names

making stuff up? Jesus Christ. You are making yourself look silly. You keep saying you speak to the club and the owners. Doubt very much they’ll tell you when things are going wrong. You get used to spout sisu propaganda.

why don’t you ask them what the hold up is? See what response you get? Just a thought

SBT

No you said Cbre and Warwick uni are no marks and so could Mr King be
I’m saying that if well-known, internationally recognised groups like CBRE and Warwick University can sign on to obvious tosh like our last two new stadium projects without suffering major reputational damage, then comparative nobodies like Doug King certainly have nothing to fear about soiling themselves in public with a botched takeover.

Sky Blue Pete

making stuff up? Jesus Christ. You are making yourself look silly. You keep saying you speak to the club and the owners. Doubt very much they’ll tell you when things are going wrong. You get used to spout sisu propaganda.

why don’t you ask them what the hold up is? See what response you get? Just a thought
I have and
I’m saying that if well-known, internationally recognised groups like CBRE and Warwick University can sign on to obvious tosh like our last two new stadium projects without suffering major reputational damage, then comparative nobodies like Doug King certainly have nothing to fear about soiling themselves in public with a botched takeover.
ah yep that makes sense and true enough

Sky Blue Pete

Joined August 15 2022. Been a fan for long?? I wonder where you’ve been

Grendel

What do you mean by “it’s stalled”? Is it on or off? What does stalled mean?

I assume it just means the required info from the EFL is not exactly forthcoming

Im not really sure where this guys money is from - Coleman’s hedge fund I assume

shmmeee

I assume it just means the required info from the EFL is not exactly forthcoming

Im not really sure where this guys money is from - Coleman’s hedge fund I assume

You mean they’ve asked for something and we/King cant send it? Because that goes against what the club have explicitly said.

I cant see Sisu wanting to stick around for the shits and giggles. They’ve clearly been desperate to get out since the summer.

GIMOC

What do you mean by “it’s stalled”? Is it on or off? What does stalled mean?

means it’s looking less likely than it did 2 weeks ago. EFL asking for further details into POF. As of Wednesday. Haven’t heard anything since

GIMOC

You mean they’ve asked for something and we/King cant send it? Because that goes against what the club have explicitly said.

I cant see Sisu wanting to stick around for the shits and giggles. They’ve clearly been desperate to get out since the summer.
If you are going by what the club said then more fool you.

Two quick snippets for you. Look at the dates.

Since then, we’ve heard nothing. Why do you think?

skybluetony176

The thing that pricked my suspicion at the very start was him being described in the press release as a local businessman. Can’t see anything anywhere to suggest that he is local. One of his business interests is based in Stratford, but that is a stretch to label him a local business man. Mike Ashley has stores all around Coventry and Warwickshire long before he purchased ACL but you wouldn’t describe him as a local businessman. As soon as I read that in the press release I smelled BS. Nothing that’s happened since has changed my mind, if anything the opposite. Until the EFL approves it he hasn’t bought jack and that has hit a rocky patch. It might happen, I really don’t know. SISU has a history of creating fog for misdirection so based on that I’ll believe it when it’s approved.

Grendel

Imminent reminds me of Stephen Vaughan and the wasps refinancing

shmmeee

If you are going by what the club said then more fool you.

Two quick snippets for you. Look at the dates.

Since then, we’ve heard nothing. Why do you think?

Its Christmas?

GIMOC

Its Christmas?

Let point you in the right direction.

So 6th december was original article. clearly something was ahead as both Gilbert and Telegraph published the story. Fast forward to Swansea game and Boddy said it was imminent. Whole week before Christmas so to use Christmas as an excuse is short sighted to say the least.

shmmeee

means it’s looking less likely than it did 2 weeks ago. EFL asking for further details into POF. As of Wednesday. Haven’t heard anything since

To be clear: have you heard anything other than what everyone else has which is the EFL asked for more details around finance which have been provided and we are waiting for a decision? You don’t have to say what it is or who told you, but is there more than that that isn’t you speculating?

Just trying to work out what you’re claiming.

GIMOC

To be clear: have you heard anything other than what everyone else has which is the EFL asked for more details around finance which have been provided and we are waiting for a decision? You don’t have to say what it is or who told you, but is there more than that that isn’t you speculating?

Just trying to work out what you’re claiming.

How many times do I need to say it. Got told at the baggies game the deal has stalled due to EFL asking for further POF. Which stacks up considering we’ve been told the approval has been imminent for weeks. Let’s see but not sure why you are so adamant to believe boddy and sisu.

shmmeee

Let point you in the right direction.

So 6th december was original article. clearly something was ahead as both Gilbert and Telegraph published the story. Fast forward to Swansea game and Boddy said it was imminent. Whole week before Christmas so to use Christmas as an excuse is short sighted to say the least.

Boddy said the club had provided more details as asked on the 17th. That’s a week before Christmas during a time when at least at my work everyone is dropping like flies with illness if not on leave. It’s hardly out of the realms of possibility that the club are still waiting for a reply is it?

shmmeee

How many times do I need to say it. Got told at the baggies game the deal has stalled due to EFL asking for further POF. Which stacks up considering we’ve been told the approval has been imminent for weeks. Let’s see but not sure why you are so adamant to believe boddy and sisu.

Calm down. I’m just trying to work out what you’re saying and it seems to be the same as what is in the public domain.

GIMOC

Boddy said the club had provided more details as asked on the 17th. That’s a week before Christmas during a time when at least at my work everyone is dropping like flies with illness if not on leave. It’s hardly out of the realms of possibility that the club are still waiting for a reply is it?

I was told the deal stalled post Swansea game. In essence, the info provided didn’t convince EFL to approve. Hence the ‘imminent’ approval has yet to be announced

Users who are viewing this thread