Doug King Takeover (9 Viewers)

GaryPendrysEyes

To be fair it's a realistic target.
We're never going to spend to compete with the parachute payment mob and though anomalies happen I think realistically we're looking at 5th or 6th place.
I think we could have a real crack at that with 3 or 4 decent additions but sisu clearly didn't want to fund that in the last 2 windows.
As I said, I think a target of the playoffs would be a good inspirational stretch target. His emphasis was on knocking on the door of the playoffs which I guess is 7th, 8th.
That just seems a bit flat to inspire fans or players.

LastGarrison

CU has 25k plus students… and that’s just in Cov not their London Yorkshire or polish campus’ there must be huge potential for casual walk up.
I know of a few students who went up and watched games when they were studying at Cov and still take an interest in the club now (Liking FB and Insta posts etc). even after they have returned home.

But I do agree that they should be tapping into that potential more and don’t seem to interact with the Universities at all.

fernandopartridge

I don’t get why he’d have 11th hour bid for the stadium in that case?
Hmmm. Wonder if there is a perception of expected opposition to a FG takeover of CCFC and they were trying to position it as a necessary consequence? But does seem a bit odd.

Or does King believe he can do a better deal with FG than SISU could?

robbiekeane

Quite liked the interview. Came across as measured and intelligent. Deflected most of the bullshit and stupid questions quite well I thought. Didn’t get pulled into slagging SISU off either which is sensible given they’ve not completely gone yet.

Proof will be in the pudding really. Feel like our fans just want him to come out and say yeh I’ve got loads of cash fam I’ll buy some sick players. And yeh I’m desperate for a long lease at the CBS as we have no options and SISU were dog shit

robbiekeane

You are either stupid or/or deaf as well as being a total wanker.
Well done.

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

Samo

The flattest takeover on record, first two games lost.
First press conference gave no clue and therefore not much hope.
First signings two youth players. The omens do not look good.

You think the takeover should mean we immediately win?
Did you want him to lie to you in the press conference and promise the earth? (I thought it was very measured)
The transfer window is still open, wait and see.

slowpoke

Today showed how far we need to go, Norwich looked a Premiership bound team but silly as it sounds we win three out of the next four games we could be very near or even in the play-off spots. But we need major recruitment to be at the Norwich level and they need major recruitment to be premier level.

Saddlebrains

Today showed how far we need to go, Norwich looked a Premiership bound team but silly as it sounds we win three out of the next four games we could be very near or even in the play-off spots. But we need major recruitment to be at the Norwich level and they need major recruitment to be premier level.

Winning 3 or 4 the rest of the season is an ask at the minute

ceetee

Yes. They were a level above despite their defence being nowhere good enough for EPL

shmmeee

Can’t believe how flat footed our recruitment team has been considering they’ve known about the takeover for well over a month TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread